IGNORED

Amazing how much a minority Atari 2600 fans are at Digitpress

homerwannabee

Just as a bit more explanation, the overwhelming majority of my consoles are Atari (2600/5200/7800 and the Jag) or from that era (CV & Vectrex). By the time the NES showed up, I was well into PC gaming, which is where most of my gaming experience and time lies. I did buy a PS2 in 2005, and I've got a DS (sitting on the shelf next to a Lynx), and I've been buying X360 games when they go on sale (although I have no system yet, still waiting on a proper fix M$), but the Atari era holds a lot of my historical interest. Plus, I don't have much interest in the "talk" on gaming forums as most of it tends to be rather low on the intellectual meter and I don't like climbing a mountain of crap just to smell a rose. I prefer to read gaming magazines to follow the industry; it may not be as timely as the internet, but the presence of editors generally improves the content.

I was kind of confused about the difference between the two sites, but this thread cleared it up for me. It seems that over at Digital Press people talk about videogames, and over at AtariAge people talk about how the people at Digital Press talk about videogames. Got it!

All kidding aside, I think Digital Press would be a lot better if they didn't have such sarcastic jerks for admins.

Here is a different perspective to look at. I run into people every day that loved atari 2600 back in the day, and would love to have one again. I think that there are many more atari fans out there that don't use either site. Lets face it, only really serious collectors, gamers, and lurkers use both sites. The rest of folks either dont bother, stay to themselves, or just dont know about either site.

There are many other atari fans out there, so dont feel alone or in the minority. When the Atari movie comes out, there will hopefully be a resurgance in popularity of the old system(not expecting a miracle)

Comparing AA and DP is like comparing apples to oranges. Both have their place. As a collector of over 140 different systems, DP makes sense for me, but I do like the more mature crowd of these forums, not to mention sincere environment.

All kidding aside, I think Digital Press would be a lot better if they didn't have such sarcastic jerks for admins.

I take it you're a mod there and are being sarcastic? From what I've seen they aren't jerks but certainly some have the god complex going on. It must be a genuine high to lock or move a thread over there. I wouldn't call them jerks though.

I take it you're a mod there and are being sarcastic? From what I've seen they aren't jerks but certainly some have the god complex going on. It must be a genuine high to lock or move a thread over there. I wouldn't call them jerks though.

Mods are not bad people, we're just misunderstood. :)

Tempest

:rolling:

Go on and keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. :P

Mods are not bad people, we're just misunderstood. :)

Tempest

I don't think this thread is very snide at all and the initial thread topic is a valid one.

It is however pretty durn funny!

I used to post at both AA and DP regularly. That was years ago though. I think it got to the point where it was hard to keep up with both sites, that and I did a lot of posting at work BEFORE our traffic started going through a proxy server and once that happened I quit surfing sites like this as much, I just kind of fell out of the DP community not because anything TERRIBLE ever happened that pissed me off.

I actually have some fond memories of threads we had going back then. Sothy, buttasuperb and I were always going back and forth. I remember I used to post fake video games starring Joe. Good times. It seems to me I jump in a post a quick post every now and again. Now that I work from home and don't have to worry about the proxy on my home PC I'll have to check it out more often.

There are many flavors of Ice Cream and no one has to like the same kind and can say what they don't like or do like without being rude or insulting. I like Vanilla btw because fo rme it's all about the toppings. ;)

I like vanilla too, lately with a few girl scout cookies.

DP is like getting it with raisins, M&Ms, and a few thumb-tacks mixed in.

Are thay made with REAL girl scouts? :D