IGNORED

LMFAO I wonder what this will go for.

hhwolfman

While I can understand some frustration with this whole episode, I really don't understand the anger being directed at eskobar. :?

What was the guy supposed to to do? The seller had clearly painted himself into a corner with all his shenanigans and ended up making eskobar an offer he couldn't refuse. Who wouldn't take that lot for a grand? The seller could've sent a second chance offer to any or all of the losing bidders, but for whatever reason chose not to. At this point, he probably had doubts that anyone would buy the games from him and from what eskobar says, I guess he needed real quick cash. Hopefully this experience was a valuable lesson to the seller and he stops buying games he can't afford. :roll:

I am not really getting a bad vibe from Eskobar. I don't think he is in on some kind of conspiracy. Could be wrong, but it does not appear that way to me. The original seller was extremely stupid for shilling both his auctions. Definitely a no no. I really can't understand that. He really would of been better if he listed these with a buy it now for $1,500. Also, I think the original seller would of gotten at least a grand for the games. Someone out there is going to put up a grand. It may not be Eskobar, but somebody would buy at that price. Not me of course. Just don't have that kind of money.

This kind of crap is why I try to avoid those stupid auction sites. I have to agree with Chickybaby myself, the integrity of a buyer and/or seller definitely lessens in my eyes when stuff like that is pulled. When I was doing a lot of auctions a couple of years ago I was getting messages from a select group of people all of the time asking to do side deals. I just promptly ignored them. If I'm going to take the time to put stuff up for sale, I'm going to make sure that someone who has a genuine hobbyist interest in my items will have a fair shot instead of some greedy scumbag who wants to just flip my items for a higher price. As much as I've needed money at times, I value my integrity a lot more.

This kind of crap is why I try to avoid those stupid auction sites. I have to agree with Chickybaby myself, the integrity of a buyer and/or seller definitely lessens in my eyes when stuff like that is pulled. When I was doing a lot of auctions a couple of years ago I was getting messages from a select group of people all of the time asking to do side deals. I just promptly ignored them. If I'm going to take the time to put stuff up for sale, I'm going to make sure that someone who has a genuine hobbyist interest in my items will have a fair shot instead of some greedy scumbag who wants to just flip my items for a higher price. As much as I've needed money at times, I value my integrity a lot more.

I just don't understand when you say : "stuff like that is pulled" .....

The guy is not my friend, i didn't suggest anything when he listed the games, i didn't bid on any of his auctions.

He talked to me in a serious way, desperate and needed the money right now. I did wrong paying what he asked ?....

I could have accepted the 1,500 usd or the 1,300 offer, BUT MY WEDDING IS TOMORROW and i BARELY covered the expenses of the event. This was an opportunity to help some guy, make a few bucks to buy more stuff AND help a fellow collector to get a insanely rare game at a good price.

In this forums there has been debates over the low prices that some of my auctions for Atari games have reached, and too many people is grateful that i always have respected the final price, no matter if its very low.

I have sold NTSC Asterix and Quadruns as low as 66 usd and 89 usd both in great condition and i didn't care about it. An auction is like a coin flip, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

If you don't want to bid on the games, fine; but those who are interested, good luck; you know that you will get some very rare items, accurately described and pictured at a good or bargain price.