IGNORED

Boxed 2600 Guardian complete on the bay starting at .99 let the bids begin

swlovinist

No reserve. Boxed 2600 Guardian compete. Let the bidding begin!

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/swlovinist_W...Q_sopZ12?_rdc=1

Dang, wish you would have listed it this same way on the Chuckwagon your first go around :) I think it would have closed for the same amount it will close for on Ebay and wouldn't have cost you anything. Let's see what happens :) Have faith in the Chuckwagon it does work for items like this.

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi?show_item=99302

I don't think it would have faired any better on Ebay with a $250 starting bid just to be fair. But I could be wrong.

Edited by Parrothead

Dang, wish you would have listed it this same way on the Chuckwagon your first go around :) I think it would have closed for the same amount it will close for on Ebay and wouldn't have cost you anything. Let's see what happens :) Have faith in the Chuckwagon it does work for items like this.

I don't think it would have sold on Ebay for a $250 Buy Now either just to be fair. But I could be wrong.

That should hit more than $250. CTCW no one saw that for some reason. If I knew I would have picked up another.

I don't think it would have sold on Ebay for a $250 Buy Now either just to be fair. But I could be wrong.

That should hit more than $250. CTCW no one saw that for some reason. If I knew I would have picked up another.

Ya, not saying it won't but starting the auction with a starting price of $250 and then starting it at $.99 will have different affects. One way encourages bidding and the other doesn't. He is listing it correctly on Ebay. We have the cream of the crop of Atari collectors on the Chuckwagon and they all evidently passed on it the way the auction was structured - it did have 89 views and I know many AA'ers saw it. That's all I'm saying :)

Edited by Parrothead

I don't think it would have faired any better on Ebay with a $250 starting bid just to be fair. But I could be wrong.

He didn't publicly complain about it. Being defensive about something that was not brought to light is a bad business tactic.

He didn't publicly complain about it. Being defensive about something that was not brought to light is a bad business tactic.

First of all, certainly nothing against SW and I wasn't meaning to come off defensive, but just wanted to point out an observation. Especially since others have been doing the same thing - that is listing an item in one way on the Chuck and then in a different way on Ebay. And then making me and others aware that their item failed to sell on the Chuck. And word can travel fast when this happens, and more often than not (just like on Ebay many times too) the auction site wasn't at fault for something not selling, but the auction listing itself.

As the site owner it is interesting to me why this happens and I just want to learn why people do what they do. If SW was concerned about his sale on the Chuckwagon he could have started the bidding at $1 and then had a $250 reserve. This method would have encouraged bidding and, If it would have sold then it wouldn't have cost him a dime. This would still have been a better way to list the item, but still would have had his a$$ covered if you know what I mean.

You would be amazed at how often this happens and I just can't hold myself back sometimes to point it out and many times the seller doesn't realize they are doing this and have agreed that they will try compare apples to apples before thinking (or mentioning somewhere) the site failed to sell their item.

And even if I wasn't the owner, maybe just a member, I would have still felt inclined to make this observation. No worries I hope. And ya, know thinking about this, it is hard being the owner of the site and also a part of the same community it caters too. Trying to remain objective and all so I apologize for popping off sometimes when I do :)

Edited by Parrothead

Plenty saw it. IMO. THe box, in the condition it is in, is not worth $250. 3 years ago maybe. I think if he would have offered on here, at $200 shipped. Someone, would have bought it. ;) You never know about epay. IT could go for $300 or fall at $100. :ponder:

Plenty saw it. IMO. THe box, in the condition it is in, is not worth $250.

to you and a few that DID see it maybe, but i'm sure if others saw it (like dreamTR) it would have sold!! if john would give it more time, it would have sold! i guess he likes paying ebay fees! :D J/K John!!

Rick

I would like to pay off some game debt as soon as possible so that I can start saving for our show for some spending money. I think that CCW is a growing site and has alot potential. I have an account there and have and will be using it in the future. There is no doubt in my mind that I probably could have done okay if I would have started it at one dollar. It was a risk that I chose not to do, but in hindsight probably would have done fine. The thing with ebay is that it exposes rare games such as these to many more people still. Exposure is everything when it comes to auctions. I think that little sellers like myself are caught in the middle alot. The current cold hard facts right now is that I have acquired alot of more uncommon rare stuff, and this stuff typically does fetch alot more money on ebay. Heck, I sold a loose turtles cart with inst, and it sold for $75. Nothing against CCW, but ebay just has been making me some good money with the specific stuff that I have had to sell.

