IGNORED

Yet another eBay star rating thread.

the.golden.ax

As you may know I have a 100% positive feedback rating. I also charge the actual shipping cost with no handling. Today, according to eBay, I am failing as a seller because according to them for the last month I have an average 4.0 stars for shipping COST. Mind you, my score for ship time, description, and communication are all in the 4.7 - 4.9 range. My search standing is lowered, and I have been told I must improove or I will loose my account. Again, I charge the actual shipping cost with no handling. eBay sucks.

AX

P.S. I have not yet, but I'm thinking of sending and eMail like this below to my customers to get input. If a seller sent you this would you think they were just a whiner? I doubt it would help anything.

Hi,

I'm writing this email to all my customers who left me feedback in the past month to try and find out how I can do a better job. eBay says that as a group my buyers have rated me as having poor shipping charges, and as a result have lowered my search rank, and threatened my account unless I improve. Being fully aware as both a buyer/collector and seller that I expect my items quickly, I don't mess around with media mail. Instead I use Priority service, and charge the actual postage cost, no handling. I am not certain how charging the actual postage costs earns me a poor reputation for overcharging on shipping. I'm not sure if the stars are left blank when leaving feedback if it counts as a zero or one star rating to the overall calculation, perhaps this is all due to an eBay quirk. If you have any insight that can help please advise. As always, your business is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

As you may know I have a 100% positive feedback rating. I also charge the actual shipping cost with no handling. Today, according to eBay, I am failing as a seller because according to them for the last month I have an average 4.0 stars for shipping COST. Mind you, my score for ship time, description, and communication are all in the 4.7 - 4.9 range. My search standing is lowered, and I have been told I must improove or I will loose my account. Again, I charge the actual shipping cost with no handling. eBay sucks.

AX

P.S. I have not yet, but I'm thinking of sending and eMail like this below to my customers to get input. If a seller sent you this would you think they were just a whiner? I doubt it would help anything.

Hi,

I'm writing this email to all my customers who left me feedback in the past month to try and find out how I can do a better job. eBay says that as a group my buyers have rated me as having poor shipping charges, and as a result have lowered my search rank, and threatened my account unless I improve. Being fully aware as both a buyer/collector and seller that I expect my items quickly, I don't mess around with media mail. Instead I use Priority service, and charge the actual postage cost, no handling. I am not certain how charging the actual postage costs earns me a poor reputation for overcharging on shipping. I'm not sure if the stars are left blank when leaving feedback if it counts as a zero or one star rating to the overall calculation, perhaps this is all due to an eBay quirk. If you have any insight that can help please advise. As always, your business is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AX

Basically the end game is for Ebay to get you to charge free shipping so they can take more of your money.

Figured the whole thing out. This was all caused by ONE buyer who took their time making single feedbacks on a multi purchase (one counts per week). It was a problem customer by the name of Michael (eBay ID mdpii). It was over the Easter weekend. They paid for their items on Thurday before Easter. I was at my mothers house for Easter, from Good Friday to Monday night at about 3am. Before I left on Thursday, I shipped all the orders in my inbox. When I came back I noticed his was paid on "my ebay" so late Monday/early Tuesday at 3am I took his package in (Automated Postal Counter, because it was late, and I found out about it myself). Tuesday morning he writes me asking about his package, and accused me of not sending it until he "reminded me". I had to proove the date stamp on the package (3.01am) He debated over the fact that Good Friday isn't a federal holiday, that Monday late at night is really Tuesday, went back and forth with huge emails saying how he hates sellers, and no longer sells because people yelled at him (so he took it out on me?) I ended up refunding his shipping (my choice) Because of coarse sending something Paid on a Thursday on a Monday is so... long of a wait... the poor guy. His order was basically held up by 2 extra days, free shipping, and count them 12 appologizes via 6 emails. Three weeks later I get an email demanding good feedback or else. I gave it to him (not like I could give him any other rating). Then he slowly puts in 1 star ranks on his positives, but at least not a negative... What a nut.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

AX

Hi,

Thanks,

AX

Its because of the wording for the new "improved" DSR rating system. When the buyer sees the stars on 4.0 it says "satisfied" which by human nature is the one folks will more than likely select. But 4.3 is what needs to be maintained by the seller in all DSR categories or you can loose your account. It makes absolutely NO sense at all. Your customers can all say they are satisfied with the transaction and you can still loose your account.

What I do is include a form I made with all my shipments asking the to be aware that on e-bays new rating system to rate me 5 stars because anything below 5 stars indicates they were not satisfied with the transaction. On the same form I also indicate the date they paid, the date it shipped, how much shipping they paid and how much shipping costs. It's quick to make a master form and then print and fill out for each purchase

Since I started sending the form my feed back as of today is 100% on a rating of 2011. DSR's in order are 4.8, 4.8,4.6, 4.7 Before I used it I was at 4.3-4.5 on all DSR's. It's just a matter of letting the buyers know the details of the transaction and letting them know anything below a 5.0 DSR hurts you. I think most people who do not sell on e-bay but just buy have no idea how e-bay is trying to hurt small volume sellers by the DSR deception.

Basically the end game is for Ebay to get you to charge free shipping so they can take more of your money.

Meanwhile, some idiot buyers see the Shipping Costs question, and think to themselves "There was no shipping charge, so I have no opinion, so I was neither satisfied or dissatisfied, so I'll enter a three." :x