IGNORED

Ultimate Bruce Lee!

tjlazer

Sadly, the original never came out for our small Atari...

Original released for:

Amstrad CPC

Apple II

Atari 2600

Commodore 64

MSX

ZX Spectrum

Original release date:

Original developer:

DataSoft

Original (the green ....) screenshot:

bruce_lee_3.gif

This Bruce Lee remake looks quite faithful in game play to the original version. I'll have to download it and take a better look. There's a lot of remakes that initially look good but are far from it when you check them out.

A Bruce Lee remake/enhancement might be a nice project for the VBXE.
That would be excellent, maybe it will start a trend in enhancing original titles. I liked the non VBXE enhancements done in the past to originals like Mario Bros, and the Commando intro like when Heaven was patching the games with the new and improved g2f title screens a few years back. I'd like to see more done.

Why no mention of the Atari release of the game, I bought this on a disk from datasoft back when the computer shop in P'burg shut down. I also got a copy of the Tale of beta lyrae, Tomahawk and mercenary.

I just find it odd...

Not sure if anyone else has seen this Datasoft remake, but I think it's awesome!

http://www.classic-retro-games.com/Bruce-L...imate)_430.html

Yeah, Bruce Lee is most often associated with the Commodore 64, as are many games. Either that or the Apple II. The Atari 8-bit is often an afterthought even in cases when it shouldn't be (like Bruce Lee, where it sports the best version), simply because it wasn't as popular overall as those other two platforms in terms of system sales or major software volume.