IGNORED

Good Xbox forums

Atarifever

Is there a good forum (besides this one) somewhere online dedicated to the 360? Pretty much all the ones I have been to have been mainly made up of, what I assume are, illiterate youths with no lives. Is there anywhere for people who want to discuss the 360 but aren't poorly raised, racist children? Thanks.

Edited by Atarifever

Is there a good forum (besides this one) somewhere online dedicated to the 360? Pretty much all the ones I have been to have been mainly made up of, what I assume are, illiterate youths with no lives. Is there anywhere for people who want to discuss the 360 but aren't poorly raised, racist children? Thanks.

I don't think so. LOl J/K

Every now and again I check out the Xbox.com forums, usually just for technical help.

http://forums.xbox.com/

I can't say I've ever just read threads there, but I imagine the MS admins wouldn't allow a lot of BS.

Edited by moycon

I take it you've visited Gamefaqs then? :(

You can try the Xbox forums at either Cheapassgamer or AVS forums. Those are the two I visit besides here.

I don't think so. LOl J/K

Every now and again I check out the Xbox.com forums, usually just for technical help.

http://forums.xbox.com/

I can't say I've ever just read threads there, but I imagine the MS admins wouldn't allow a lot of BS.

I don't think I've ever found any information I was ever looking for on there. Usually, I just find arrogant people tap-dancing around and not actually answering questions, spewing off topic drivel and misinformation.

Maxconsole is almost better, and they suck horribly.

Mostly what annoys me about most of these other sites is now damned stupid people are. Some arrogant smug smartass teenager prick who is smart enough to figure out how to hack his 360, but is too damned stupid to understand that just because they both use a DB25 connector, a null modem is NOT a parallel device. But will argue for pages that he's right because he works at radio shack. :roll: (Murdering the stupid should be legal!)

Really? What information were you looking for?

Just as a start.....

Will using a homebrew HDD rather then an official one ever get you banned.

A translation list for the cryptic file format entires. IE: Where are videos stored, which game save is which, etc..

Will hacking game saves of an OFF-line profile get you banned?

A complete & upto date list of Wave 3 games, so I know what I can and can't get.

If a Wave 3 game is rebuilt with a Wave 2 partition, will it play on a 360 without NXE.

Just as a start.....

A translation list for the cryptic file format entires. IE: Where are videos stored, which game save is which, etc..

A complete & upto date list of Wave 3 games, so I know what I can and can't get.

If a Wave 3 game is rebuilt with a Wave 2 partition, will it play on a 360 without NXE.

Oh yeah, many forums don't cater to piracy, including this one.

Hopefully Atarifever just wanted to discuss the Xbox 360 and not hack it. What are your thoughts of the Xbox discussions and information in regards to the 360 on Live.com, piracy information aside.

Just as a start.....

Hopefully Atarifever just wanted to discuss the Xbox 360 and not hack it. What are your thoughts of the Xbox discussions and information in regards to the 360 on Live.com, piracy information aside.

I have to fall on the other side of this one Moycon. He didn't say a thing about piracy. There is a big difference between getting the most out of your console by removing the limitations imposed on you by the manufacturer and piracy. Modding is simply changing the state of the hardware you purchased to that which it should be: open so that you can use it to its fullest. Some people will take advantage of a mod to pirate but that doesn't make the mod itself piracy. Sure it is illegal according to the DMCA but that part of that law is complete crap.

Not a single thing I mentioned has anything inherently to do with "piracy".

Making my own HDD rather then buying their is not piracy.

Wanting to modify my off-line gamesaves to cheat at a game I'm playing off-line is not piracy.

Wanting to know what games force you to upgrade your dash is not piracy.

Even asking about a rebuilt game is not piracy related in as much as I am talking about one ripped from one's own legimiate copy. Not asking about piracy, now to do it or anything else. Simple yes or no question: Will it allow the game to work without NXE installed.

Edited by Artlover

Sure it is illegal according to the DMCA but that part of that law is complete crap.

