IGNORED

I just had to turn down a Commodore 128 for $30 :(

Is that a good deal on a 128? I have to admit I have ZERO nostalgia for old home computers. Over the past couple of years I did snag a TI99/4a with a bunch of games at a sale for about $25, and a Commodore 128 with a floppy drive and a box of discs for about $3! They sat untouched for over a year until I unloaded the whole thing on Craigslist for $50 to a retired college professor. Now when I see stuff like that I just pass it by unless I KNOW it might be super rare. Unfortunately I just don't know what to look for when it comes to old computers as opposed to game systems.

Well, as a general rule I go by, if it says Commodore, Atari, Tandy, TI or Timex, I get it because nobody else will and it most likely will get trashed unless I find it a home. I feel I am doing a public service by snagging them. We are preserving history!

If you see another and think to pass it by, snag it for me, the Grand Historian :) I'll get it from you definitely before a year passes.

It's simple: "Hey, could you hold onto this for me? I gotta run back home real quick and get some money." Often times, they'll be nice enough to do that for you.

It worked for me once, back in '03: I asked the folks at GameStop to hold a top-loader NES deck for me overnight, because I didn't have $39.99 (or a credit card) on me to buy it. So I went back in the morning with the cash, and got it! That's one of the best deals I ever got!

If you did get the Commodore, let us know.

Edited by DrLove0378