IGNORED

Temple of the Snow Dragon

Wow, I cannot believe that I found this game mentioned on this site. This is my "game that got away". Of course there are games that I have not finished, but nothing that I cannot finish right now. I need to know, how in the world do you either kill the Snow Dragon, or get the egg out of the cave? I probably spent several months picking away at this game, and never did finish it (keep in mind I was around 10 or 11 at the time).

Can someone let me know how the game finishes? Thanks!

Well, I see you've posted this particular question on a few other sites as well. No luck there, either?

This was for the Adam, right? Gamefaqs doesn't even have the game on their list, and I've personally never heard of it. Maybe some more info about the game proper would help?

Here is the basic overview:

A text/graphics adventure game in which objects, weapons and treasures are hidden in the nineteen rooms. Keyboard keys all you to quickly make choices. Fight sequences are quite different. Messages may be written on the walls to help you solve the adventure. You may save the game and resume where you left off later. Excellent graphics. #237

This was an independent game for the ADAM that I believe was put out by the same crew that put together GoDOS. You basically solved puzzles in each room, and had fights over some of the puzzles in each which allowed you to collect items (keys, etc). The end goal was to steal the Snow Dragon's egg, and get it out of the dungeon.

The view was 2d, but within the 19 rooms you could view 4 walls, the floor, the ceiling, and sometimes a 'secret' viewing angle (ie: in one room I recall being able to look behind a throne).

I basically hit every room (to my knowledge), and was able to sneak into the nest of the Snow Dragon. The problem is once you picked up it's egg you could not put it down (it would break), and if you stood to fight the Snow Dragon the egg would randomly break as well. If you tried to exit with the egg the Snow Dragon would surprise you, and the egg would drop on the floor and break. I could be completely wrong about the exact events, but all I know is the darn egg would break if you sneezed the wrong way.

I think the most frustrating was the fight mechanic. You either had to mash a button on the keyboard, or click one of the controller buttons. My brothers and I eventually figured out that the fast way to fight was to take a spoon, and run it over the two buttons on the keyboard very quickly. With small hands there was no way we had the dexterity to click the controller buttons fast enough to win a fight.

It looks fantastic graphically for an indie game. I have all this stuff in my collection, more or less, I just haven't had time to explore it all. There have been plenty of reviews of Adam PD/indie stuff and a lot of us have them at this point, but there is genuine dearth of screenshots of any of it. Thanks for including them.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a quick run through of my parents storage room (I am here for the weekend only), but could not find the manual. Matter of fact I could not find my stack of ADAM disks. I will be back in August for a couple of weeks so will have another search in case anyone is still looking for the manual. Theoretically I still have the disk too, but it is not stored in anything approaching optimal conditions, and if it is still around and I doubt it would still work.

Edited by crombie

I've pretty much come to a dead end unless I can figure out the clues mentioned below and names of some of the objects. Here's what I've put together.

I’ve made it to 16 rooms so far. That’s all there is without finding hidden rooms. I’ve used all the commands so far except: pull, drink, and drop. The rooms on the map are numbered according to the order I usually enter them. In rooms 14, 15, and 16 you immediately fall to your death.

Temple_of_SnowDragon_Map.doc

One of the clues is:

If your foe is in the air, find a way to fight him there.

-Mondrel is floating in the air. If you try to fight him he turns you to stone. THROW the axe and he laughs and disappears.

Two clues that I haven’t figured out:

When looking for exits you know must be there, try pulling on something besides your hair.

If your strength is getting low and you’re not sure where to go, before this is the end for you, look about for something blue.

On the right hand side of the screen, there is a “power bonus” from 0 to 11.

After the fight sequences, an “Earned Power Bonus” rating is given. It’s always been 0.

Which keys should be pressed in the fights, or can they just be pressed randomly.

