IGNORED

Milton Bradley Dark Tower - $90 Buy Now

Parrothead

Tower isn't working correctly, but the game is clean and complete. Normally around $150-$250 on auction sites. Priced to sell hopefully fast :)

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000112404

And also a Laser Attack board game from MB too:

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000112406

Tower isn't working correctly, but the game is clean and complete. Normally around $150-$250 on auction sites. Priced to sell hopefully fast :)

Hey, Parrothead,

What happened to this one? Says it ended without a bid?

Hey, Parrothead,

What happened to this one? Says it ended without a bid?

He made a side deal, Didn't want to pay fees. :P

Yep. I adjusted a friend's dark tower once as well. He had it sitting in a closet, but was missing a lot of pieces and the board was trashed (coffee cup rings, spilled beer.... etc)

The Tower even came with a vintage cig burn. LOL But after doing that... it worked perfectly.

Betcha he tried my suggestion and got it working!

Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest? If Mike pulled his own listing in order to turn around and resell for a higher price...seems like unethical business conduct to me. His listing infers that he's willing to let it go for less because the tower isn't working correctly and IMO should have let the deal run it's course - regardless of whether it became functional or not. Again, just my opinion...

Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest? If Mike pulled his own listing in order to turn around and resell for a higher price...seems like unethical business conduct to me. His listing infers that he's willing to let it go for less because the tower isn't working correctly and IMO should have let the deal run it's course - regardless of whether it became functional or not. Again, just my opinion...

Oh c'mon man, give the wagon a break. It's not like he's making a ton of money from this site and who knows why he pulled it. Now that it works maybe he wants to keep it.

Oh c'mon man, give the wagon a break. It's not like he's making a ton of money from this site and who knows why he pulled it. Now that it works maybe he wants to keep it.

People gripe about this activity all the time on eBay - should it be any different for Chuckwagon? :ponder:

I hope you're right about keeping it tho'. Really, I'm not trying to bust his chops and don't have a gripe with Mike or the Chuckwagon...

If he fixed it and wants more, I don't see nothing wrong with that. What happend if he had a Working one and was asking $200 for and Broke it, should he still leave it as is, and at the $200 price. :ponder:

If he fixed it and wants more, I don't see nothing wrong with that. What happend if he had a Working one and was asking $200 for and Broke it, should he still leave it as is, and at the $200 price. :ponder:

Oh c'mon, after testing the game and packing it up how would he know if it broke after listing? Usually when I package something up I don't tend to unwrap and play with it...

I would have asked around on the boards first (before listing) to see if there was an easy fix for the Tower. No pulling the listing or wishing I'd listed it for more after the initial post.

I don't think there is anything wrong with relisting or updating an item/auction if it was fixed and is in perfect working order.

If anyone wanted to complain, I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned this:

What stops Mike from looking at other people's bids (being that he owns the site)? What stops him from seeing the high bid and then raising his bid the last second to get a bunch of really good items? Isn't it unethical to bid on items from a site in which you are running?

STOP: Before anyone takes that the wrong way... I'm not accusing anything/anyone. I like Mike, love CtCW... and will plan on unloading some stuff really soon there!

I'm just saying this is a very small thing being mentioned above, when in all reality... there could be a bigger issue that goes ignored.

I personally don't think it is an issue though as Mike is cool people! :)

Plus... I think I outbid him on something in the past. I know he's running a clean site! The only thing NOT clean about his site: The dirty dirty ways he use to hide the treasure hunts back in the day (is that still going on) and the hours I would sit there looking for something but not able to find it. LOL

People gripe about this activity all the time on eBay - should it be any different for Chuckwagon? :ponder:

I hope you're right about keeping it tho'. Really, I'm not trying to bust his chops and don't have a gripe with Mike or the Chuckwagon...

I have never heard a person complain about a BROKEN item being listed, then the seller figures out how to repair it and re lists it for more (which it IS worth more if it is now working) Besides, selling an item that says BROKEN in the description but is no longer broken would be an inaccurate description, technically the same as selling a broken item but claiming it works right? I think anyone who complains about little stuff like this are the same people who gripe about the price of lettuce going up a nickel at the supermarket, they don't really care about it, they are just like to nitpick at stuff to get a reaction.