Yep that's why I'm pretty sure the official Xbox forums is the last place that would have that information, by Artlovers own belief he might should be murdered even looking there for it. Regardless what it could be used for 90% of the time we know what it is used for and so do they don't you think? Don't get me wrong, I'm not on any crusade to stamp out modding a console, and I have modded consoles myself but I'm pretty sure the the last place I'd even attempt to look for information on how to do it would be the official company forums, and if I did look and couldn't find it, I'd not be shocked about it, I also wouldn't consider an online community crappy if they didn't cater to my modding ways, because like you said, technically it's illegal. Again it sounded like Atarifever was just looking for people to discuss the Xbox 360 with. I just figured that might be a good place to do that.

Not a single thing I mentioned has anything inherently to do with "piracy".

Ok Artlover. ;)

Edited by moycon

but I'm pretty sure the the last place I'd even attempt to look for information on how to do it would be the official company forums

First, who is asking how to do anything? I'm not. Already know that part. That's EASY to find out. What's NOT easy to find out is a definitive answer to the effects and outcome of doing it.

Second, it's not just there. It's ALL of them. Not even xbox-scene and or maxconsole and junk actually directly "answer" those questions either. You gotta read 18 pages of tapdancing BS and make an educated assumption. To that end, I have an educated assumption as to what the answers to all my questions are. But it would still be nice if someone somewhere would just say Yes or No to actually confirm them one way or the other rather then leave them in the realm of guessing.

Regardless what it could be used for 90% of the time we know what it is used for and so do they don't you think?

Would you please care to explain exactly how most of what I asked could be used for anything else?

Homebrew HDD does not require you to hack your console in anyway, it gives you no extra features or abailities (it actually takes some functionality away!). Doesn't facilitate piracy in any way, It simply saves you from having to pay out your ass to buy their highly overpriced unit. - For an upgradable PC in a box, I should be allowed to us my own choice of parts just as I am with my other PC's. There is no other use for it, period.

Hacking gamesaves so I can cheat at gaming also doesn't require you to hack your console in anyway nor does it facilitate piracy. I'm simply cheating at the game I play, which is no one's concern if I'm doing it on an off-line profile. The only other "evil" use is doing it on an on-line profile which would give you an unfair advantage on XBL, but that's why they ban cheaters from XBL. There is no other use for it, period.

Wanting to know what games come with NXE doesn't facilitate piracy. It's simply to save me from wasting time/money getting something I can't return once I open it when I discover I cant/wont use it. It don't help pirates in any way either. They already know and have tools to find out if they don't. Besides, if anything, if they hate NXE as much as I do and also refuse to upgrade, it will STOP THEM from bothering to download those games, which I thought is exactly what companies like MS wanted. There is no other use for it, period.

The only thing I mentioned that could possibly be related is the rebuilt W3 games since you do need a hacked console to rip games or play patched backups. Still, my question in and of itself has nothing to do with the when/where/how/why of it. Wave3 has "nothing" to do with anti-piracy, it's all about the NXE installer, that's it. Yes, I know why the rebuilding first came to light. But it was always pointless and stupid for that purpose since the issue only effected a few certain poorly designed (overdesigned?) firmwares and all one had to do from day one was either downgrade or upgrade. Don't give a flying turd about all that BS, don't help me in the slightest. Only thing I care about is not having NXE installed on my box. If I had NXE on my box, I wouldn't be pondering the question since it would be irrelevent. Anyone pondering it for the original purpose is just a moron.

Homebrew HDD does not require you to hack your console in anyway, it gives you no extra features or abailities

Hacking gamesaves so I can cheat at gaming also doesn't require you to hack your console in anyway nor does it facilitate piracy.

People sometimes use a non-standard HDD to play pirate games. That's just outright piracy and people hack gamesaves to boost their gamerscore not piracy at all, but it's cheating and affects the official Leaderboards so that's a no-no, look I'm not going to explain to you how people can use exploits illegally because I think you know, but yes I do understand that someone wouldn't have to use them illegally. Everyone could all be all sweet and innocent like you. :)

I just don't know why you'd single out or be shocked Live.com didn't have what you are looking for. Here another big shock. If you go to Nintedo's official forums and do a search for Twilight Hack. You won't find any information. :cool: