IGNORED

Atari 7800 HSC reloaded Round 15 "Choplifter!"

darthkur

1181242069150.jpg

s_Choplifter_3.png

The Bungelings, an international terrorist organization, has abducted 64 of our noble delegates from the World Peace Conference. They have them ensconced in a heavily fortified stronghold and it's your duty to safely bring the hostages home. You'll launch your powerful attack helicopter from a secret base located near the Bungelings base of operations. The Bungelings are not to be trifled with because they are extremely well staffed and armed to the teeth and they're just waiting for the chance to blow you out of the sky.

Emulators are fine as is whatever controller you feel the most comfortable with. Screenshots are great but not mandatory.

Settings: N/A

Contest ends on: 4-27-09 at 1:00am EST.

Final High Scores:

1st: gdement - 63 +11

1st: roadrunner - 63 +11

2nd: atomickneedrop - 61 +10

2nd: darthkur - 61 +10

2nd: famicommander - 61 +10

3rd: aftermac - 60 +9

3rd: LarcenTyler - 60 +9

4th: xZanU - 57 +8

5th: doctorclu - 31 +7

6th: keitaro - 30 +6

7th: chuckwalla - 28 +5

Current Standings:

1st - famicommander (96) (3)

2nd - Darthkur (87)

3rd - keitaro (73) (1)

4th - xZanU (72) (3)

5th - HammR25 (64) (1)

6th - roadrunner (50)

7th - gdement (48)

8th - AtariFever (41)

9th - atomickneedrop (40)

10th - suaiden (38) (1)

11th - Sauron (37) (2)

12th - aftermac (34) (1)

13th - Almost Rice (32)

14th - doctorclu (27)

15th - shadow460 (25)

16th - rockman_x_2002 (18) (1)

17th - chuckwalla (17)

17th - LaserHawk (17)

18th - MrBeefy (14)

19th - Shannon (12)

20th - ratfink (11) (1)

21st - Allan (10)

21st - theKLT (10)

22nd - LarcenTyler (8)

22nd - Lord Thag (8)

22nd - thursday83 (8)

23rd - midnight magicman (7)

24th - Artlover (5)

25th - AdeptRapier (4)

25th - bfutrel (4)

25th - Zoyx (4)

26th - Kurt_Woloch (1)

26th - mightymage (1)

Numbers in RED are accumulated points. Numbers in BLUE are number of rounds won.

Link to the official manual: Choplifter Manual

Edited by darthkur

I saved 59 people

It's tough to save screen shots for this game. I had to time it just right.

With the formula listed in the original post your score will be 54, which is pretty good by the way. See you saved 59 people minus the 5 that were terminated.

Man those tanks can be vexing. I -thought- I was going to have a great game, first building cleared and saved all 16 delegates. Got to second building and cleared the first tank right away. Picked up 3 folks and then lifted off to dodge the jet (and air-mine, first time I have ever seen one at the second building). In all that mess no delegates died. I plopped back down and picked up two more, then another tank showed up. It kept moving left to right and the wind was blowing me all over the place, it killed 3 guys on the ground before I blew it up. Then I am just about to land and another tank shows up and right off killed 2 more guys?! At this point I just stopped and took a break.

I have not ever had that much action at the second building while playing this game, I was half hoping the delegates would lob a grenade at the tanks to give me a little help.

A couple comments about Choplifter!

It would have been nice if the jets made noise so i could get off the ground and not be a sitting duck.

Those air mines are HUGE!

One more thing, why is the ground brown on a emulator instead of green?

I did not like the Jet either when I started, but they seem to come in the middle or beginning of a rescue, so I just lift off a bit and wait. Someone needs to make a hack of this game with some sort of radar : )

Uh, quick comment:

If you complete the game, your final score should be 64 minus however many hostages were lost. Meaning my score should be 60, NOT 56.

I have completed the game every time I played. So if we go along those lines of thinking then we might as well just take the 'Number Rescued' as our best score (Since that is what it is doing, 64-Number Killed).

It really makes no difference if you look at it, if you make that scoring adjustment to everyone, we would all still be in the same position.

Uh, quick comment:

If you complete the game, your final score should be 64 minus however many hostages were lost. Meaning my score should be 60, NOT 56.

Ah. I assumed it was 60 minus the 4 lost. Fixed it.

Uh, quick comment:

I have completed the game every time I played. So if we go along those lines of thinking then we might as well just take the 'Number Rescued' as our best score (Since that is what it is doing, 64-Number Killed).

It really makes no difference if you look at it, if you make that scoring adjustment to everyone, we would all still be in the same position.

True, it applies both ways when the game is completed but the adjustment is necessary concerning games where all three choppers are lost beforehand.

True, it applies both ways when the game is completed but the adjustment is necessary concerning games where all three choppers are lost beforehand.

In that case then you will have to look at everyone who has (NL)Number Lost + (NR)Number Rescued.

If (NL)+(NR) = 64 then Score = (NR) -else- Score = (NR)-(NL), so the best scores should be adjusted for:

RoadRunner = 59

xZanu = 57

As we both completed the game.

famicommander will have to give an update as he did not list saved and lost, just score, I'd assume that he finished it so the score would be higher.

In that case then you will have to look at everyone who has (NL)Number Lost + (NR)Number Rescued.

If (NL)+(NR) = 64 then Score = (NR) -else- Score = (NR)-(NL), so the best scores should be adjusted for:

RoadRunner = 59

xZanu = 57

As we both completed the game.

famicommander will have to give an update as he did not list saved and lost, just score, I'd assume that he finished it so the score would be higher.

Ok. This is getting unnecessarily complicated. Let's just count the number of hostages successfully rescued.

Ok. This is getting unnecessarily complicated. Let's just count the number of hostages successfully rescued.

: ) Simple is best!

Yes, nice and easy is always a good thing.

I just had an amazingly good game. There was probably a lot of luck involved though, especially with the fact that I flew right into two of those purple zeppelins. I really don't think they could have made those any bigger.

post-10357-1239917782_thumb.jpg

I just had an amazingly good game. There was probably a lot of luck involved though, especially with the fact that I flew right into two of those purple zeppelins. I really don't think they could have made those any bigger.

I saved 63 people!! This is the best i have ever did at this game.

I don't know if i'll be able to save all 64. But i'll keep trying.

I Honestly did not think anyone would break 60 on this, hats off to you both. I seem to be having a lot of bad luck with the tanks as of late, but will keep trying none the less. This will be exciting to watch and see if anyone gets the perfect score.