IGNORED

I found this at a fleamarket?

Darrin9999

post-21805-1241717998_thumb.jpgpost-21805-1241717948_thumb.jpgpost-2121-1077584701_thumb.jpgpost-21805-1241718038_thumb.jpgpost-21805-1241718084_thumb.jpg

[

attachment=129287:P5070302.JPG]post-21805-1241718197_thumb.jpg I found this at a local fleamarket, it has 7 chips with 4 work and the other three I cant get to work. 1 chip labeled Frogger 32 that works, 3 chips no labels (qbert,I think? kaboom, centipede) that work and then 1 chip labeled pole position does not work and 2 chips unlabeled that dont work. Does anybody know what it is?

post-21805-1241717693_thumb.jpg

post-21805-1241718127_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darrin9999

Cool find :) Those are not protos, but pirated copies some one made long ago, much like when people burn PS1 games these days. Where did you find them by the way? I am in MI too, and I never find anything that cool.

For the games that do not work, try switching the switch to the other postition. Let us know if that works!

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

Cool find :) Those are not protos, but pirated copies some one made long ago, much like when people burn PS1 games these days. Where did you find them by the way? I am in MI too, and I never find anything that cool.

For the games that do not work, try switching the switch to the other postition. Let us know if that works!

I didn`t think they would be proto`s but good to find out about them! I`m Downriver in Riverview, Mi the flea market is about a 1/2 mile from Metro airport on Middlebelt rd just south of Eureka. I`ll try switching the switch around for the others and let you know!

what system are they for?

2600 of course! :)

how is that an "of course" ? not everyone knows what the internals of a 2600 cart is and there is no size indicated, so by the photo, with nothing to compare it to, it looks really large.

and yeah. cover up the UV window. if you get yourself a burner you can make your own games, that thing is pretty cool.

From the ZIF socket picture (with edge connector towards the camera) you can count 12 PCB traces going to the edge connector. The rightmost two are fatter (which is normal for power supply connections). This is a good match for a 2600. From the bottom right image in the OP's starting thread the rightmost track is fatter too (indicating a power supply connection). Thats GND on a 2600 cart. Even after all the visual clues, I'd still have double checked with a continuity meter before I pushed it into a system.

how is that an "of course" ? not everyone knows what the internals of a 2600 cart is and there is no size indicated, so by the photo, with nothing to compare it to, it looks really large.

I know not everybody knows that, thats why I put the smiley! :)

I know not everybody knows that, thats why I put the smiley! :)

Yes the work on the 2600, and I`ll cover up the window and retry them.

Edited by Darrin9999