IGNORED

Mad Bodies Release!

Gorf

well I suck really hard at this I can't get a score higher than 520 and die almost immediately. Do I dodge the white things or just the meteors?

I think the only think you grab is the guys you rescue. The planets keep bouncing.

Shoot or dodge everthing else.

I see there are already two posts about possible usage of the rotary controller, but no answers yet.

Hence, I am a little anxious about it. I have a ratary, too, and it would be *great* to use it on a new game.

So, Terance, k3v, Steve, Scott, give us this news!!!

I only wished I could tell you yes but it just would not fit.

We packed that friggin ROM till it was screaming. I begged

Scott to find a way and it just was'nt possible. Sorry guys.

I hope Paddle Baddles 3D will make up for that someday

though.

:)

A-HA!

Now that we got a name, I think I'll head right to Facebook for a hate-group about Scott!

Let me see... it will be, "Jaguar rotary controllers owners who would have loved to use their thing but Scott went all oh no keep your controller collecting dust"

Who is in? :D

I'll say this, I have nothing against the mystery of exploration - but a game manual at the minimum should describe the base mechanics of a game...

This was done on purpose.

The first level is easy enough to explore the consequences of the enemies, after that you really shouldn't lose any health until the first boss.

I'll say this, I have nothing against the mystery of exploration - but a game manual at the minimum should describe the base mechanics of a game...

Not many Arcade machines went to too much effort to do this either though.

Your young....you'll get over it... ;)

well I suck really hard at this I can't get a score higher than 520 and die almost immediately. Do I dodge the white things or just the meteors?

I think the only think you grab is the guys you rescue. The planets keep bouncing.

Shoot or dodge everthing else.

Is there any benefit in reflecting the large whitish planets back and forth that are bouncing all around? Do I need to do that while trying to destroy stuff and save guys at the same time?

So all I need to do is catch the guys needing rescue with my horizontal moving paddle and then dodge or destroy everything else - be it the white planets, metors, those blue ships, etc.?

It like playing two games at once -It's true madness- the not mentally there anymore mile-long stare type. :P

Remo is right, the manual very vaguely tells a little bit of what to do.

Still very glad to have new software though!! :D - I just need to put some good time into it I think. ;)

True, but even Breakout would have a player card explaining that the bouncing ball would destroy the bricks...

Is there any benefit in reflecting the large whitish planets back and forth that are bouncing all around?

Apparently the key side effect of not letting the planets off the bottom of the playfield is not dying. Again a simple 'you should bounce the planets off your paddle, even though they don't have any other effect on the playfield' sort of thing in the manual would have been nice.

So far I'm finding the game to be pretty entertaining. However all too often the planet bouncing seems to just serve as an unnecessary distraction. The first boss fight is manic and fun, until the cheapo instadeath feature is unleashed on you. :| Still at least you don't have to contend with the bouncing planets for no reason mechanic there. :P

• Like 1

True, but even Breakout would have a player card explaining that the bouncing ball would destroy the bricks...

Is there any benefit in reflecting the large whitish planets back and forth that are bouncing all around?

Apparently the key side effect of not letting the planets off the bottom of the playfield is not dying. Again a simple 'you should bounce the planets off your paddle, even though they don't have any other effect on the playfield' sort of thing in the manual would have been nice.

So far I'm finding the game to be pretty entertaining. However all too often the planet bouncing seems to just serve as an unnecessary distraction. The first boss fight is manic and fun, until the cheapo instadeath feature is unleashed on you. :| Still at least you don't have to contend with the bouncing planets for no reason mechanic there. :P

You are not paying attention!

Listen up!

If you let a planet go passed the paddle, your paddle life will deteriorate.

After 4 or 5 passes, you loose your life.

So don't let the planets pass.

Apparently the key side effect of not letting the planets off the bottom of the playfield is not dying.

Ok then, however as you have said previously you can just friggin destroy these crazy bouncing white planets -so is targeting & destroying these white planets just as effective as trying to keep them-a-bouncin' around? Are there any plusses to reflecting them over destroying them or are both techniques the same in trying to stay alive and less importantly in points given?

Edited by ovalbugmann

You are not paying attention!

Listen up!

Yes, I got that...

Apparently the key side effect of not letting the planets off the bottom of the playfield is not dying.

Ok then, however as you have said previously you can just friggin destroy these crazy bouncing white planets -so is targeting & destroying these white planets just as effective as trying to keep them-a-bouncin' around? Is there any plusses to reflecting them over destroying them or are both techniques the same in trying to stay alive and less importantly in points given?

Who the hell knows. Isn't that fun? :P

Ok then, however as you have said previously you can just friggin destroy these crazy bouncing white planets -so is targeting & destroying these white planets just as effective as trying to keep them-a-bouncin' around? Are there any plusses to reflecting them over destroying them or are both techniques the same in trying to stay alive and less importantly in points given?

That depends on what your objective is.

Do you want points, or do you want to progress further into the game?

Watch the video game demo; it's a show and tell! :D

Edited by The Graphics Man