IGNORED

PHOTO OF MY COLLECTION+ARCADE GAME

Doug

HEY THERE PEOPLE!! Just thought I would share a couple of photos of me and part of my collection. Included also, is one of my coin operated video game machines. It is Phoenix by Centuri. I found this game in an old store that had been out of business for about 15 years. I only paid $100 for it. It worked perfectly. Other than being dirty, it looked great in the back of my pickup truck going down Interstate 40. I brought her home, plugged her in and it was just like being back at the Twi-Lite Skating Rink and Bowling Alley in 1984. This was the biggest Arcade and Family Amusement Center in East Tennessee. I was offered $1500 for her, but I just can't let go of her. In that same store was a Frogger machine and a Zaxxon machine. They both also play great. I got them for $100 each. One would be surprised what you can find if you just talk to people. While driving down the road one day, I saw an old trailer and caught a glimpse of an arcade machine. I stopped, turned around and went to look inside. There sit a Pole Position machine. It looked so sad. I went inside and checked it out. It was wet and damp and had been exposed to the elements. I had no idea if it would work. I found out who owned the trailer and he let me have the game for $25.00, I loaded her up and brought her home. Guess what??? She worked great. She just needs a new monitor, because the colors are not displaying properly, but she plays great and I have her in my personal arcade!! I also found a Nintendo VS. Slalom machine at a flea market in Knoxville, TN. She was in NEAR Perfect condition!! I only gave $200 for her. Anyway, I will quit rambling on about my finds. I have a lot of Atari 2600, 7800 and 5200 cartridges. CHeck out my collection in the photos. Some people thinkI am crazy, but I just cannot let go of the past!! Oh, If only I could go back to 1985 and go down to my local Revco Store and by Atari games for $1.99 each!! Invite my best friend over on Friday night and stay up playing Atari til sunrise!!! Be good guys.........

post-2216-1033358894_thumb.jpg

THE SHELVING CAME FROM A VIDEO STORE. MY BEST FRIEND OWNS A VIDEO STORE AND SHE SOLD IT TO ME. THE SHELVES WERE WHITE AND I SPRAY PAINTED THEM BLACK. NOT SHOWN IN THE PICTURE ARE MY CARTS THAT HAVE NO BOXES. THEY ARE ALL STACKED ON A SHELF OF THEIR OWN. AS FAR AS THE PANELING, IT WAS ALREADY THERE. SO MUCH FOR HAVING A DEN TO WATCH TV IN, IT IS NOW MY ARCADE. THAT IS WHY THE ROOM HAS PANELING, IT WAS MY DEN. LOL!! FRIENDS THAT COME OVER REALLY LAUGH, BECAUSE THIS IS NOW MY ARCADE THAT IS ALSO A GUEST BEDROOM. I HAVE A QUEEN SIZE BED SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOM WITH ALL OF MY ARCADE GAMES SURROUNDING THE BED. THERE ARE ALSO MIRRORS AROUND THE HEADBOARD OF THE BED. SO....... IF I WANT TO MAKE IT LIKE A REAL ARCADE I TURN ON ALL OF MY FLOURESCENT BLACKLIGHTS, TURN OUT THE OVERHEAD LIGHTS AND GET THE 80'S LOOK GOING ON!! MAN, WHANE I HAVE GIRLS OVER FOR FUN, IT KIND OF MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE GETTING COZY WITH PHOENIX, FROGGER AND THE OTHER GAMES!! THEY APPEAR TO BE WATCHING US!!!

Phoenix is a great arcade game, I spent a lot of time playing that when I was younger. I even had one for a period of time, but sadly I no longer have it. The shelves you have the games on are a good idea. I assume those are on vertical rails and you can set the shelves in them at different heights?

..Al

yes, they are adjustable. i am about to get some shelves in a day or so. I have almost 400 Atari carts. i used to have the Atari Instore Display case with mounted controllers that held the games, tv set and atari system. my idiotic brother was cleaning out the basement in took the Display apart and BURNT it. I told him I would never forgive him. I still get mad as

?&%$ whenever I think about it.

• 4 weeks later...