IGNORED

Need Moon Patrol

jaybird

I was reading the book "Arcade Fever" last night & came across the page featuring Moon Patrol. I have fond memories of the game & decided to dig it out of my Atari collection & give it a whirl.

Remarkably, ut of the 203 Atari games that I owned, Moon Patrol is not one of them. Given it's pretty common, that was surprising to me.

So, if anybody has an extra for sale, let me know & I'll gladly buy it. I'll pay with PayPal to get it here quicker.

Thanks!

It's a very good book. Brings back a lot of memories looking at those games. I can remember the exact places I played them. Tron in a Jr. Food Mart, Star Wars in a Wal-Mart...I could go on & on with the memories.

Someone on another board recommended I go to

www.unitedgame.com

They have a sealed copy of Moon Patrol for only $3. They also have loads of other games for all systems if anyone wants to check them out.

Someone on these boards (I think it was StanJr) turned me on to 2600 Moon Patrol not to long ago. I grew up with the 5200 version so never *really* tried out the 2600 version. And although it misses some things from the arcade (like hills), It's actually a great translation. I played it for quite a while (more than an hour or so to try and get past the 2nd course) which is unusual for me today.

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: NE146 ]