IGNORED

FB2 + tv card issues

So I tried to make some simple gameplay videos from the FB2 via my TV card on my 'puta. Some didn't turn out so well. For example, on Arcade Asteroids, I either got asgteriods + no player visible, or player visible + no asteroids visible, depending on the timing I hit reset.

Is there any way around this? This was via composite. Would it make a difference if I recorded via S-video(a port on my TV card I never bothered using) and an adaptor?

I remember having problems with the Atari paddle games making the car in Night Driver invisible. Hmm..

Does your capture card have the option of capturing either 1 or 2 fields? If so, then set it to 2 fields for these games.

Mitch

I can't remember seeing that setting, but I'll check. It's the lowest end Hauppage card that has lasted me forever.

Also check the frame rate. In my experience, cards will usually combine fields anyway so 25 for PAL, 30 or 29.997 for NTSC.

Reducing the resolution can sometimes help too. If e.g. you select 288 vertical for PAL, it should combine the 2 alternate fields and average them out.

Also check the frame rate. In my experience, cards will usually combine fields anyway so 25 for PAL, 30 or 29.997 for NTSC.

Reducing the resolution can sometimes help too. If e.g. you select 288 vertical for PAL, it should combine the 2 alternate fields and average them out.

I noticed this the other day when watching tv on my laptop i noticed it has a LAGGGG a delay worse than a lcd tv it even makes the audio on the computer delayed so you miss frames on the atari I loaded descaler and it helped a slight bit but not enough It did how ever let my play a pal game cause i could select japan pal for the tuner type witch helped stop flipping good luck I cant remember weather i fixed the issue but since i got a nother tv in my room i unhooked the tv tuner I dont have cable so there is no reason to even use it I only used the tv tuner to change channles fast and never thought of using it for atari I always just used a vcr then would use the computer tv tuner with the VCR on pause or kept rewinding it this way i could snap a pic on computer easyly you could use a computer camera too... I do remember when i had paltalk i switched to the tv tuner and had atari in my private room I never played cause my tv tuner is old and the lag is to mutch GO DLUCK THOUGH... my card had no adjustments for 29.999 I had a hauppauge witch was old.