IGNORED

Dreamcast coming back at $99

I personally hated the DC controller, felt lacking compared to the competition of the time. However, there are good reasons to get one, while a lot of games that were cool on DC are available on other systems (like Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi) there are tones of great original titles just on the DC. And, if your into emu, then the DC is a great platform for that, and as an addedd bonus, you don't even have to mod the system to do it (Sure, the X-box may be king, once you mod it, but the DC doesn't require that)

Personally though, as I bought two of mine new for $30, and one used for free, I think $100 is entirely to much to pay for one. Nice to havve I guess if you didn't get one the first time around, but $50 sounds more realistic to me IMO

"The Dreamcast is a powerful console and definitely more powerful than the PS2"

Where does this idea come from? Browsing each console's specs on the internet, it looks like the PS2 has a faster processor, pushes more polygons, etc than the DC.

"The Dreamcast is a powerful console and definitely more powerful than the PS2"

Where does this idea come from? Browsing each console's specs on the internet, it looks like the PS2 has a faster processor, pushes more polygons, etc than the DC.

I would say it had a more efficient chipset, and has more built in graphical effects, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's "more powerful".

The dreamcast had a major flaw. It was the easiest system ever to copy games for I think.

I mean, I pre-ordered a Dreamcast, so did my friend. He picked his up and within a week had 75 games off the net.

I never picked up my system, because, well in the end I couldn't bring myself to pay for it. Sega sucks!

The dreamcast had a major flaw. It was the easiest system ever to copy games for I think.

I mean, I pre-ordered a Dreamcast, so did my friend. He picked his up and within a week had 75 games off the net.

I never picked up my system, because, well in the end I couldn't bring myself to pay for it. Sega sucks!

You could have had a game system and seventy-five games all for just the price of the system? I would have been all over that.

Check with stoneagegamer, he may have another hiding out.

I will probably order more on my next wholesale order from my supplier. However that may not be for a few weeks. I will be selling them for $84.99. Not really worth it to special order these since I'm not making much off them.

Or I could buy a new PS2 for $99, or I could buy a used X Box or Gamecube from Gamestop with a 1 year warrenty for much less.

Not to poop on anyone's parade but this really isn't a good deal.

I could buy a used N64 for a lot less than I could buy a brand new one. However, I have personally sold brand new N64s for a lot more than $99. I will agree that its not that great of a deal since there is still a lot of new DC stock out there, however comparing a brand new system to used systems doesn't make sense. Of course used systems are dramatically cheaper. Also I'm pretty sure a PS2, XBox, or Gamecube do not play Dreamcast games so I'm not sure why you are comparing them to a Dreamcast.

I think what he was going for was the fact that a huge majority of DC exclusives made their way to the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube. Seaman, Sega GT, Sonic Adventure, Jest Set Radio Future, Space Channel 5, Ikaruga, Rez, Project Gotham Racing, Samba De Amigo, the 2K games, Daytona USA, Ferrari F355 Challenge.......I could go on

What planet are you living on? Daytona USA has been out on the Saturn (bow damnit), Dreamcast, and PC.... that's it. Also, many games you listed that were made on other systems were sequels or related games... NOT the original title.

• 3 weeks later...

But come on that has to be good news. The Dreamcast coming back i'm sure some or all of us have had some late nights playing on them. I own five 2 japan one since 98 one boxed brand new never been used, one uk Dreamcast, one uk mod Dreamcast and a Treamcast, and about 1000 games (Jap,Usa and uk).