IGNORED

Plutos & Sirius

AdeptRapier

So, I just bought these on cartridge and WOW, what great 7800 games. I'm really impressed with how well these look and play, they are certainly more than up to NES standards, or even beyond. Makes you wonder why there isn't more out there that "pushes" the 7800 like these do. I would strongly recommend that anyone who wants to really see what their 7800 can do get these two games.

AdeptRapier

:)

Edited by AdeptRapier
  • Like 1

. Makes you wonder why there isn't more out there that "pushes" the 7800 like these do.

Steve Golson of GCC once made a funny comment at the 7800 reunion. When referring to Jack Tramiel and the 7800, he said something to effect of "Jack wanted new games for the system but the problem was that he didn't actually want to pay people any money ..."

. Makes you wonder why there isn't more out there that "pushes" the 7800 like these do.

Steve Golson of GCC once made a funny comment at the 7800 reunion. When referring to Jack Tramiel and the 7800, he said something to effect of "Jack wanted new games for the system but the problem was that he didn't actually want to pay people any money ..."

Yeah, after living through the Commodore 64 and 128 era with Tramiel at the helm, that sounds like standard operating procedure for him. The real truth is that Tramiel was completely responsible personally for the fall of the 7800 and Jaguar. He had screwed over SO many people during his reign at Commodore that NOBODY wanted to do business with him after he went to Atari.

Atari was guilty by association.

Adept Rapier

So, I just bought these on cartridge and WOW, what great 7800 games.

I've only played these under emulation, and I didn't know that actual cartridge copies were available. So, and I realise this is bound to be a daft question - where did you buy them from? And are there PAL versions?

Hi!

I bought them here on Atariage from CPUWIZ. He did a GREAT job and they work great, I highly recommend getting these two games from him. Here is a link to his post about the game...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...l=sirius+plutos

Hope that helps!!!

Atari-on man!!!

AdeptRapier

Actually the ROMs auto-detect NTSC and PAL. This was added when they were patched to work on regular carts.

Mitch

Wicked, I didn't know that, or I am getting so old that I forgot. :ponder:

Thanks. :cool:

Considering that I mentioned it in your own for sale thread when the question came up only a month ago, it really seems that the hot Californian sun isn't keeping your brain as fresh as our cool Hamburg rain did. ;)

Yeah, I bought the last couple of off CPUWIZ. I have to say I agree, these games are outstanding examples of what the 7800 was capable of when properly coded. Both are great, tough, and interesting shooters that are a noticeable step up from the launch titles, and every bit as good as your standard NES shmup. Better, even, as they lack all the flicker and jitterieness of most NES shooters.

'Wicked tech' as CPUWIZ put it. It's a damn shame these were never released.

Actually the ROMs auto-detect NTSC and PAL. This was added when they were patched to work on regular carts.

Mitch

Considering that I mentioned it in your own for sale thread when the question came up only a month ago, it really seems that the hot Californian sun isn't keeping your brain as fresh as our cool Hamburg rain did. ;)

I never saw that post. :dunce:

• 1 year later...

Mitch

I never saw that post. :dunce:

I was just listening to the theme music from thrust+ for the 2600 and must say I was surprised with how well it sounded. I was thinking if you know the guys that programmed this game maybe recommending that music for the game incase they ever come out with a improved version that has music, it seems to fit well with the game. I usually just let the music play on youtube while playing the game on my emulator, Have a nice day.

I was thinking if you know the guys that programmed this game maybe recommending that music for the game incase they ever come out with a improved version that has music, it seems to fit well with the game.

Both these games were produced during the lifetime of the console but never released. Therefore its extremely unlikely the programmers will revisit them. The only realistic possibility for any changes to occur would be the creation of a hack.

So, I just bought these on cartridge and WOW, what great 7800 games. I'm really impressed with how well these look and play, they are certainly more than up to NES standards, or even beyond. Makes you wonder why there isn't more out there that "pushes" the 7800 like these do. I would strongly recommend that anyone who wants to really see what their 7800 can do get these two games.

AdeptRapier

Yeah with good sound these would have been awesome as the lack of sound makes them very incomplete, sound would be nice if added to super stut cycle as the code is avaible....in fact someone should take paypal for sound hacks done to be better motivated and have a price per game to get finished to release the ROM. It seems people have time for 25 or 40 different pac man hacks both for sound and graphics no one looks beyond the basic arcade games even today in programming. Must be take when people think Atari they think Pac Man? Atari to me means Yars Revenge and Battlezone, two best 2600 games that were common carts for game play and graphics. Tapper is the best 2600 game but rare. Sorry to get off topic delete the whole thing if you want..whatever

If CPUWIZ still has some for sale, I would not mind getting Plutos, might be a couple of weeks before I can get the money though, currently in college do not have alot of spare change.Actually let me restate that,yes I do want Plutos just going to be a couple of weeks at the latest, can you do paypal and how would that work.

currently in college do not have alot of spare change.

Trust me, you have more videogame money right now than you will ever see again. You'll have more money in the future, but a harder time spending it on videogames. 90% of my collection comes from before I started working; back when I had no mortgage, student loan repayments, no wife or child, no car, etc. There was only beer, canned food, and videogames.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Trust me, you have more videogame money right now than you will ever see again. You'll have more money in the future, but a harder time spending it on videogames. 90% of my collection comes from before I started working; back when I had no mortgage, student loan repayments, no wife or child, no car, etc. There was only beer, canned food, and videogames.

Speak for yourself.

+1

AMEN! But even though my 'gaming' cash isn't what it used to be, I have so much more than I even imagined having (house, wife, son and all the goodies that I have... plus my gaming goodies!). I manage to rearrange my gaming spending so that I can get what I really want and then wait a while for the other stuff. (Especially with the latest systems)

I know it may sound crazy but... here it goes... drop the beer and fast food and cook some of your own meals and you'll have some extra scratch! :) I remember doing that for a week or two at a time (you can't drop it completely.. I do realize that!) and the extra money I had was almost frightening! I would use it as a rainy day game fund... funny thing was it must have always been raining. lol

I know it may sound crazy but... here it goes... drop the beer and fast food and cook some of your own meals and you'll have some extra scratch! :) I remember doing that for a week or two at a time (you can't drop it completely.. I do realize that!) and the extra money I had was almost frightening! I would use it as a rainy day game fund... funny thing was it must have always been raining. lol

My wife cooks most of our meals, and that is a huge money saver. One decent supper will feed me, my wife, and the baby, and leave leftovers for lunch for everyone the next day, for something like $5-$6 total.

I also agree with your point about having a ton of stuff by rearranging spending. I got three 360 games marked down at Wal-Mart after Christmas for $20 total. If you are willing to wait on a game, you can build a huge collection of great games for very little. I also recently got an Inty 2 and 3 games (including Diner) for a total of $15 counting buying a new adapter by going to a community yard sale. Not having a ton of gaming money doesn't mean never getting anything. But sometimes I imagine what I could get with my current spending and eating habits, but my University disposable income. I'd have a Neo Geo in every room of the house. :)

Edited by Atarifever

• 1 year later...