IGNORED

Commodore 64 vs Atari 800 Xl

youki

No, the A8 clocks the CPU faster and that's very different - if you're talking about 1.77MHz you're already talking about a processor and a machine wrapped around it at that point and that means there are other things that have to be considered.

Yes i understand your point, and that's how it works in reality.

Which is all anybody cares about...

But still, the main processor, and the mainprocessor only in A8 is faster clocked.

But that's the point everyone else keeps repeating, you can't seperate the A8 itself from the processor speed because the former governs the latter. Remove it from the A8 and plonk it into another machine and the clock speed will be whatever the new environment tells it to be. They're not directly compatible in the real world so swapping the processor from an A8 into a C64 wouldn't work but if it could be done the 6502 would simply crank down to 0.985MHz because the C64 hardware would be telling it to.

How fast A8 is, i don't know. But i do know one thing. A fast main processor is a good thing to have when making vektor graphics.

Only if it's attached to a well-designed video system as well. A fast processor with a crap display format is going to lag behind a slower one with a good format. And no, i'm not talking A8 vs C64 here (because the A8 is better served on that front, the C64's bitmap format is a clever fudge but harder to work with for it) the two machines that spring to mind as a prime example are the Amstrad CPC (with a 4MHz Z80a) and Spectrum (using a 3.5MHz Z80a) where the latter can be significantly quicker in practise because it only has to juggle half the memory each refresh.

Thanks for explaining TMR. To be honest i have learned plenty of new stuff that i didn't knew before.

Thanks for explaining TMR. To be honest i have learned plenty of new stuff that i didn't knew before.

Right, so we can assume that you're now going to apologise for calling us all wrong when in fact you were wrong because you didn''t understand.

Right, so we can assume that you're now going to apologise for calling us all wrong when in fact you were wrong because you didn''t understand.

Off course, but only when i was wrong. I'm not the person to argue about things that you knows better, but i do have some knowledge about old computers in general, except programming. And much of my arguments was quite subjective, i admit. For exemple, i still think that A8's colours beat most things, but that's a subjective argument.

At the same time some of you can give me an apologise for just jumping in with a quite mean comment. Like RemoWilliams and Northpole for exemple.

Sure, you will get your apologise, will i get one too?

Edited by DimensionX

A big apologise to all people who felt offended by my postings. Even those who called med troll and a freak without even recived a comment from me. Those who just jumped in to cowardly post a provoking comment to someone they not even had recived a reply from. If that happends again, i certanly don't want to be you.

@GroovyBee

You expect me to be the only one here to give an apologize. That's not fair.

Because most of you have been posting quite many comments in only one purpose, to annoy.

And you're well aware of that...

Edited by DimensionX

Wow, an apology laced with a threat, over a comment that was entirely appropriate.

You know, Remo said nothing wrong. The only point was that your own admission of Synthesia, makes your argument on color entirely subjective. Nothing was said on whether or not that was a bad condition, or a good one, just that it is de-facto proof that the color argument was entirely subjective, nothing more. The humor in that was you, at the time, pushing to demonstrate that it wasn't. Nothing to apologize for there either.

Perhaps you missed the simple realization that the color argument is subjective for everybody? You just provided hard proof in your own commentary, and that's nothing anyone has to apologize for.

So, now we are back to tough guy again? I thought that matter was discussed and settled... A quick look at the comment archive will reveal you have threats on record that nobody else does. IMHO, bad call.

I can feel the love from here man. Really.

Edited by potatohead

Wow, an apology laced with a threat, over a comment that was entirely appropriate.

You know, Remo said nothing wrong. The only point was that your own admission of Synthesia, makes your argument on color entirely subjective. Nothing was said on whether or not that was a bad condition, or a good one, just that it is de-facto proof that the color argument was entirely subjective, nothing more. The humor in that was you, at the time, pushing to demonstrate that it wasn't. Nothing to apologize for there either.

Perhaps you missed the simple realization that the color argument is subjective for everybody? You just provided hard proof in your own commentary, and that's nothing anyone has to apologize for.

So, now we are back to tough guy again? I thought that matter was discussed and settled... A quick look at the comment archive will reveal you have threats on record that nobody else does. IMHO, bad call.

That was a downright mean comment, and you know that so stop defending Remo. His other comment was not better then the first. Learn to read between the lines.

No, i'm not the only one who should give an apologize here.

And when you realize that, you will get a honest apologize.

There's quite many postings in this thread just to annoy from just about all of you.

And there's no mr tough guy.

Just a guy who don't want to be attacked by people who just jumps in to annoy.

Edited by DimensionX

If the truth stings, well?? Can't help you with that, other than to say it doesn't have to go this way. I find the threats objectionable, and that's how it is.

Tell you what. I think the rope has been dealt out here. You do what you will with it.

Cheers!

That was a downright mean comment, and you know that so stop defending Remo. His other comment was not better then the first. Learn to read between the lines.

No, i'm not the only one who should give an apologize here.

And when you realize that, you will get a honest apologize.

