IGNORED

Amiga Questions

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I got ClassicWB installed (I highly recommend it BTW). Does anyone know how to install new WHDLoad installs from KGWHD into it? I see a Games directory and I can add new games that way, but they don't show up in the WHDLoad menu under games, but rather under some odd loader for KillerGorilla's loads (it's odd and funky looking). I also don't know how to register it because I don't know where ClassicWB has WHDLoad installed. I'd also like to move the games directory to my Games partition, but I'm not sure if I can just copy the directory over.

Anyone have any experience with WHDload and ClassicWB?

Tempest

I also don't know how to register it because I don't know where ClassicWB has WHDLoad installed.

Amiga's organize their files more like a Unix system, so you won't find a "WHDLoad" directory where all it's data is stored... instead, it puts all it's executables in C:, which is included in the default path, so it should always be available when it's needed.

If you have your WHDLoad key file, put it in L:. Make sure you install all the Kickstart images that are listed here. The Amiga Kickstart images are still under copyright, and the Amiga community often frowns upon their piracy, so don't expect these to be part of a default install. You won't have much luck without these images.

Does anyone know how to install new WHDLoad installs from KGWHD into it? I see a Games directory and I can add new games that way, but they don't show up in the WHDLoad menu under games, but rather under some odd loader for KillerGorilla's loads (it's odd and funky looking). I'd also like to move the games directory to my Games partition, but I'm not sure if I can just copy the directory over.

Well, I haven't used any of his more recent stuff, but his older releases were simply an LHA file that you unpacked into the directory of your choosing (usually, the LHA file had it's own subdirectory built in... so I would just un-LHA them into my Games/WHDLoad directory). The main program was already associated with WHDLoad as it's default tool type (you can change the tool type by clicking the icon, and choosing Icon->Information from the menu bar). Then just clicking on the icon started the game. It didn't matter where I put the files, since WHDLoad itself was in C:.

--Zero