IGNORED

Amazon to start selling Xbox Live games

cimerians

http://kotaku.com/5203480/amazon-starts-se...al-games-online

Ok its April 8th and this aint no joke. :P

This can be pretty good depending if your a fan of point systems. I really am not but Im not sure if I'll ever use this.

For Sony this would be worthless as they don't have a point system but knowing Amazon they may try and add Sony and Nintendo.

Amazon is the place to buy games.

Here is the first sale:

Galaga Legions (360-XBLA) $4.97 at Amazon

Amazon started selling Xbox Live codes last week, and now we've got our first game on sale, available at 50% off.

Here is the second and most current sale:

Pac-Man Championship Edition, Doom, and Undertow (360-XBLA) On Sale at Amazon

Pac-Man CE gets CheapyD's personal stamp of approval.

Pac-Man Championship Edition $4.97

DOOM $2.97

Undertow $5.00

Thanks to CheapyD

Crap I don't have Galaga yet. $10 was too much but now the sale is over.

I see the first Geometry Wars is on sale for $5.00 as well.

I'm going to start checking these daily. I wouldn't mind the Hasbro games but I'm not paying $10 a piece for them. Hopefully Amazon will have them on sale.

I might end up buying some off Amazon eventually, especially if they keep having sales. Another nice thing is that you only need to spend the money you have to, rather than buy a bulk lot of points that you're only going to use part of.

And now Gamestop/EB can't even hope for a future as a kiosk in the mall that sells the equivalent of calling cards. Now the beast will truly die. All hail the mighty Amazon.

I

Yes, finally!!

Ding Dong the witch is dead..........

well not yet but one can only hope.

Deal alert.

JagMX brought this to my attention:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=..._rd_i=979417011

Basically get a 4000 points card you get a $10 credit to the Live store on Amazon, or snag a 1600 points card and get a $5 credit.

I have plenty of points but I plan on snagging a couple codes to give away at birthdays and Christmas. One cool thing about this is once you purchase the code you can use it whenever without worrying about losing the code.. It shows up under "Your Account" then Digital Content "Your Games and Software Library"

Note this though...

-Promotional discount expires at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on June 30, 2009.

-Each claim code may be used only once.

-Qualifying customers will receive their credit within two business days after the qualifying order has been placed.

In other words you have to use the $5 credit before June 30th. So don't sit on that if you do snag this deal.

Edited by moycon

Deal alert.

JagMX brought this to my attention:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=...creative=390957

Basically get a 4000 points card you get a $10 credit to the Live store on Amazon, or snag a 1600 points card and get a $5 credit.

I have plenty of points but I plan on snagging a couple codes to give away at birthdays and Christmas. One cool thing about this is once you purchase the code you can use it whenever without worrying about losing the code.. It shows up under "Your Account" then Digital Content "Your Games and Software Library"

Note this though...

-Promotional discount expires at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on June 30, 2009.

-Each claim code may be used only once.

-Qualifying customers will receive their credit within two business days after the qualifying order has been placed.

In other words you have to use the $5 credit before June 30th. So don't sit on that if you do snag this deal.

I see that they have an Xbox LIVE Store, so you'd think they'd be pushing affiliates to add banner ads and things to their sites, but there hasn't been a peep about it.

• 4 weeks later...