IGNORED

Fallout 3 Broken Steel

S1500

So I'm in day 2 of playing this, and like it so far. I'm using my game save that is prior to exploring The Pitt, thus no special weapons + perks from that. I'm wondering if I should just take a detour back to the Pitt & get my guns/xp, etc and then continue on with the Broken Steel storyline. Plenty of XP to be earned in that DLC. Anyone else playing it?

Nobody's playing this? I'm still way deep into it. With the level cap removed, it makes this DLC a bit more fun, as you can move around the main map and level up.

Funny story happened with the water delivery. I was at Megaton and there was a BoS + 2 scavengers with a parked water shipment. Some guys from Megaton demanded the water, but the BoS wanted no part of it(it was destined elsewhere). A gun battle breaks out, and the BoS guys win out. So I follow this water caravan shipment. The shipment runs into some Brotherhood Outcasts, a car blows up in the crossfire, and all that was left was just one Brotherhood Outcast. Everyone else was blown to kingdom come. Sadly, I could not recover that Gatling laser that was discarded.

This DLC seems to have a lot more content than the previous two.

I'll be into it in the next few days. Just bought the 360 version so I can get the DLC.

Too bad, 100 or so hours in on the PS3 version. It would have rocked to be able to play the dlc on it with 30000 bottle caps and a full armory!

Oh well... Shit happens!

I've been meaning to get this but I wanted to see how people rated it first. The last two looked pretty bad so I didn't bother.

Tempest

So far, Broken Steel is better than the last 2.But I like all things Fallout 3.

I started playing again since I downloaded Steel. Haven't really gotten to the new content yet. Still finding locations from the old stuff and trying to build more experience. My cap has been raised to 30.

Played through the new Steel content. I must say it was worth the $10 this time. That is something I didn't feel Anchorage was, worth the $$ that is.

I ran into a problem though. Since I already played through everything in the whole game, and did two of the 3 available DLCs, I dont have anything left that gives significant EX and I'm only at level 27.

I should have started at an earlier save I guess when I still had quests. My only option would be to do that, or to grind the levels (something I'd guess would take hours since even on VERY HARD the most EX a creature will seem to give is 98 points or so) or to buy The Pitt DLC. Thing is, with all this talk of a GotY edition coming in Oct, and given the fact I've already spent about $100 on this game (I have the Collectors edition and a couple DLCs). With 3 more DLCs coming (+$30) I might be better off just waiting for the GotY to get down to $30 used and just get it all on a disk. Man I wish I could snag those level 30 achievements though.

I had the same problem... I'd completed everything prior to Broken Steel, so by the end of it I was only something like level 25/26. Had to jump from place to place killing spawned enemies to work up to level 30. It was still quite entertaining though.

Hey you can

tell Fawkes to activate the purifier

now. :) And I don't remember

being able to talk the Enclave out of the purifier

before.

Yeah I was always wondering why you couldn't do that before!! LOL I was like come on he doesn't mind rads!