IGNORED

Switch box fires

Poopopyo

My experiance has been, that any laptop computer will do the same thing, and most have thatt stupid multi part power supply to make it worse. It doesn't matter what you hook in first either, as it sparks when the power supply is hooked into the wall regardless, and sometimes when hooked into the computer itself.

Switch for the 5200 is the same way though, sparks either way, or mine does, and while I doubt it will start a fire, unless it's resting place is a tenderbox, it most certainly will burn out.

You sure about that? Hook up ever wire and plug it into the wall last.

I have never ever had a spark when Ive done it this way.

There is no reason to touch the wires after its plugged in if done this way so i cant see how yuou are getting a spark unless your AC is frayed or been repaired maybe? Goodluck with it! ;)

Your remote controllers may be expecting +5 volts from the controller port and with those adapters it isn't getting it.

Mitch

Yea because it worked fine with the 2600 adapter hooked in with extension cables to and from the seeing eye so it defintely works,

just not with the masterplay.

I wonder if there is a way to rig it but being an untechnical bafoon, that will be tough to do even if someone comes up with a way unless, unless its super easy.

Well I havent given up o the idea because one day I wanna be able to play my 5200 with a remote controller and this seems like the only feasible way.

Thanks for the insight Mitch ;)

Edited by Phantom

• 1 month later...
Your remote controllers may be expecting +5 volts from the controller port and with those adapters it isn't getting it.

I'm confused, how is that even possible?

The receiver for the wireless controller is expecting the +5v from the port which the MasterPlay doesn't provide. Yeah the controller's gonna have batteries in it.