IGNORED

Menavision Air Raid Posting On Ebay

SWTMascot

If there is anything additional to that Air Raid cart, wow, I am going to have to sell some stock or something...... ;)

Jose running out of money :( I never thought I would see the day :sad:

It's a figure of speech......if this seller has the manual and/or the box, this will be a record auction......for an Atari 2600 complete game.

BTW, I did have two of them but I used one of them for a trade on another R10 item.... :)

Maybe I'll get this one to use as trade bait.....I have found that sometimes I can get some ultra rare items by trading ultra rare items.... ;)

Edited by Wonder007

Okay guys, I posted one more pic on the Ebay site (that's all I had room for).

I've got another 7-8 pics of the game and if anyone is interested in seeing them, simply go to Ebay and shoot me an email and I'll gladly send them to you (or can do here as well).

No dings, scratches, etc. as we really don't even remember playing this game but remember playing all of the rest so it likely has been played only a handful of times ever.

...much louder then cash :)

...much louder than cash.

my bad...... sorry for the grammatical error.....:( On that note, Menavision, if it was in Spanish, would require an accent (or tilde) on top of the o. So, for you "Mexico" theorists, either the Mexican folks at Menavision forgot the accent or it was not made in Latin America. To boot, the "Mena" part of the word does not exist in the Spanish language. If this company was trying to say "men", it would be "Hombrevisión" or some other Spanish word. In addition, it is an action game so the company maybe wanted to focus on "men", "action" type of games....I am not trying to be sexist or anything but just trying to think where the word Menavision came from.

My two cents of the day........................ :cool:

On that note, Menavision, if it was in Spanish, would require an accent (or tilde) on top of the o. So, for you "Mexico" theorists, either the Mexican folks at Menavision forgot the accent or it was not made in Latin America. To boot, the "Mena" part of the word does not exist in the Spanish language. If this company was trying to say "men", it would be "Hombrevisión" or some other Spanish word. In addition, it is an action game so the company maybe wanted to focus on "men", "action" type of games....I am not trying to be sexist or anything but just trying to think where the word Menavision came from.
I think so too.

IMO it has nothing in common with Spanish.

BTW: it's Men-A-Vision, not Menavision.

8)

On that note, Menavision, if it was in Spanish, would require an accent (or tilde) on top of the o. So, for you "Mexico" theorists, either the Mexican folks at Menavision forgot the accent or it was not made in Latin America. To boot, the "Mena" part of the word does not exist in the Spanish language. If this company was trying to say "men", it would be "Hombrevisión" or some other Spanish word. In addition, it is an action game so the company maybe wanted to focus on "men", "action" type of games....I am not trying to be sexist or anything but just trying to think where the word Menavision came from.
I think so too.

IMO it has nothing in common with Spanish.

BTW: it's Men-A-Vision, not Menavision.

8)

Even more so........

It would be fantastic to find out what the name of this game

really is.

If there is a box or manual, I think this would break the record for

a single game auction for any system on Ebay.

It would be fantastic to find out what the name of this game

really is.

If there is a box or manual, I think this would break the record for

a single game auction for any system on Ebay.

Easily....but I have a feeling that he/she does not have it (box and/or manual).......I think it would have appeared on the auction by now.... :(

My only question in all of this is... who was the ignorant $!@%ing jackass - the "editor of Atari Age" - that contacted the seller suggesting they end the current auction? I've tried for the life of me to understand why someone would perform such an act of douchebaggery, and the only reason that makes any sense is simply to be a dick.

For those of us who found the game in the auction lot - which clearly there were at least a few of us - a bidding battle would have ensued. I was planning to win in the $1000-1200 range, hoping that the other lucky folks couldn't commit more than that to the purchase. The seller would have been thrilled for such a return, and a collector (myself or otherwise) would have been able to acquire an amazing piece for a reasonable price.

Instead, someone who I'd bet has no ability to make a play on this game decides to make the auction into a three-ring circus for their amusement and nothing else. This auction now belongs to a few deep pockets and out of reach of most collectors. Well done, anonymous fartchunk

By no means do I hold anything against the seller or anyone else with the sole exception of the rotten assface who blew this all up.

To them, I wish the worst.

My only question in all of this is... who was the ignorant $!@%ing jackass - the "editor of Atari Age" - that contacted the seller suggesting they end the current auction? I've tried for the life of me to understand why someone would perform such an act of douchebaggery, and the only reason that makes any sense is simply to be a dick.

For those of us who found the game in the auction lot - which clearly there were at least a few of us - a bidding battle would have ensued. I was planning to win in the $1000-1200 range, hoping that the other lucky folks couldn't commit more than that to the purchase. The seller would have been thrilled for such a return, and a collector (myself or otherwise) would have been able to acquire an amazing piece for a reasonable price.

Instead, someone who I'd bet has no ability to make a play on this game decides to make the auction into a three-ring circus for their amusement and nothing else. This auction now belongs to a few deep pockets and out of reach of most collectors. Well done, anonymous fartchunk

By no means do I hold anything against the seller or anyone else with the sole exception of the rotten assface who blew this all up.

To them, I wish the worst.

I would have never even posted the Auction, if it was hidden, but even Stevie Wonder could have spotted that auction. So the Deep pockets were going to be there, no matter what. I didn't contact the Seller, but I am sure Quite a few people Did for side deals. Like I said before. I could care less of Side deals of putting up Buy it nows, but someone just Screwing around and lieing about who they are. Isn't cool. The seller knows what they have and looks like, they are going to give a fair shake, at letting the Highest bid win. Who knows, maybe they can find that manual. :)

Edited by hhwolfman

Can someone answer this question for me?

I read in some thread somewhere that the word "Men-A-Vision" appears somewhere on the cart - either inside, or possibly in screenshots of the game itself. Is this true?

Also, (correct me if I'm wrong) but don't some other T-handle games also have a front label on them (that usually has fallen off)?

Like Condor Attack here - CONDOR ATTACK

I own Spider Maze and Vulture Attack - both T-handles as well, of which neither has the front label. I've yet to see any pictures of these games that do have one. Does anyone know if they ever did?

What I'm curious about is for those people lucky enough to actually own a copy of Air Raid, is there any sort of "stickiness" or outline on the handle to indicate that there may have been a label on it at some point in the past?

I read in some thread somewhere that the word "Men-A-Vision" appears somewhere on the cart - either inside, or possibly in screenshots of the game itself. Is this true?

Also, (correct me if I'm wrong) but don't some other T-handle games also have a front label on them (that usually has fallen off)?

I own Spider Maze and Vulture Attack - both T-handles as well, of which neither has the front label. I've yet to see any pictures of these games that do have one. Does anyone know if they ever did?

What I'm curious about is for those people lucky enough to actually own a copy of Air Raid, is there any sort of "stickiness" or outline on the handle to indicate that there may have been a label on it at some point in the past?

Men-a-vision appears on the screen. The sticker on Air Raid is strong with no evidence of it coming off- based on the three I have seen in person (two of which I own(ed)...... :)

Ah, my old Condor Attack.....never should have sold that one. Where is Decypher these days anyways?....maybe I can get it back :)

Interesting question.

Is there any on the T-Handle?

8)