I have never heard a person complain about a BROKEN item being listed, then the seller figures out how to repair it and re lists it for more (which it IS worth more if it is now working) Besides, selling an item that says BROKEN in the description but is no longer broken would be an inaccurate description, technically the same as selling a broken item but claiming it works right? I think anyone who complains about little stuff like this are the same people who gripe about the price of lettuce going up a nickel at the supermarket, they don't really care about it, they are just like to nitpick at stuff to get a reaction.

I post so infrequently on these boards (although I usually check in daily) that I wouldn't consider myself a nitpicker. I'm not looking to elicit a reaction, it just bothered me that the person running the site pulled one of his personal items with the possibility of reselling it for more money. I have no idea if that is the case and I don't expect Mike to feel the need to reply...like you said it's his item and he can do whatever he pleases with it.

Edited by rsiddall

It's unreasonable to expect him to still sell it for $90 if he got it working. If it had been an auction, maybe, he could have modified the description and let it go on, but to sell a working Dark Tower for $90 would be nuts. I expect he's weighing his options, assuming that's even what happened.

I have fixed a couple this way, and if I didn't already have three myself, I might have just kept my mouth shut, and gambled and bought this one!

I post so infrequently on these boards (although I usually check in daily) that I wouldn't consider myself a nitpicker. I'm not looking to elicit a reaction, it just bothered me that the person running the site pulled one of his personal items with the possibility of reselling it for more money. I have no idea if that is the case and I don't expect Mike to feel the need to reply...like you said it's his item and he can do whatever he pleases with it.

What stops Mike from looking at other people's bids (being that he owns the site)? What stops him from seeing the high bid and then raising his bid the last second to get a bunch of really good items? Isn't it unethical to bid on items from a site in which you are running?

EricDeLee made a valid point, too - not to put him in the middle of all this.

Not really sure I feel comfortable about even having that on there.

I don't mean anything by it. Mike's cool people.

I know that was an initial thought when everything first started... but I haven't thought any about it until now.

I hope he was able to get it (the tower) fixed. :)

If anyone is still wondering, I asked Mike directly, and nudging the tower did not work after all, and he sold it BIN at that other, evil website (*gasp*) since there were no takers on CTCW (or Vendazzle apparently)... And no, he didn't mind if I wanted to fill youse guys in.

I don't think there is anything wrong with relisting or updating an item/auction if it was fixed and is in perfect working order.

If anyone wanted to complain, I'm surprised no one has ever mentioned this:

STOP: Before anyone takes that the wrong way... I'm not accusing anything/anyone. I like Mike, love CtCW... and will plan on unloading some stuff really soon there!

I'm just saying this is a very small thing being mentioned above, when in all reality... there could be a bigger issue that goes ignored.

I personally don't think it is an issue though as Mike is cool people! :)

Plus... I think I outbid him on something in the past. I know he's running a clean site! The only thing NOT clean about his site: The dirty dirty ways he use to hide the treasure hunts back in the day (is that still going on) and the hours I would sit there looking for something but not able to find it. LOL

Hey Guys,

This thread got away from me for a bit, sorry on that. Eric raises a good point and one that I am sure has run through other people's minds as well. I do obviously have information regarding all bids being place, high bids, reserve bid price amounts, etc. This is one of those touchy things about being a collector and user of my site as well as the owner. I think though, after a year of running this, there has obviously not been an occurances of me taking advantage of this information to either further my own collection or worse yet bid up items so I make more money. I think we have an exceptionally smart member base that would catch on to that and bring it to everyones attention. All I can say to all of you is that I consider myself as honest as they come (no offense to all of you other honest gamers :)

And believe it or not, out of the $100,000+ we will have all sold on the site thus far, my income from it has been less than 3% as about half our sellers were fortunate enough to either buy or be gifted early on, one of our free seller accounts. As I told everyone a year ago, this was not initially set up as a greedy, money hungry, do or die business but a legitimate cheaper alternative to ebay for the gaming community. And this is something I will always stand by.

What I am trying to create for everyone is one of the biggest, most inclusive gaming/collector sites around. But all glued together by the auction site. That is why the forums were introduced and now the Chat rooms seem to be taking off. RetroArcadeRadio.com and RetroGamingRoundup.com were also brought on board to give a little more to the members and visitors. And, the buttons on the homepage and other collector/gamer resources that will be added in the future. I want it to complement all the other great forums that are out there by offering something completely different. And right now, I think the Chuckwagon, as a brand, is expanding in lots of interesting directions.

