IGNORED

Supercharger original prototype hardware?

Seymour

Yes, please let us know if/when they will be going on sale.....I DEFINITELY need these.....don't have any Starpath protos currently... :)

Wonder, you really do need some competition. I swear if I ever land a 100K a year job and am still single you're not going to know what hit you, but alas I only make about 18K a year and so I am not even on your playing field.

Yes, please let us know if/when they will be going on sale.....I DEFINITELY need these.....don't have any Starpath protos currently... :)

Wonder, you really do need some competition. I swear if I ever land a 100K a year job and am still single you're not going to know what hit you, but alas I only make about 18K a year and so I am not even on your playing field.

Remember, I also invested strategically all these years....thank goodness I have a great accountant/stock broker.....:)

I love competition........bring it on.......... ;)

Precisely what I plan on doing :D I know I wont win though, I fear that I will never own a 2600 proto :sad:

Oh, I see I got some competition.....no problem and thanks for the warning..... :twisted:

****time to call accountant**** :cool:

Remember, I also invested strategically all these years....thank goodness I have a great accountant/stock broker.....:)

Wonder's also a dear friend of a guy named Bernard Madoff. :ponder:

Bernie has been hiding monies and valuables with Wonder for decades. :twisted:

Ummm, It was ok to tell everyone now that he has stopped sending you the cash, :P right? :D

On a serious note :?:

Nice find ;)

Precisely what I plan on doing :D I know I wont win though, I fear that I will never own a 2600 proto :sad:

Oh, I see I got some competition.....no problem and thanks for the warning..... :twisted:

****time to call accountant**** :cool:

By the way your competition is a 14 year old kid who has $1,000 to his name. ;)

:lust:

Awesome! Although I'm sure someone has volunteered ahead of me, I do have the stuff to "dump" those tapes.

How would you go about dumping tapes? I have a few TI 99/4a ones (new horizons protos? any one know that company? I think they are local to me.) that need to be dumped. Should I just hook up a tape recorder to my computer and record it?

That's what I did with my Starpath tapes. I used a standard cassette recorder and I hooked its audio output directly to the computer's line input. I made the recording, tested it, and all was well. My Sword of Saros had an audio dropout at the very beginning that I had to edit out, then it worked properly.

That's what I did with my Starpath tapes. I used a standard cassette recorder and I hooked its audio output directly to the computer's line input. I made the recording, tested it, and all was well. My Sword of Saros had an audio dropout at the very beginning that I had to edit out, then it worked properly.

Thanks for the info. Now I have to dig them up :)

On the tapes, the labels are all white and are like the ones shown. There are 2 or 3 each of the usual titles so maybe this was three sets of cartridge plus tapes. Notice in the upper right corner of the label for the Phaser Patrol tape the word "Complete" is written by hand.

Those are prototypes. Labyrinth is the WIP name for Escape from the Mind Master and may be different than the version that was dumped a few years back. Please let someone have a look at those tapes!

Tempest

I have an EPROM programmer so I went ahead and downloaded a binary of the 2k EPROM in one of the prototype superchargers. The file is attached.

I do not know however what needs to be done with the tapes. I am more than happy to "let someone have a look at those tapes". I presume that would be someone who could archive the contents in some fashion and compare them with the released games, etc. Can someone explain how that should be done? Suggestions would be appreciated.

ARCSC2K.BIN

On the tapes, the labels are all white and are like the ones shown. There are 2 or 3 each of the usual titles so maybe this was three sets of cartridge plus tapes. Notice in the upper right corner of the label for the Phaser Patrol tape the word "Complete" is written by hand.

Those are prototypes. Labyrinth is the WIP name for Escape from the Mind Master and may be different than the version that was dumped a few years back. Please let someone have a look at those tapes!

Tempest

I have an EPROM programmer so I went ahead and downloaded a binary of the 2k EPROM in one of the prototype superchargers. The file is attached.

I do not know however what needs to be done with the tapes. I am more than happy to "let someone have a look at those tapes". I presume that would be someone who could archive the contents in some fashion and compare them with the released games, etc. Can someone explain how that should be done? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the dump! The firmware is in fact different from the released one. You should dump the other ROMs just incase they are different. Looks like shadow460 can help you with the tapes :)

Tempest

Thanks for the dump! The firmware is in fact different from the released one. You should dump the other ROMs just incase they are different. Looks like shadow460 can help you with the tapes :)

I was able to easily open one of the others and it has a different board and components. The EPROM is a 2516 instead of a 2716 and it is soldered in rather than socketed. I was able to see that the third one also has the EPROM soldered in (without opening it) so I can't easily download the other binaries.

post-23052-1239049966_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the dump! The firmware is in fact different from the released one.

Sure? For me it is identical. :?

My hex editor gives a bunch of differences :ponder: This is the first time I have used that hex editor though, maybe I did something wrong. What file are you comparing it with? I used:

Supercharger BIOS (1982) (Arcadia Corporation) (PAL).bin

That seems to be the only version in ROM's collection.

Edit: Strange, I did it again and got zero differences. Wonder what I did wrong the first time...

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

My hex editor gives a bunch of differences :ponder: This is the first time I have used that hex editor though, maybe I did something wrong. What file are you comparing it with? I used:

I compared the two ROMs with HOM3 and it shows 0 differences.

Edit: Strange, I did it again and got zero differences. Wonder what I did wrong the first time...

Hmm, that means those are PAL protos then. :(