There are some weapons/booty that I haven’t been able to pick up because I don’t know there names. See pictures:

I know the scroll, sword and necklace but I'm not sure what the other objects under "contents" are called.

post-13580-1244224433_thumb.jpg post-13580-1244224453_thumb.jpg post-13580-1244224476_thumb.jpg

Humorous message: In the room of counting, type "turn around" to see the message on the wall "Kilroy was here."

post-13580-1244224599_thumb.jpg

Edited by ed1475

post-10760-1244409343_thumb.jpg

IF I did this right, you should be looking at one of the basic instructions pages for Temple of the Snow Dragon. The ADAM News Network has this game for sale on disk with instructions for $15 plus shipping of $5 or just the instruction book for $5 plus shipping of $2. The ADAM News Network holds the copy rights and master copies for Temple of the Snow Dragon as given from Digital Adventures. Although I would like to say that the instruction book shows you how to win the game, it does not. It gives you hints, pics of weapons, etc; but won't tell you how to win.

IF I did this right, you should be looking at one of the basic instructions pages for Temple of the Snow Dragon. The ADAM News Network has this game for sale on disk with instructions for $15 plus shipping of $5 or just the instruction book for $5 plus shipping of $2. The ADAM News Network holds the copy rights and master copies for Temple of the Snow Dragon as given from Digital Adventures. Although I would like to say that the instruction book shows you how to win the game, it does not. It gives you hints, pics of weapons, etc; but won't tell you how to win.

I'm interested in getting the instruction book. I sent you an email at the ADAM News Network.

That works! I need to try again for a clearer image. goto ann.hollowdreams.com and follow the link to ADAM ews Network Online Catalog. There you can see the front cover of the instruction book and find the email address for purchase information. :cool:

I'm interested in getting the instruction book. I sent you an email at the ADAM News Network.

Thanks for posting a page from the manual. It's a little small on the computer screen but I printed it out and was able to read all of it.

OK, didn't get your email about the instruction book. Email me adamcon21 AT sbcglobal.net

OK, didn't get your email about the instruction book. Email me adamcon21 AT sbcglobal.net

I sent another email.

From what I can see of your map it seems you are missing the crossing of the shaft (16). I would pay attention to the shelves in the storeroom because there should be a rope around there, and then around the pit there is something you can use that rope from the store-room on.

In the spoiler I think is a way to get to a room that seems to be missing on your map. The power meter is increased by alternating the clicking on two keys on the keyboard. If I remember correctly I think they were clear/delete or backspace/undo. I know they were isolated enough that if you ran a spoon up/down those keys you could peg the power meter pretty easily, but I believe it should be just as easy to do it by typing fast enough at the right pace. There are some fights that you cannot win unless the power meter is pretty high. Man, I cannot believe that finally after all these years I will finally find out how to finish this game. :D

Thanks for the info about the rope. I found it in the supply room and used it to safely get to the bottom of the shaft (16). I then made it to the last 3 rooms. Now I'm running into the same situation that you did. If I pick up the Golden Sphere(Egg) and try to fight the Dragon, he knocks it from my hands and it splatters on the floor. IF I try to fight before picking up the egg, I am easily defeated. If I get the egg and leave without fighting the dragon, I am able to backtrack to room 1 and then the egg is knocked away again and splatters on the floor.

I noticed that in the corridor (room 7) there is something that is "GETable." Clues to what it is could be in the room description or the graphics. (Hopefully, it's a weapon strong enough to kill the Dragon) see picture.

post-13580-1245606569_thumb.jpg

One of the messages from reading the scroll is:

"When looking for exits you know must be there, try pulling something besides all your hair."

I still haven't found that exit.

I noticed that in the corridor (room 7) there is something that is "GETable." Clues to what it is could be in the room description or the graphics. (Hopefully, it's a weapon strong enough to kill the Dragon) see picture.

post-13580-1245606569_thumb.jpg

One of the messages from reading the scroll is:

"When looking for exits you know must be there, try pulling something besides all your hair."

I still haven't found that exit.

I wonder what would happen if you tried to pull on one of those braces. I cannot remember if I spent much time in that room.