IGNORED

Getting RB:Beatles... what GH games can I play?

godslabrat

Hi all

I don't have any Rock Band game yet, but I've got the Beatles one on pre-order. I'm under the impression that the instruments will (internally) be the same as the ones in RB2. What Guitar Hero games are going to be compatible with it?

All of them. The drums adjust to 4 pads instead of 5. But, if you're into top scoring and stuff, you *have* to use a world tour set of drums. You lose points due to the lack of the 5th row.

GH:Metallica Expert+ might not work due to detection of a second pedal, and I don't have a 360 set of drums, so I'm not sure if it'll work or not.

Edited by keilbaca

Hi all

I don't have any Rock Band game yet, but I've got the Beatles one on pre-order. I'm under the impression that the instruments will (internally) be the same as the ones in RB2. What Guitar Hero games are going to be compatible with it?

One thing I notice about the two drum sets is Rock Band just has 4 drum pads but Guitar Hero has 3 drum pads and two "cymbals"

I know there is an add-on for Rock Band that adds cymbals, maybe you would need that to use the drums? I'm not really sure. Guitar Hero instruments work with Rock Band (You just don't use the orange cymbal.) Seems like it's a confusing topic.

Actually I just found this site that seems to confirm you can indeed use the RB instruments at least for World Tour:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6194777.html

Not sure about the other GH games.

One thing I notice about the two drum sets is Rock Band just has 4 drum pads but Guitar Hero has 3 drum pads and two "cymbals"

I know there is an add-on for Rock Band that adds cymbals, maybe you would need that to use the drums?

No, the Rock Band drums are detected as a 5-piece set in Guitar Hero: World Tour, even with the extra cymbals.

This might help... It's old though so you never know what might have changed since then. With the way they can add patches these days. Who knows.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/11/official-guitar.html

or

http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

Edited by moycon