IGNORED

does anyone play the darkness?

dark 666

The Darkness is one of the first two games I got when I got my 360 a week befor Halo3 came out. And I have to say, that it is also one of my favorite games so far on the 360, and I got about 40 games.

Ive played all the way through on easy, and played part way on normal, but I'm stuck in the church, with the endless string of bulletts kicking your ass. I don't know if I can make it out of this one or not, on easy, you could hide and heal up, but on normal, the clown car of badguys come after you so :P

Anyhow, it's still a really awesome game. After getting stuck on normal, I went back and played it again on easy so I could try some more of the side stuff, some of that is pretty cool, but mostly not needed.

For escentually a first person shooter, this is actually quiet a long game, and the dark powers are really cool. I'm still wondering when a sequel will come out, but considering I barely made it through this one, I probably wouldn't have a hope in a sequel. Great game though, none the less.

I wrote a guide for this game for GameFAQs which should help those looking for Achievement assistance. What I find odd is that they did not add Trophy support for the PS3 version.

I am currently doing a guide for "The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena" but I don't know when that will be out.

I really liked The Darkness as well. Fun game, good story, and original.

Bad timing with its release made it a sleeper.

Yeah, and it's based of a not so well known comic (IIRC) and unless your a rabid comic collector fan or something, it's really just an unknown game otherwise.

I'd definately say to pick it up, it's cool, and can easily be had for $20 or less at this point.

Oh, I like the adjustable auto target system, you can damn near turn it off, all the way up to being just about able to hit someone if they are on the screen when you pull the trigger :lol: . IMO, that's a great feature (and just about required for some of the achievements, I think you get one for killing all the cops in the tunnel at the begining, but it's nearly impossible even on easy without a lot of retrys.

• 2 weeks later...