With everything I've been spending on Lynx stuff lately, I've had to pull back a bit. I want this game, saw it on CtCw... and even got that itch in my finger. You know that itch... the one that says... "Buy IT Now... you will never see another one again!"

Yet... you always do.

I'm not a big box collector, which is one reason I passed on this as well.

Still looking for it loose I guess

I only got around $250 for a complete one on ebay 1.5 years ago in much better condition than the current box. I think alot has to do with how you list it. Also I thought it was $300 on CTCW at first was it reduced? Maybe I misread the auction, or was it started at $300 then dropped midway thru to $250?

This is a pretty hard box to find. I am going to guess that it sells for more than $250.

$281 with near 4 days left ;)

Like I said, $250 on CTCW is a steal.

I like what is going on with the site, but the fact of the matter is traffic/exposure is not there. That game is going to go high.

I think this "plenty" of people seeing it are just the hardcore people that follow CTCW. Again, $250 was a joke. I don't know where this $200 shipped stuff is coming from, the last boxed one went for a lot and it was 2 years ago. Why a game that never shows up with a box would DROP in price baffles me. All the rares in this economy are still fetching good money.

This is a pretty hard box to find. I am going to guess that it sells for more than $250.

I like what is going on with the site, but the fact of the matter is traffic/exposure is not there. That game is going to go high.

I think this "plenty" of people seeing it are just the hardcore people that follow CTCW. Again, $250 was a joke. I don't know where this $200 shipped stuff is coming from, the last boxed one went for a lot and it was 2 years ago. Why a game that never shows up with a box would DROP in price baffles me. All the rares in this economy are still fetching good money.

I know on the surface that is what it appears, but still think if it was started low with a hidden reserve it would have done well on the Chuckwagon. We have had loads of rare stuff come and go since we started. The thing is with a low starting bid it would have received many bids. Then when people are out bid they are notified and they go back in again (so they aren't out bid by a $1) and so on and so on - it encourages activity and the views increase because bidders are keeping tabs on it. No mystery here.

I have seen loads of auctions on Ebay with high starting bids get no action and then when the item was relisted with a low starting bid it eventually outshined the time it was listed with the higher bid. They are simply two unequal ways of listing. No matter if it was listed on Ebay or the Chuckwagon. I don't think anyone who is familiar with how auctions work would dispute that.

I just don't think it's fair to automatically blame the Chuckwagon when the listing methods were so lopsided. Totally not comparing apples to apples here, as no one knows how it would have turned out if listed the same way on the Chuckwagon. Because of that you simply can't even start to compare these two auctions, whatsoever.

Auction 101: If any of you have rare items and list them on the Chuckwagon (or Ebay for that matter), simply start with a lower bid and CYA with a reserve. It is much better than starting with a high bid. Nothing new here.

Just my $.04 now :)

Edited by Parrothead

(I only got around $250 for a complete one on ebay 1.5 years ago in much better condition than the current box. )

VGA's and another one last year, that went for 250 ish and $45 on the lose one, that just sold, is where I based the Value. It is a very tough box, But one of the less desirable, tough boxes. Like I said ,You never can tell about epay. All it takes is two people that want it. Congrates on the Sale. Even a few days left, That is great. :)

I have seen lots of auctions on Ebay with high starting bids get no action and then when the item was relisted with a low starting bid it eventually outshined the time it was listed with the higher bid.

I agree. I sold a Rally X arcade machine on Ebay with a BIN of $150 and a starting bid of $100 with no takers. I re listed it immediatly after it ended with a starting bid of $1 or something like that and it ended up selling for over $250 IIRC.

I just rechecked, mine sold in Dec 2006 to toymailman of these forums for $275 I thought it was an opening bid of $275 but maybe it was a BIN for $275 I kept the opening prices high on all my auctions, I was thinking $250/$350BIN but maybe toymailman remembers exactly? $275 was still more than I paid for it earlier that same year.

here's a pic of the one I sold.

post-43-1239894940_thumb.jpg

I have seen lots of auctions on Ebay with high starting bids get no action and then when the item was relisted with a low starting bid it eventually outshined the time it was listed with the higher bid.

I agree. I sold a Rally X arcade machine on Ebay with a BIN of $150 and a starting bid of $100 with no takers. I re listed it immediatly after it ended with a starting bid of $1 or something like that and it ended up selling for over $250 IIRC.

My point exactly and this happens all the time. Hey one good thing that came out of this (in addition to the free bumps and nice selling price SWLOV is getting on Ebay) is that I have started an Auction 101 thread in my forum. Check it out, let's discuss:

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/forum/...p=7923#post7923

Edited by Parrothead