IGNORED

ST science.

A bit of google scholaring reveals a few stuff that are done with the use of an ST. I am curious to know if any of you done anything with an ST that's related to science. What was it? What software did you use etc?

As for me, I've done a few things but nothing more than some WP or data manipulation through a spreadsheet.

Engineering counts as well.

Edited by Christos

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just out of my mind, I remember I used my ST at the university while having Hydraulics exam (I am an engineer).

We had to draw the -hmmm...- 'flow lines' of a liquid current. Thing that took forever to calculate.

So, I took my ST BASIC knowledge and wrote a program that also drove a Graphtec flatbed pen plotter to draw a nice A3 size 'stream profile'.

It was quite an achievement, since everybody thought that plotters could only be driven by AutoCad and its huge drivers, and you had to learn LISP for anything different than drawing lines and circles by point-and-click.

Good times, when manifacturers also gave you the device's instruction set. Ah, well...

now, get off my lawn!

Edited by Paolo

Well, just out of my mind, I remember I used my ST at the university while having Hydraulics exam (I am an engineer).

We had to draw the -hmmm...- 'flow lines' of a liquid current. Thing that took forever to calculate.

So, I took my ST BASIC knowledge and wrote a program that also drove a Graphtec flatbed pen plotter to draw a nice A3 size 'stream profile'.

It was quite an achievement, since everybody thought that plotters could only be driven by AutoCad and its huge drivers, and you had to learn LISP for anything different than drawing lines and circles by point-and-click.

Good times, when manifacturers also gave you the device's instruction set. Ah, well...

now, get off my lawn!

Coolness :)

In ST BASIC of all things :D