IGNORED

Menavision Air Raid Posting On Ebay

SWTMascot

Thank you to the kind users of this site that clued me in on it's existence and recommended I post this on this site for all avid Atari 2600 collectors to see.

I am selling our childhood Atari 2600 system, 25 games and 7 controllers on Ebay. One of the games is the Menavision Air Raid game that is listed as a 10+ in terms of rarity on this site. I also have an Atari Age magazine from 1983 as well. All have been kept in a sealed container at my parent's house since that time frame and we opened them up about 5 years ago to play with our kids and everything worked.

Here is the Ebay listing item number and pictures of everything: 190297989935

Or you can simply type in Menavision on Ebay to search and it pops up as well.

Listing is for 7 days and just started today. I'm searching for the instructions and cover that the Menavision came with but don't know if we still have that or not as I believe all of our Atari stuff was put in the same sealed container.

Thank you!

I notice you are from Texas....even more evidence that this game is from Mexico :ponder:

Mexico? What are you talking about?? This game was bought by my parents for my brother and I 20+ years ago - maybe it was manufactured in Mexico (I don't know and will check to see if it has it listed on there) but I can assure you it's original and we're the only owners of it.

I notice you are from Texas....even more evidence that this game is from Mexico :ponder:

Mexico? What are you talking about?? This game was bought by my parents for my brother and I 20+ years ago - maybe it was manufactured in Mexico (I don't know and will check to see if it has it listed on there) but I can assure you it's original and we're the only owners of it.

There's a theory that the game was manufactured in Mexico or South America. No one knows much about the game's true origins...which is why I asked where it came from (where it was originally purchased).

no no, not saying it's fake. Nobody knows where this cart originally came from. I think Mexico but I really have nothing to go on other then they seem to be found around California, etc.. Very little, well pretty much nothing is known about Menavision. Can you ask your parents where they bought it?

no no, not saying it's fake. Nobody knows where this cart originally came from. I think Mexico but I really have nothing to go on other then they seem to be found around California, etc.. Very little, well pretty much nothing is known about Menavision. Can you ask your parents where they bought it?

Sure will and thank you for the scoop. I know alot of our games were bought at Best Buy but there was a local department store that we also bought from (used to be called simply Cox's but now it's Stripling and Cox) and they're based out of the DFW area and don't have alot of stores outside of this area and I'm thinking that's where it came from. We grew up with the Cox family and one of the siblings lives in my area but the family is all split up now and I understand they have little to nothing to do with it.

This really does add support to the South America theory. Most (all?) of the cart finds link to border states (California or Texas). Also, Menavision is such a Spanish sounding name. There are tons of companies with "-vision" (just think of the huge cable company Univision) in them and it is not uncommon to make it Spanglish with an English word first.

Sure will and thank you for the scoop. I know alot of our games were bought at Best Buy but there was a local department store that we also bought from (used to be called simply Cox's but now it's Stripling and Cox) and they're based out of the DFW area and don't have alot of stores outside of this area and I'm thinking that's where it came from. We grew up with the Cox family and one of the siblings lives in my area but the family is all split up now and I understand they have little to nothing to do with it.

Make sure to show them (your parents) a picture, or the actual cartridge. It is such a unique design that it just might remind them of where they got it. Possibly a trip across the border, maybe they brought back a souvenir for the kids? That is my guess. I doubt it was sold in the US since there is no language on the actual label, no box or manual found yet either. I think it is Mexico but many people think Brazil....but none have been found in Brazil, most have been found near Mexico (in US states) If only you had the manual or box...if they even exsist :?

Now, what I always wondered, is how is it we know the game is even called Air Raid? There is no text of any kind on the label on the cartridge, and the only text in the game itself is Men-A-Vision. So, how did "Air Raid" get applied to this game? Either someone just made that up at some point, or there was a manual or box for it somewhere along the way.

-Ian

Now, what I always wondered, is how is it we know the game is even called Air Raid? There is no text of any kind on the label on the cartridge, and the only text in the game itself is Men-A-Vision. So, how did "Air Raid" get applied to this game? Either someone just made that up at some point, or there was a manual or box for it somewhere along the way.

-Ian

Someone claimed to have a box that said Air Raid but there is no proof, that was years ago so I doubt it was real. I guess thats how it was named?

This really does add support to the South America theory. Most (all?) of the cart finds link to border states (California or Texas). Also, Menavision is such a Spanish sounding name. There are tons of companies with "-vision" (just think of the huge cable company Univision) in them and it is not uncommon to make it Spanglish with an English word first.

I just remembered that one guy said he DID find his at a Mexican garage sale.

-Ian

Someone claimed to have a box that said Air Raid but there is no proof, that was years ago so I doubt it was real. I guess thats how it was named?

IIRC, yes. Someone at one point claimed to have owned or seen a box and/or manual for the game. But who really knows...a lot of the Atari rumors and urban legends that have persisted for years are totally unsubstantiated so far as I can tell.

This is my favorite rare cart.

There is always such hype and controversy around it.

It's been a while since one has come up.

This will be fun !

Congrats on this sale! You should make about 30x what you thought it would go for at least!

Anyone want to play guess the final price on this one?

Edited by therealred5

Yes. You'll have great success selling this lot. I personnally think it is a horrible game to play. Maybe because I suck at it but nonetheless it is very sought after and the case style is very common with South America. It's a hack but it is the most sought after one I know of. Good luck! I'll be more than likely getting in on he action but do believe it will be way out of my price range in the end. Oh, yeah, my tax return. Forgot about that. :D

Thank you to the kind users of this site that clued me in on it's existence and recommended I post this on this site for all avid Atari 2600 collectors to see.

I am selling our childhood Atari 2600 system, 25 games and 7 controllers on Ebay. One of the games is the Menavision Air Raid game that is listed as a 10+ in terms of rarity on this site. I also have an Atari Age magazine from 1983 as well. All have been kept in a sealed container at my parent's house since that time frame and we opened them up about 5 years ago to play with our kids and everything worked.

Listing is for 7 days and just started today. I'm searching for the instructions and cover that the Menavision came with but don't know if we still have that or not as I believe all of our Atari stuff was put in the same sealed container.

Thank you!

Boy, you fine that manual, You will be everyones Hero. :)

Thank you!

Boy, you fine that manual, You will be everyones Hero. :)

He finds the box and manual and he's looking at upwards of $10,000 IMO.