IGNORED

Atari 7800 HSC reloaded Round 17 "Jr. Pac-Man"

darthkur

1108940903.jpg

Jrpacman.jpg

The stork has brought a bouncing bundle of joy and he's already hungry. Junior is raring to munch some dots and anything else that might get in his way. He's a chip off the ole' block for certain. Help Jr maneuver through an increasingly difficult array of mazes. Chase down the mobile prizes before they reach the energizer or you will lose it's much needed assistance. Be very aware of your surroundings because your adversaries are quite cunning and they love to corner you with nowhere to go.

Emulators are fine as is whatever controller you feel the most comfortable with. Screenshots are great but not mandatory.

Settings: Bicycle, Normal Speed (default)

Contest ends on: 5-25-09 at 1:00am EST.

For those without a cartridge:

A78: JRPAC_78.A78

BIN: jrpac_78.bin

Previous ROM posted was an older, incomplete one. Please use the ones above. Sorry for the mix up.

Final High Scores:

1st: atomickneedrop - 64,400 +11

2nd: Shannon - 38,250 +10

3rd: keitaro - 35,930 +9

4th:darthkur - 33,470 +8

5th: aftermac - 25,410 +7

6th: roadrunner - 21,780 +6

7th: Kurt_Woloch - 21,450 +5

8th: xZanU - 14,530 +4

Current Standings:

1st - famicommander (116) (3)

2nd - Darthkur (106)

3rd - keitaro (87) (1)

4th - xZanU (82) (3)

5th - roadrunner (72) (2)

6th - gdement (66) (1)

7th - HammR25 (64) (1)

8th - atomickneedrop (56)

9th - aftermac (46) (1)

10th - AtariFever (41)

11th - suaiden (38) (1)

12th - Sauron (37) (2)

13th - doctorclu (34)

14th - Almost Rice (32)

15th - shadow460 (25)

16th - chuckwalla (22)

17th - rockman_x_2002 (18) (1)

17th - LarcenTyler (18)

18th - LaserHawk (17)

19th - MrBeefy (14)

20th - Shannon (12)

21st - ratfink (11) (1)

22nd - Allan (10)

22nd - theKLT (10)

23rd - Lord Thag (8)

23rd - thursday83 (8)

24th - midnight magicman (7)

25th - Kurt_Woloch (6)

26th - Artlover (5)

26th - mightymage (5)

27th - AdeptRapier (4)

27th - bfutrel (4)

27th - Zoyx (4)

Numbers in RED are accumulated points. Numbers in BLUE are number of rounds won.

Link to the official manual: While there is no official manual the game play is quite simple. Clear the maze of dots and don't get caught by your enemies.

Edited by darthkur

The ROM you posted doesn't have the intermissions.

I got to the kitty cat maze.

I'm not sure if i'm playing the game on the right speed and lives.

I started with 5 lives and the speed of Jr was fast. I tryed the other speed and Jr moves real slow.

You're right. That was an older version. My apologies. Both versions, A78 and BIN, of the correct ROM are now available above.

The correct speed is when you're going slightly faster then your adversaries. The "turbo boost" option is when Jr is flying through the maze at such a rate that it's almost to fast to control him. Also with using the correct default settings the game is commenced with 3 lives.

Edited by darthkur

I'm not going to bother to post until I clear the first board, have not done so yet.

EDIT: Looks like I cleared the first board

post-21467-1242251346_thumb.png

This game is very difficult, the ghosts are too fast in my opinion. Tapping back and forth (or up down) quickly to confuse the ghosts works to some extent.

Edited by xZanU

I just want to mention something:

Do NOT use ProSystem 1.3d with this game. Use ProSystem 1.3d2 instead, or use an older version, but not 1.3d.

There's a bug in 1.3d that causes it to crash at the end of a game. For all I know it might also crash at the end of a level, and that would suck.

i tend to clear as many dots as i can before i hit a power pellet. getting all the ghosts makes a big difference. changing directions back and forth can confuse the ghosts and open a way out of a trap. the fruit/bikes and stuff don't really come into play until a couple of levels in, when the fruit's value gets up there.

52,830. BTW -- this is from SATURDAY; just hadn't had a chance to transfer the picture until now. :(

JPMHS_DB.png

I'm sorry Dauber, that's an impressive score but as stated in the original post of every round, pictures are not necessary. You should have posted the score alone on Saturday then updated with a picture, if desired, at a later time. It would not be fair to the others to alter the final scores. I very much hope this does not dissuade you from participating in current and future rounds.

S**t...didn't even have access at the time. :(

It won't dissuade me, believe me, but I'll respectfully not participate in the current round -- simply because I don't own the game. :) (Yeah, I know, I can use an emulator, but...well, I just would rather play it on the real thing. Maybe I'll run down to Sean Kelly's store this weekend. :) )