As I've said before, it is really growing fast now. Nearly hitting 200/members per month average, crossing $100,000 in sales (Today), the bidding activity is up the selling activity is way up - nearly doubling our monthly average from $6000 to over $10,000 in monthly sales, etc. etc. And as long as I've turned this into a promotional rant, why not check out our new search bar and give it a test drive. Many have been waiting for an option to Search Title only or search by both title and description and now that improvement has been made. Also today, we've added a "Report Violation" in the auction listing pages so it can be easily reported if someone is selling a quesitonnable item. Also a "Send To Friend" button has been added in the listings pages so you can easily tell your friend about an auction listing that may intereste them. And finally, an Internet Crime Prevention/FBI page has been added to our Resources Tab - mainly to deter any would be scammers but also there for members to use to report a shady seller (I mean real shady) to the FBI.

So little by little many of the suggestions and improvements you all mention to me throughout the year get put into affect. That's all guys, hope I didn't turn you all off by this rant. I hope you all look at it like a good thing as right now I am pretty sure the Chuckwagon will continue to grow and frankly, it's hard for me to imagine buying and selling, collecting and gaming without the Chuckwagon around. But I may be a bit biased on that one :)

Back to work !!

Edited by Parrothead

Hey Guys,

This thread got away from me for a bit, sorry on that. Eric raises a good point and one that I am sure has run through other people's minds as well. I do obviously have information regarding all bids being place, high bids, reserve bid price amounts, etc. This is one of those touchy things about being a collector and user of my site as well as the owner. I think though, after a year of running this, there has obviously not been an occurances of me taking advantage of this information to either further my own collection or worse yet bid up items so I make more money. I think we have an exceptionally smart member base that would catch on to that and bring it to everyones attention. All I can say to all of you is that I consider myself as honest as they come (no offense to all of you other honest gamers :)

And believe it or not, out of the $100,000+ we will have all sold on the site thus far, my income from it has been less than 3% as about half our sellers were fortunate enough to either buy or be gifted early on, one of our free seller accounts. As I told everyone a year ago, this was not initially set up as a greedy, money hungry, do or die business but a legitimate cheaper alternative to ebay for the gaming community. And this is something I will always stand by.

What I am trying to create for everyone is one of the biggest, most inclusive gaming/collector sites around. But all glued together by the auction site. That is why the forums were introduced and now the Chat rooms seem to be taking off. RetroArcadeRadio.com and RetroGamingRoundup.com were also brought on board to give a little more to the members and visitors. And, the buttons on the homepage and other collector/gamer resources that will be added in the future. I want it to complement all the other great forums that are out there by offering something completely different. And right now, I think the Chuckwagon, as a brand, is expanding in lots of interesting directions.

As I've said before, it is really growing fast now. Nearly hitting 200/members per month average, crossing $100,000 in sales (Today), the bidding activity is up the selling activity is way up - nearly doubling our monthly average from $6000 to over $10,000 in monthly sales, etc. etc. And as long as I've turned this into a promotional rant, why not check out our new search bar and give it a test drive. Many have been waiting for an option to Search Title only or search by both title and description and now that improvement has been made. Also today, we've added a "Report Violation" in the auction listing pages so it can be easily reported if someone is selling a quesitonnable item. Also a "Send To Friend" button has been added in the listings pages so you can easily tell your friend about an auction listing that may intereste them. And finally, an Internet Crime Prevention/FBI page has been added to our Resources Tab - mainly to deter any would be scammers but also there for members to use to report a shady seller (I mean real shady) to the FBI.

So little by little many of the suggestions and improvements you all mention to me throughout the year get put into affect. That's all guys, hope I didn't turn you all off by this rant. I hope you all look at it like a good thing as right now I am pretty sure the Chuckwagon will continue to grow and frankly, it's hard for me to imagine buying and selling, collecting and gaming without the Chuckwagon around. But I may be a bit biased on that one :)

Back to work !!

Glad to see you posted it for the original BIN of $90 on eBay. I'm sure you've put a lot of hard work into your site (I've actually used it successfully and I am a registered user believe it or not: rsiddall- no big leap there). Thanks for clarifying...sorry for the kick in the nuts. ;)

Hey Guys,

Back to work !!

Glad to see you posted it for the original BIN of $90 on eBay. I'm sure you've put a lot of hard work into your site (I've actually used it successfully and I am a registered user believe it or not: rsiddall- no big leap there). Thanks for clarifying...sorry for the kick in the nuts. ;)

LOL. I am a bit used to it now :)