IGNORED

The "I got my Skunkboard!" Thread

Hyper_Eye

Dam, not even got to my payment request yet!

Im in the same fish tank as you mimo!...I will wait....Im OK...I not that I'll Die! :ponder:

Nice job on the cart Clu...I was tyhinking the same thing..I hate have'n open boards..I think maybe my battlesphere gold case would look awesome for it tho... :D

Im in the same fish tank as you mimo!...I will wait....Im OK...I not that I'll Die! :ponder:

Nice job on the cart Clu...I was tyhinking the same thing..I hate have'n open boards..I think maybe my battlesphere gold case would look awesome for it tho... :D

Sounds great, send us pictures of that. And you know, when that Battlesphere Gold cart boards gets in your way, before throwing it out, let me know and I'll pay for shipping. I'll give it a good home.

;)

Sounds great, send us pictures of that. And you know, when that Battlesphere Gold cart boards gets in your way, before throwing it out, let me know and I'll pay for shipping. I'll give it a good home.

;)

right on. ;)

That would be pretty sweet looking tho....

So are you folks who received your Skunkboards enjoying them?

I'm a Mac user with a spare XP machine around here somewhere. I will be hooking it up soon. But I thought about Nonner242's idea and said "You know I learned a lot from the Cybermorph cart trial run for the Skunkboard" and applied what I knew with the Battlesphere Gold shell since that game has not received too much use lately. And here's the results of a morning's work...

post-4709-1240771056_thumb.jpgpost-4709-1240771560_thumb.jpg

BTW, there is an official Skunkboard support forum that I have joined and I would love to see more people on. It can be found here...

http://www.harmlesslion.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=12

Edited by doctorclu

I'm a Mac user with a spare XP machine around here somewhere. I will be hooking it up soon. But I thought about Nonner242's idea and said "You know I learned a lot from the Cybermorph cart trial run for the Skunkboard" and applied what I knew with the Battlesphere Gold shell since that game has not received too much use lately. And here's the results of a morning's work...

You tore up a Battlespehere Gold cart to do that? Are you aware of how much more valuable the cart you tore up is than the skunkboard?

You can get cart shells from myatari for a couple bucks: http://www.myatari.com/atarijag.txt

Edited by Hyper_Eye

Well I tried out my skunkboard and it worked fine. I was able to load some things in. It was only transferring at 7KB/sec which was painfully slow. After looking at the faq on the harmlesslion.com forum I saw that using a powered usb hub can solve that issue. I used the powered hub provided with the Rock Band bundle and it made a massive difference. My transfer after that was more than 150KB/sec. I am going to mess with it some more later.

You tore up a Battlespehere Gold cart to do that? Are you aware of how much more valuable the cart you tore up is than the skunkboard?

You can get cart shells from myatari for a couple bucks: http://www.myatari.com/atarijag.txt

Hmmm...

JAGSHE Jaguar Empty Cartridge case/shell 4.00 Pulls

Do they sell clear carts or other colors?

Edited by doctorclu

Hmmm...

JAGSHE Jaguar Empty Cartridge case/shell 4.00 Pulls

Do they sell clear carts or other colors?

I'm pretty sure they only have black shells. But it still isn't worth tearing up a BSG for a skunk with a clear shell.

So are you folks who received your Skunkboards enjoying them?

post-4709-1240771056_thumb.jpgpost-4709-1240771560_thumb.jpg

BTW, there is an official Skunkboard support forum that I have joined and I would love to see more people on. It can be found here...

http://www.harmlesslion.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=12

Did you really take a BSG cart apart? What happened to the label? Man I really think that is the most insane think a collector can do. You don't even see the skunkboard although the cart is clear. I really do think you did a great job with the shell as far as the cutting is concerned and I think about doing something like that aswell when my skunkboard arrives but never ever with my bsg game. Wow...that really is unusual...

Look I know you guys own the BSG carts and can do what you want with them but with the limited number available I think it is a shame anybody would consider tearing up a BSG cart for anything. There are longtime collectors who don't even have a regular Battlesphere cart. I have been building my collection for 14 years, and it is an impressive collection, but it doesn't have a Battlesphere in it let alone BSG. I hope that collectors of rare Jaguar items will be responsible enough to take care of them. On top of all that it doesn't make any financial sense whatsoever. That cart is worth probably 8 or more Skunkboards (referring to monetary value as opposed to the utility of the item.)

