IGNORED

Atari Jaguar promo stuff?

joekorali

Buddy, do you buy all the dupes (I've heard) or leave any for the other collectors? I don't get people who have four of something and won't let anyone else get one of something. I know alls fair, but hey other people like stuff too :D

AX

No buddy, i dont buy up all the dupes,i tend to get alot of cartridges because of collecting the Jaguar consoles,im really going to hit 100 Jags oneday.Im sure many people think i hoard the Jag stuff,maybe i do to some extent, but i really think all the uber-rare Jaguar stuff belongs in one place for other Jag fans to see, not scattered throughout the world to be lost and forgotten. If there is a Jaguar item that i dont have,im going to try and get it as would any collector,i consider myself an extreme Jaguar collector, if im willing to try and oneday obtain 16 Jaguar kiosks,that to me would seem like a clear indication of how far im willing to go ;) . Ive stopped no collector that i know of get something that he wanted,if i did it was something petty. It is a rumor that i have actually helped out many Jaguar fans :) JAGUAR RULES!

Buddy, do you buy all the dupes (I've heard) or leave any for the other collectors? I don't get people who have four of something and won't let anyone else get one of something. I know alls fair, but hey other people like stuff too :D

AX

double post

Edited by BuddyBuddies

Buddies is the reason I'll never get so many Jaguar little extras... ;)

I have all the games just need some of the other goodies now...I will still hunt....At least I know I have afew thing he doesn't

Well,Yet.... :P

Or he can wait till I die..........He'll just have to collect after the reading of my will.

Edited by nonner242

im really going to hit 100 Jags oneday.
Honestly, why ?

I can understand collecting rare stuff, different special editions, or duplicates in case one fails. But 100 copies of the same thing ? You're aware than no Jaguar game supports a 100-player network, right ? :P

There's a thin line between collecting and OCD :D

im really going to hit 100 Jags oneday.
Honestly, why ?

I can understand collecting rare stuff, different special editions, or duplicates in case one fails. But 100 copies of the same thing ? You're aware than no Jaguar game supports a 100-player network, right ? :P

There's a thin line between collecting and OCD :D

:P i know buddy,maybe just alittle OCD and ADD,but i want to have every Jaguar game running! i think it will be cool! :twisted:

Buddy, where do you live (region). I'm actually more of the create your own type. I'd love a real Kiosk for Sega Genesis, Atari Jaguar, and others, but I am going the route of making my own. On the Jaguar unit I'd like to try and make a reproduction that is as close to the original as possible. I've never seen one in person. I've seen plenty of the Genesis ones in person.

AX

Buddy, where do you live (region). I'm actually more of the create your own type. I'd love a real Kiosk for Sega Genesis, Atari Jaguar, and others, but I am going the route of making my own. On the Jaguar unit I'd like to try and make a reproduction that is as close to the original as possible. I've never seen one in person. I've seen plenty of the Genesis ones in person.

AX

;) It would be VERY easy to reproduce the Jaguar kiosk. Infact ive actually thought about doing that. I was thinking i could get about 40 top halfs made,it shouldnt cost more than $100 apiece or less depending on the run,its just black plastic shell. Everything else can be replaced aswell, cabinet can be rebuilt,speakers can be bought,front plasic can be made,the stickers can be done,light can be added. Another idea is to design a completely new look for the Jaguar kiosk :cool: Hopefully oneday you will get to see my Jaguar kiosks running Battlesphere. I have never seen a Genesis kiosk before,maybe i did ,but didnt notice it cause its not Jaguar :D . Also in live in the U.S. ,northeast region! JAGUAR RULES!

Since my computer is acting stupid and I can't post a video on youtube I'll go ahead and try to describe the new items I've found since the last video

1. One copy of The Jaguar's Edge magazine. SOme intresting articles about how the Jaguar did during the First E3 show along with others.

2. One Atari Interactive Year 25, quarter 1 flyer previewing upcooming Atari Jaguar games

3. One Copy of Cat Rap. This was a newsletter distributed only to Atari emlpoyees and discusses marketing strategies, target audience, and of course various comparisons to other systems that were out at the time. This was the first addition.

4. One Atari Jaguar Kiosk concept photo. Has pictures of the unit as well as dimensions, price, and advantages of the Atari Jaugar (of course). I'm assuming this was pitched to stores who sold Jaguars.

5. One invitation given to Atari Employee's to tour london. If I remember the story correctly, Atari was having a convention in London, and sponsered free bus tours for it's employee's. They gave out invitations strictly to employee's and I managed to get one.

6. Three copies of the Atari Connection Newsletter. This was only distributed to Atari Employee's and discusses the goings on in the company at the time. It's the first issue

AX

;) It would be VERY easy to reproduce the Jaguar kiosk. Infact ive actually thought about doing that. I was thinking i could get about 40 top halfs made,it shouldnt cost more than $100 apiece or less depending on the run,its just black plastic shell. Everything else can be replaced aswell, cabinet can be rebuilt,speakers can be bought,front plasic can be made,the stickers can be done,light can be added. Another idea is to design a completely new look for the Jaguar kiosk :cool: Hopefully oneday you will get to see my Jaguar kiosks running Battlesphere. I have never seen a Genesis kiosk before,maybe i did ,but didnt notice it cause its not Jaguar :D . Also in live in the U.S. ,northeast region! JAGUAR RULES!

Do you ever take them or one to any shows?

AX