IGNORED

Best games for gamecube

Neoc56

I'll second Mario Sunshine. Very addictive game, especially if you're one of those nuts like me that has to find everything. Super Monkey Ball is also quite a bit of fun, especially the various multiplayer "party" games. If you've never played the original Resident Evil, the revamped Gamecube version is awesome. I've seen Animal Crossing at a friend's house and it looked pretty cool, but I was frightened by the amount of time one might spend "playing", so I think I'll pass for the time being. :) I've heard good things about Pikmin, but I don't have that one myself.

..Al

Pikmin is actually a pretty great game, albeit a bit on the short side. I'd definitely recommend renting it, if nothing else.

If you're looking for a more adult-type game, I can't say enough good things about Eternal Darkness. I highly recommend picking it up.

Must haves:

Animal Crossing

Super Mario Sunshine

Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2

Star Wars Rogue Leader

Eternal Darkness

Yep,you can't go wrong with any of those.

I found Bomberman Generations cheap,the story mode is ok,but the multiplayer is hella fun!If you find it cheap get it,or talk a friend into getting it! :D :ponder: :)

I 2nd that list. 'Bout the only good ones out there right now... If you're a Res. Evil fan tho', I'd pick up the remake. It's different enough to warrent a purchase. It will get the poop flowing on the scarey parts, incase you're "plugged up", btw - might be a selling point for any constipated friends?

I'd say to definitely get Resident Evil and Mario Sunshine.

I wouldn't have even tried SSX Tricky, but I had a rent one free coupon, and after I rented it I had to buy it. I really love that game.

007 single player is mediocre IMO, but the multiplayer possibly gets more play here than any other game.

And although a lot of people love Rogue Leader and Waverace, I'm really not too crazy about them, nor are my friends. I'd say try them first.

-Paul

Good lord, only one person listed Smash Brothers???

Assuming you want Super Monkey Ball for its Multiplayer (and for me, there's no other reason to have it) go for 2...it's better in about every single way in terms of multiplayer, though "Monkey Target" on the original is a skill challenge in a different way than in the sequel.

If you have any kind of affection for Star Wars, Rogue Squadron is a MUST.

Some other, non-platform favs have been Simpson's Road Rage (only 2 player multiplayer tho), Sega Soccer Slam, NFL Blitz.

What's the best FPS Deathmatch so far? So far the best I've seen is that James Bond game, so long as you crank up the speed. Haven't given Turok a really fair shake yet though, but so far I still prefer Quake III on the DC...

In 45 days one of the best games ever is going to be released- METROID PRIME. Im getting this game at launch(November 18 ). I would also put Super Smash Bros. 2 on the list. I was surprised that not that many people listed this game. Mario is unbelievable, but gets really hard later on in the game. I love playing Mario Sunshine, the game has that excellent Nintendo quality that makes my spine tingle.

I didn't think Mario was all that hard (then again I did use a help book, but only a little)...I'm just not sure if I'm likely to want to come back to it anytime soon. Maybe in a couple of yers I'll come and do it over from scratch like I did with Mario 64, but I don't want to get *every* shine (mostly because of the bookkeeping involved, plus the paltry reward), and so I don't think the replay values all that great...

Still, worth getting and playing through.

Hey, I've never claimed to be anything but a wussy gamer...

A game like Mario, I'm wiling to spend a certain amount of time to see as much of it as I can...and I hate when I don't know if I don't know if it's not working because I'm dumb, or the programmers are...

Super Mario Sunshine

Pikmin

Super Smash Brother Melee

Resident Evil

Luigi's Mansion

Monkey Ball 1 & 2

Animal Crossing

Bombmerman(don't know if this is good)

Bloody Roar Primal Fury

Eternal Darkness(not sure bout this one either)

Star Wars Rouge Leader

Wave Race

Star Fox Dinosoar Planet

007(I like it :) )

I agree whit him. All these games are good for gamcube. I like Super Mario Sunshine. That is my favet game I got rite now. I whouled trust Atari Master on the games part. He has been having his game cubed when it first came out. So, I like these games a lot to.

• 2 weeks later...
a game that isnt getting much praise here is eternal darkness. i think that this isnt just the best game on the system (currently), but one of the best games ever made.  :)  

also, animal crossing and timesplitters2 are also great must haves

Yeah, I gotta look at Time Splitters 2...'course I feel like I was totally burned by Turok, so maybe this time I'll make more of an effort to rent the dang thing before buying.

Eternal Darkness may well be a great game, and I admire its epic scope, but I don't think it has big crossover appeal. If you're at all a fan of the genre, it's probably brilliant brilliant brilliant, but if not, it looks kind of frustrating and a bit repetitive.