IGNORED

NEED INPUT...Attention 6502 assembly programmers

peteym5

I have found it, but the one I put together includes all the XASM and MADS assembler directives and I added the Atari hardware equates in as keywords3, and macros as keywords2. (Native hardware) I don't use the MADS/XASM macros myself, prefer to just stick with 6502 opcodes. You would have to customize the colors so they can be different from keywords

The XASM assembler syntax files for various editors (PSPad, ConTEXT, Code-Genie, Crimson Editor, SciTE, Notepad 2, EditPlus) are part of XASM download from XASM homepage but just in version xasm 2.6.1 for DOS/Windows, not in the latest 3.0.1.

That looks pretty good. What does it compile to-- Atari EXEs, boot disks, ROMs, or just binaries? I wrote one that compiles directly to a boot disk that you can immediately test with real machine...

While I certainly don't want to start an editor war,

I think that stable door is now open :ponder:

I wonder what people like on vi and its derivatives. I've never seen any less unintuitive and ususable user interface in any other software.

Apart from M$-Word and Powerpoint... :twisted:

Vi(m) like Wordstar have & had a steep learning curve but once you get past that you would be surprised how intuitive it is.

Every command is on the key board, no need for menus or mice. This is a philosophy used by commercial editors today such as Slickedit. Generally if i have to reach for the mouse or menus in a text editor, I'd rather go back to Vi(m) or emacs.

I started using Vi because I had no alternative, old HP-UX systems spread around the world, and only a modem connection (9600) as the terminal... after about a week (of hell) it all made sense.

Hey guys thanx for all the input and decided to abandon the whole ideal of creating a new project because I simply don't have the time. I did decide to go with PSPAD and made my own custom Keyword and Atari Equates highlighter (hardware locations). It does most of the things I was looking to do. The only thing I was looking to do on top of this was have it identify and color code your in program labels to show that if you mistyped them or not.

MADS6502ATARI.zip

Edited by peteym5