IGNORED

Menavision Air Raid Posting On Ebay

SWTMascot

Quick thing about Central American releases that I've learned from NES and SMS collecting. Boxes, if there are any, are typically just a plastic, plain case with maybe an insert, but in this case probably just a carboard box with some sort of window showing the game. It probably wasn't much of anything. And they LOVE blue cartridge casings for some odd reason.

Is it common for them to not have a name or manufacturer on the label?

Thank you to the kind users of this site that clued me in on it's existence and recommended I post this on this site for all avid Atari 2600 collectors to see.

I am selling our childhood Atari 2600 system, 25 games and 7 controllers on Ebay. One of the games is the Menavision Air Raid game that is listed as a 10+ in terms of rarity on this site. I also have an Atari Age magazine from 1983 as well. All have been kept in a sealed container at my parent's house since that time frame and we opened them up about 5 years ago to play with our kids and everything worked.

Here is the Ebay listing item number and pictures of everything: 190297989935

Or you can simply type in Menavision on Ebay to search and it pops up as well.

Listing is for 7 days and just started today. I'm searching for the instructions and cover that the Menavision came with but don't know if we still have that or not as I believe all of our Atari stuff was put in the same sealed container.

Thank you!

So I notice the auction is gone? Was this an April fools joke :?

Is it common for them to not have a name or manufacturer on the label?

VERY common, in fact. Here are some examples (check out this guy's site for more).

http://www.er.uqam.ca/merlin/fd491499/nint...p/crimebusters/

As you can see, typically companies won't show anything and they have all these weird cart shapes and such. Here's an example of a blue one. The company in this case put their name on it, but I just wanted to show the blue cartridge thing going on there.

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseActio...6&lgID=1355

Not sure why blue, but there are a few examples like this.

Guys and Gals,

Cougar302b (aka kmfdm429 on Ebay) - aka "Rob" is a complete a-hole and he will NEVER get the game no matter what. I don't care if you bid $50,000 for it Rob, I'll burn it before I ever let someone like you get their hands on it.

Rob is extremely nasty, vile and pissed that I didn't sell it to him for $300 - poor miserable sole must really need the $$$.

I took down the Ebay listing and have decided not to sell the game after all. It's locked away safely along with printouts showing it's current value for future sale, etc. by my family or children. We don't need the money and I received several offers off of Ebay to sell in the $5,000 range but I turned them all down after talking with my brother, sister, etc. (the owners of the game).

We'll see what happens later and THANK YOU to the many posters on here who emailed me and told me the truth, facts and were extremely kind. It's a shame there are people like Cougar302b on here - or who even exist.

Cougar302b (aka kmfdm429 on Ebay) - aka "Rob" is a complete a-hole and he will NEVER get the game no matter what. I don't care if you bid $50,000 for it Rob, I'll burn it before I ever let someone like you get their hands on it.

I have banned him from AtariAge.

..Al

Guys and Gals,

Rob is extremely nasty, vile and pissed that I didn't sell it to him for $300 - poor miserable sole must really need the $$$.

I took down the Ebay listing and have decided not to sell the game after all. It's locked away safely along with printouts showing it's current value for future sale, etc. by my family or children. We don't need the money and I received several offers off of Ebay to sell in the $5,000 range but I turned them all down after talking with my brother, sister, etc. (the owners of the game).

We'll see what happens later and THANK YOU to the many posters on here who emailed me and told me the truth, facts and were extremely kind. It's a shame there are people like Cougar302b on here - or who even exist.

No offense mate,but i dont think your Mr Popularity here either after reading some of the reactions from my friends here after you pulled the auction for no reason.

"No reason?" Sounds to me like he had plenty of reasons to pull the auction. It is his (and his family's) and he can do with it as he wishes as far as I'm concerned. All I am hearing here is a lot of sour grapes from people who think that just because they helped this guy determine that his cart is rare, they deserve an auction that they can bid on and gape at. That's just not the way it works.

Quite frankly, if I were this guy I wouldn't care if I were Mr. Popularity or not around here... he's got a nice Air Raid cart and not many here can say the same. Good luck, SWT. Keep that cart safe--documentation and provenance is very important for these rarities and it sounds like you have a good handle on that.

"No reason?" Sounds to me like he had plenty of reasons to pull the auction. It is his (and his family's) and he can do with it as he wishes as far as I'm concerned. All I am hearing here is a lot of sour grapes from people who think that just because they helped this guy determine that his cart is rare, they deserve an auction that they can bid on and gape at. That's just not the way it works.

Quite frankly, if I were this guy I wouldn't care if I were Mr. Popularity or not around here... he's got a nice Air Raid cart and not many here can say the same. Good luck, SWT. Keep that cart safe--documentation and provenance is very important for these rarities and it sounds like you have a good handle on that.

I agree.

I hate to say it so I won't. Yes I will. I told ya so. When some harrass the seller they get pissed when their Email or PM box gets blown up. Bye cougar302b. Thanks for being one, I am pretty sure, of many who ruined a chance at me blowing my tax return on one single item. :x :D

This is my favorite rare cart.

There is always such hype and controversy around it.

It's been a while since one has come up.

This will be fun !

+10 AtariAge points for me.

:cool:

And here's a kind email I just received from Rob (only minutes after he tried to create a new account):

Subject: Hey dickhead

Your moderators or you scammed like a motherfucker. You are a true pussy dilbert. Fuck you and your board. Seriously, step up faggot.

Cory

..Al

Ah, I get it now....guess it wasn't an april fools joke.

And here's a new user registration that just appeared a moment ago,

Hello,

You have received this email because a new user has registered!

albertisadickhead completed their registration on Sat Apr 4, 2009 7:09 PM

Glad to see I'm now the target of his immaturity! :D

..Al

And here's a new user registration that just appeared a moment ago,

Hello,

You have received this email because a new user has registered!

albertisadickhead completed their registration on Sat Apr 4, 2009 7:09 PM

Glad to see I'm now the target of his immaturity! :D

Let him in so we can harrass him. :twisted:

Let him in so we can harrass him. :twisted:

As much fun as that would be, better to ignore people like this than stoop to their level. :)

..Al

What a wanker!

Holy hell. Sorry you have to deal with that kind of crap.

i dont want to change the subject, but whats stopping him from making another account? no one would ever know it was him if he chooses a completly different name. unless you do something with the computer address or whatever its called so it can be identified right away, i think something like that can be done, but then again, im by no means a computer expert

i dont want to change the subject, but whats stopping him from making another account? no one would ever know it was him if he chooses a completly different name. unless you do something with the computer address or whatever its called so it can be identified right away, i think something like that can be done, but then again, im by no means a computer expert

*Edit - nevermind, don't want to give the guilty party any new ideas.

Edited by Crazy Climber