IGNORED

Just got a Lynx for the first time, and need advice. :)

whovian

I have been a big fan of handheld gaming, and I just got my first Lynx. :)

I drooled over these when I was younger, and just found one at a show with 4 games, and only paid $25. I was so tickled. But, I was wondering what the top 5 games I should get are, not counting of course the top one or two hardest to find. ;)

Any advice would be appreciated.

You should probably 'search' for this as the topic has been discussed hundreds of times before...

These are some games that most folks enjoy:

Klax, Shanghai, STUN Runner, RoadBlasters, Ms. Pacman, Blue Lightning, Paperboy, BattleWheels, Awesome Golf, Battlezone 2000, Rampart, Joust, Chip's Challenge, Crystal Mines, Robotron, Zarlor Mercenary, Rampage, Warbirds, APB, etc.

This might also give you some ideas:

http://www.atariage.com/system_reviews.htm...ordsPerPage=100

It might be easier to tell you which games to avoid! For starters, avoid Dirty Larry and Pit Fighter. I've never heard anybody praise Power Factor or Gordo 106 but I haven't played either so I can't vouch for their quality. Check out the Lynx section at AtariTimes. That should give you a good idea. My personal favorites are Warbirds, Xybots, Chip's Challenge, STUN Runner, Crystal Mines II, Klax, Slime World, California Games, