IGNORED

NY-NJ The Wiz Going out of business sale

joeybastard

For everybody in the NY, NJ area, some of the Wiz stores are closing and have some pretty good sales. I picked up Virtua Fighter 3tb for DC for $9.99 and I saw X Box, PS2 and GC titles brand spankin' new for between $24.99 to $36.99. I've seen some of these newer titles for these systems at $59.99 so this is a pretty good deal for new stuff. They were even selling X,PS2,GC kiosks with the system in them although the guy I asked didn't know the price.

Happy Hunting!

-Joey Bastard

yep, true they cut some prices, but here near me, the xbox games are still too high between 45-55$, and they seem to have loads of Sega Bass Fishing games :? why even buy that many to begin with :D I missed out on the digital camera sale :sad: oh well... :)

Funny, this isn't the first time I've heard of Nobody Beats The Wiz closing stores. When I was living in Framingham, Taxachusetts they opened up a rather nice store on Route 9. However, it must have only been open a year or three before they closed it down. I remember this store fondly, as it's where I bought my Atari Jaguar.

..Al

Well somebody definetely beat them this time - the creditors. I should qualify my original post. Not all of the Wiz stores are closing. These good sales seem to be only in the ones that say Going Out of Business. Specifically the one I saw the sales in was in NYC on 31st and 6th. I know they are closing a lot of the other stores too so I assume the same type of sales.

-Joey Bastard

yeah, i have a friend that works at the wiz ( i mean worked at the wiz ;) ) and he said they are only keeping certain stores, like in manhattan, long island a couple others. Bascially i think its Best Buy and Circuit city that helped but some of these wiz's down for the count.

Funny, this isn't the first time I've heard of Nobody Beats The Wiz closing stores.  When I was living in Framingham, Taxachusetts they opened up a rather nice store on Route 9.  However, it must have only been open a year or three before they closed it down. I remember this store fondly, as it's where I bought my Atari Jaguar.  

..Al

They opened up a number of stores in New England. Besides the one in Framingham, they also opened one in Saugus, MA, and I believe they also had on in the Cambridgeside Galleria. They didn't last too long here. Maybe a year, but not much longer than that.

The one in Cambridge is a Best Buy now. The one in Saugus is a furniture store.