IGNORED

The Definitive Lynx Cart Variation List

Atari Smeghead

Take a look at this PITS cart though...post-3390-0-18222800-1314315882_thumb.jpgpost-3390-0-21043600-1314315886_thumb.jpgIt is different than the other ones I've seen. Thoughts?
That looks like what I was offered back in 2000/1,Eric.Did you get a manual and the cloudy/transluscent vinyl briefcase with the handle with it too?May I ask what it cost?I was offered one for $225 back then. :) I've seen 3 like that.

Bastian told me they made 25 (50?) of those.

Thanks to Tempest, we now know that Krazy Ace had a black PCB version.

post-1517-0-40553300-1330015592_thumb.jpg

Comparing it to the other black PCBs, I would say it's version #1, with the small square chip in the back. (Tempest, can you confirm or deny this?)

Thanks,

Smeg

That is like the FB/R cart labels in '97 except,on a Songbird board.That is like what I saw in '03 except,for the white label.I remember a color label.

Question...

were the different variant carts (Flat, Ridged, Curved) all released during the same year?

No.

I know about the original 5 being released as Flat carts.

Yes,and ridged too,I believe. ;) Curved carts started with the "Lynx National Rollout" in Feb. 1990 in the U.S.,to my knowledge and experience anyway. ;) The flat and ridged carts seem to have been a preliminary offering for a very limited time. :)

Also,from my memory and all,Eric,the Lynx was released in N.Y.C./S.F. on Oct.11th 1989,instead of the 3rd week of Sept. as announced and planned by Atari -- they had LCD panel supply problems with Citizen and/or Sharp. ;) I'm thinking they also had production problems of getting Lynxes made in quantity in time for launch too. :)

All carts available from at least,July '90 (earlier?) were curved ones that I saw.Never heard about a ridged one until later on.

Edited by chris_lynx1989

• 4 months later...

No, from what we know, the only Japanese version that has the unique back is Klax, and it is listed as such on the list. I'm not sure how we know this... I'm thinking Rygar has them, but someone like Eric or Chris may be able to corroborate this.

Cheers,

Smeg