IGNORED

Thank You for Calling Sega

It's a phony charity where they donate blood. If it was for cars, I'd praise them cause I could get a car. Not gonna talk about them too awful much, but I'm not happy with them. I was a temp there, and it was bad.

Those kinds of real-life books always are great, I'm sure these will be no exception. Another good type of books: Urban myths. Oneida started as a cult, Cornelius Vanderbilt was a warlord in S. America, lots of that stuff.

Actually, my inner strength comes from the fact that I've overcome obstacles most couldn't imagine. I broke my neck some years back, and was paralyzed for over a year. Spent that time in a wheelchair, and another year doing rehab to try and walk again. My body is also broken as hell, and I'm in non-stop 24/7 pain. Yeah, I guess I'm a little bitter, but when I see some rich little fucker in a nice car and frosted hair getting pissy about a dollar transaction, I get MAD. That little asshole has NEVER had to wonder where his next meal is coming from, or struggle to make ends meet, or had a physical disability to overcome. I hate those that are privileged, plain and simple, and most customers think they're privileged because they have money in their pockets. Of course, throughout history, wealth means privilege and status, so...

I live in Oklahoma, or as I call it, the asshole of the world. I hate it here, but my mom lives close, so I can't leave. Shadow knows what I'm talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

The books took their sweet time getting to me, but they're here. The bookstore that I ordered them from had forgotten who they went to, so I think they sat for a day or few.

Zine was part of the King County Library at one point, and the checkout slip that's in it has one checkout date-- Sep 9, 1997. I guess that one wasn't very popular over there in King County.

Temp Slave is great, too, written in columns so you don't think you're reading as much as you are and not becoming disinterested. Very nice layout! I can appreciate it even more for being an easy read.

I read your part, funny as hell. Anyone holding a temp job, get these books. They're not expensive, and they are promising to be very informative.

The Factsheet Five Zine Reader,

Best of Temp Slave

I have seen a picture of the pico flightsuit, so no worries (as well as a description), saw both in the videogames book 'phoenix'

that is also where i heard about the tie up with SNK...i.e SNK would get some exclusive sega games and sega would get some exclsuive SNK games

I remember the 32x, i think i also saw one, shame it didn't work with the sega nomad (from what i remember), problem with the 32x though (and why it failed) it was released too late in the life of the MD/genny for it to be even remotely successful if they'd released it say 1990 if might have stood a chance

Nathan, thanks again for your kind words! I'm especially stoked about the fact that Studds Terkel wrote the intro to The Best of Temp Slave, 'cause that means there's a possibility he may have read my story, and the man is a legend. I believe he died quite recently. If you ever have a chance to read his book, Working, it's a really depressing look at the awfulness that most of us go through in order to get a paycheck.

Carmel, you're right about the 32X. I don't think it could have been used with a Noman, 'cause it had this very confusing, external cable hookup that plugged into the back of the Genesis, and I don't recall whether the Nomad would have had the appropriate port. Back when I worked at Sega, mobile Sega gaming was all about the Game Gear. I'm trying to remember whether there were any games that used the 32X and the Sega CD simultaneously. Hmmm...

When I get through these two (super funny stuff, for real. I love the pen in the copier prank) I'll go check and see if I can get that book Working.

There definitly were CD/32X combo games made, there was Corpse Killer and Night Trap, off the top of my head. I don't have a 32X yet but I have seen the cases for those.

I re,member 'Phoenix' mentioning something about Sega CDX...but i've never seen it in London...was that a US/JApanese only release

According to what phoenix said...CDX was some portable cd made by sega ...i guess sega released this as a smaller version of the mega cd as well as doubling as a cd player that could play music cd's and megadrive/genny cd's

I re,member 'Phoenix' mentioning something about Sega CDX...but i've never seen it in London...was that a US/JApanese only release

According to what phoenix said...CDX was some portable cd made by sega ...i guess sega released this as a smaller version of the mega cd as well as doubling as a cd player that could play music cd's and megadrive/genny cd's

The CDX was the Genesis(mega drive) and the sega cd combined in one small unit, it was released everywhere, in europe it was named the Sega Multi Mega, in the US and Brazil its was CDX not sure if there were any different names anywhere else. And was not compatible with the 32x or the Sega Power Base Converter or Master System converter depending on where you're from.

As for the story I found it quite entertaining, was a fun read for sure.