I must say you programmers are quite the forgiving bunch... I'd have hit the report button on our resident troll's posts so hard that I probably would have broken it, and had to have apologized to Al. :D

Then again maybe even top coders enjoy observing some mindless entertainment to relax. :P

• Like 1

I must say you programmers are quite the forgiving bunch... I'd have hit the report button on our resident troll's posts so hard that I probably would have broken it, and had to have apologized to Al. :D

Then again maybe even top coders enjoy observing some mindless entertainment to relax. :P

Like when you enter this thread?

Nah, that's not what i call entertainment. More like a sleeping pill. :)

Do you like burgers?

Edited by DimensionX

A big apologise to all people who felt offended by my postings. Even those who called med troll and a freak without even recived a comment from me. Those who just jumped in to cowardly post a provoking comment to someone they not even had recived a reply from. If that happends again, i certanly don't want to be you.

Troll was quite appropriate. - "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." This is you - there's no ifs, ands or buts about it.

As far as freak - the only person who's called somebody else a freak was you - "you [PeteD] are a C64 freak who defends the machine to all costs." A couple of others have called themselves "retro freak" and "turrican freak", but that's it.

Because most of you have been posting quite many comments in only one purpose, to annoy.

No, they've been to correct your lack of knowledge, and yet you continue to blow it off and act like a troll.

Edited by SpiceWare

DX!

Help, why doesn't this work?

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!";

20 GOTO 1

Aaron

Want to have it that way?

Just bring it on. :)

I will really enjoy this.

More threats? You've already replied to his post once, now again with "Want to have it that way?" "Just bring it on." What exactly are you planning?

I also notice you haven't fixed his bug ;)

Troll was quite appropriate. - "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." This is you - there's no ifs, ands or buts about it.

As far as freak - the only person who's called somebody else a freak was you, you [PeteD] are a C64 freak who defends the machine to all costs. A couple of others have called themselves "retro freak" and "turrican freak", but that's it.

No, they've been to correct your lack of knowledge, and yet you continue to blow it off and act like a troll.

How about using you eyes and read the postings? :)

The latest posting just to annoy was this one.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/142211-commodore-64-vs-atari-800-xl/page__view__findpost__p__2009552

DX!

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!";

20 GOTO 1

Aaron

More threats? You've already replied to his post once, now again with "Want to have it that way?" "Just bring it on." What exactly are you planning?

To give back? To defend myself?

If someone brings personal attacks, can i defend myself then and give back?

And yes, i will.

Edited by DimensionX

DX!

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!";

20 GOTO 1

Aaron

There are ways to defend yourself if you think someone is getting personal, there's a button to report the post to the mods and if they find it to be offensive in ANY way to anyone or a blatant attack on you that poster will be thread banned. You do NOT promise retaliation.

When all you've got to attack a bunch of hardcore low level assembly language game programmers is a page or two from Wikipedia and some rainbows its funny. Damn funny!

DX!

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!";

20 GOTO 1

Aaron

There are ways to defend yourself if you think someone is getting personal, there's a button to report the post to the mods and if they find it to be offensive in ANY way to anyone or a blatant attack on you that poster will be thread banned. You do NOT promise retaliation.

Okey, so i will report all postings that are made just to annoy?

Oooh, it's going be many. I will start with northpoles posting.

Thanks for telling me how to do.

Edited by DimensionX

How about you stick to the subject at hand. If you start reporting posts, they will be the LAST posts you report. I don't want to see any more of this stupidity, get back on topic NOW.

..Al

• Like 1

DX!

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!";

20 GOTO 1

Aaron

Please do, but think on this, if the mods get endless petty reports from you, they aren't stupid and you'll be the one to go. Al for one has read (if he's caught up) this entire thread so knows the score.

How about you stick to the subject at hand. If you start reporting posts, they will be the LAST posts you report. I don't want to see any more of this stupidity, get back on topic NOW.

..Al

It will be more simple that way, i admit. Do you think that i can get rid of lots of postings made just to provoke and annoy?

Can you people in this thread simply start to behave acceptable too?

And i certanly will start to behave well too.

Okey?

Edited by DimensionX

Can you people in this thread simply start to behave acceptable too?

And i certanly will start to behave well too.

i don't think anyone else has been unreasonable apart from you, except perhaps where they've been provoked... and i don't want to second guess Albert, but it wasn't us being told to stick to the subject at hand either!

DX!

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!";

20 GOTO 1

Aaron

You really are very stupid. Are you dizzy on Lemonade or something?

correct my code PLEASE!

show me you are not.

Aaron

I'm unsure how on-topic "I like pretty colours" or "I don't think one machine is better", "I do think A8 is better", "I don't think one is better".... ad nauseum, can be for much longer.

Either come up with some relevant facts to begin a discussion or when what you're saying is subjective don't get mad when we don't agree. When someone posts an explanation of why what you believe isn't so, or not as clear cut as you think it is, don't presume they're fanboys or liars. It's much easier to ask if you don't understand than to presume some ulterior motive for what we say.

I think you'll find there won't be any "attacks" if people aren't somehow antagonised in the first place.

Edited by PeteD