IGNORED

Using Rom/Bin with APE/SIO2PC

Zoyx

You can't do that directly.

They're just dumps of cartridges and in many cases haven't been cracked, so have self-destruct code.

Also, banked cartridges like later XE games won't work at all (Fandal has converted a few to work on 130XE).

But, you can run older 8K and 16K (?) ROMs from an Atarimax Flashcart.

Most older cart games and some new ones are available as XEX or ATR, so it's worth your while to look around for such images.

They're just dumps of cartridges and in many cases haven't been cracked, so have self-destruct code.

Also, banked cartridges like later XE games won't work at all (Fandal has converted a few to work on 130XE).

Most older cart games and some new ones are available as XEX or ATR, so it's worth your while to look around for such images.

Self-destruct--- meaning they are checking for read-only condition of the code or some flag that cartridge is inserted? Otherwise, you should be able to upload it to same RAM area as cartridge and run it (for 8K/16K carts).

Perhaps, you can also run A2600 cartridge images by emulating them on Atari 8-bit.

If you just add the 6-byte file header to the ROM file and add the footer for loading INIT and START addresses to 0x2E2 and 0x2E0 respectively, you can load ROM files like Popeye, Topper, Millipede, etc. on real Atari. However, River Raid and Gyruss ROM files that I just tried did not load using this method.

If you just add the 6-byte file header to the ROM file and add the footer for loading INIT and START addresses to 0x2E2 and 0x2E0 respectively, you can load ROM files like Popeye, Topper, Millipede, etc. on real Atari. However, River Raid and Gyruss ROM files that I just tried did not load using this method.

Never did that before, so I will have to look it up. I think I will invest in a flash cart or two. Just did a vid showing off my new Atari 800... http://vimeo.com/4785372 . Thanks for the help...

Never did that before, so I will have to look it up. I think I will invest in a flash cart or two. Just did a vid showing off my new Atari 800... http://vimeo.com/4785372 . Thanks for the help...

I only tried up to 16K roms so far using MPDOS. I haven't played around with bigger ones.