Look I know you guys own the BSG carts and can do what you want with them but with the limited number available I think it is a shame anybody would consider tearing up a BSG cart for anything. There are longtime collectors who don't even have a regular Battlesphere cart. I have been building my collection for 14 years, and it is an impressive collection, but it doesn't have a Battlesphere in it let alone BSG. I hope that collectors of rare Jaguar items will be responsible enough to take care of them. On top of all that it doesn't make any financial sense whatsoever. That cart is worth probably 8 or more Skunkboards (referring to monetary value as opposed to the utility of the item.)

BSG have dropped in value since they found over 5000 of them in Al's old building in Cleveland Ohio. I picked up my 4 extra copies at a Goodwill here for $5.00 a peice on half price Thursday special. So dont worry about it, it not that big of a deal. ;)

• Like 1

Look I know you guys own the BSG carts and can do what you want with them but with the limited number available I think it is a shame anybody would consider tearing up a BSG cart for anything. ... I hope that collectors of rare Jaguar items will be responsible enough to take care of them. On top of all that it doesn't make any financial sense whatsoever. ...

LOL!!!

Ok, I've gotten a few good laughs on this, but before this derails this thread completely I'll talk about the BSG shell images.

To put a lot of your minds at ease, I worked on the PHOTOSHOP of what the clear cart would look like all morning. I mean I really worked on the details too. And based on the reactions I've seen I'm getting better at my photoshop faking skills. :D

BSG is a great game and I would not chop it up, and for those curious that pondered about this, this gives you a rough idea on what it might look like. (And really, I would not think you crazy if you DID modify the clear shell. If I modified the shell, I would just move the label and cart board to new (regular) cartridge shell)

When Nonner mentioned the idea of the clear cart I thought "Man that would be an interesting photoshop exercise" And indeed, working on a transparent cart was challenging. I did take the images at the beginning of this thread and adjust them so that they looked like they were being seen through the shell. I worked to reduce the image till the green on the Skunkboard matched the hue of the green in the BSG case. I think it shows through pretty well through the front. And the back would show through about as much as you saw too. (You'd see more actually, but to save time I put the sticker across the back like I do on my REAL cased Skunkboard.)

The Skunkboard label would look the color it did as you see in the back picture... kinda a dindgy white. I got that hue by taking the real label, applying a layer of plastic over it similar to the BSG cart, and taking an image of it and using that as a the sample.

So again, the BSG cart was a simulation, but I led some to believe I really did do it for a laugh. Tempted to keep the joke going longer, but didn't want to derail the thread.

I'll be back with another picture soon to answer Tursi's question about how the clear case would look without the label put over the front.

BSG have dropped in value since they found over 5000 of them in Al's old building in Cleveland Ohio. I picked up my 4 extra copies at a Goodwill here for $5.00 a peice on half price Thursday special. So dont worry about it, it not that big of a deal. ;)

LOL!! Sweet!

Hmmm... call it a lack of a sense of humor but I don't find misleading people into thinking you made something you didn't funny. If you didn't want to derail the thread you would have disclosed the fact that you photoshopped the image in the first place. The thing is you didn't even have to do that. You already had props for the original work you did which was very good. I don't think anyone was trying to look at the image close enough to figure out if it was photoshopped or not. I didn't see any reason to question your honesty. I won't make that mistake again. :roll:

... The thing is you didn't even have to do that.

I put out my hand to have it slapped. Yes yes... I was bad. ;)

Hey getting back on topic, you know I was reading the pdf of the manual and I saw how the Skunkboard has a really low profile. I'm starting to think if I seriously did do another cartridge case, I might attempt something that would be short, stubbier, and matched the profile of the Jaguar's top a bit better. Started thinking you know, for the idea of matching the top profile better, the half cartridge shell might also have some merit.

Edited by doctorclu

Congratulations on your Photoshop skills, then :cool:

And to those who where offended by it : lighten up, it's only a game. And since doctorclu bought it, he's free to do whatever he likes with the cartridge.

Besides, it's not as if he pretended to have broken the cartridge in two pieces, or used the shell to house a Bubsy PCB :P

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 2

... The thing is you didn't even have to do that.

I put out my hand to have it slapped. Yes yes... I was bad. ;)

Hey getting back on topic, you know I was reading the pdf of the manual and I saw how the Skunkboard has a really low profile. I'm starting to think if I seriously did do another cartridge case, I might attempt something that would be short, stubbier, and matched the profile of the Jaguar's top a bit better. Started thinking you know, for the idea of matching the top profile better, the half cartridge shell might also have some merit.

I knew it was PS'd soon as I saw the front label edges & back of the cart..fuzzy cut edges....Still think its funny...come on guys dont like your legs pulled alittle? But I would really like to try a mold or something different with color or a clear cart. And YES I promiss not to photoshop what Ive done...

I'll have to wait till mines in my hands before I start anything tho....But the custom box I can start now..heheh :D