IGNORED

from free shipping to 71 euros!

Rick Weis

don't take that bullshit ... i checked the prices on http://www.post.be/ for a package of roughly 1 kg (just a guess, but a box with software shouldn't really be heavier)

it is 26 euros to ship it to USA with "Kilopost International": http://www.post.be/taxipost/fr/consumer/ki...ernational.html

this takes about a week

it is about 35 euros with "Taxipost International": http://www.post.be/taxipost/_images/new-tarifs_FR.pdf

this takes 2-8 days with EMS courrier delivery

i'd go for the first option as it is just as fast and insured as well

if there's any communication problem, i'll gladly help you and write to the guy in french ...

it's actually interesting to see that the first offer is the same price whether you ship to germany or usa ... 26 euros for both countries ... so it kind of makes sense that he isn't willing to ship for free as it would cost him more than he's getting for the set ...

let him know that you have the link to the post office site and know about the price, and that he should adjust the costs. 26 euros is for a package up to 5 kg (about 10 pounds) so there's no way it can be more than that.

it's actually interesting to see that the first offer is the same price whether you ship to germany or usa ... 26 euros for both countries ... so it kind of makes sense that he isn't willing to ship for free as it would cost him more than he's getting for the set ...

let him know that you have the link to the post office site and know about the price, and that he should adjust the costs. 26 euros is for a package up to 5 kg (about 10 pounds) so there's no way it can be more than that.

I agree that's a really good point.

I am not too sure about letting this go with the "free shipping." He obviously knows how the system works and is working it for himself. Using "free shipping" gives his listings better position in ebay searches. When sold, he asks the buyer to pay triple for shipping. If I complete an order like this or not, he would get zero for his shipping charges.

Lets all ignore real shipping cost and what not. Not the point.

He specificly stated "Free Shipping". End of story.

He's pissed he didn't get as much as he thought he would and is trying to change the terms & conditions of the auction after the fact. He can go eat it.

He's pissed he didn't get as much as he thought he would and is trying to change the terms & conditions of the auction after the fact. He can go eat it.

Exactly. Free shipping means free, not "free if the bid goes high enough"

He's got 35 seller feedback going back to 2006, this isn't some noob that just started selling yesterday and doesn't know how it works.

Agreed.

..Al

If I were in your place, I would honestly just pay exactly what the auction total was.

If he doesn't send, then you can contact paypal and file with eBay.

Either way, all is in your favor.

Definitely the way to go.

I would fund payment with a credit card just in case.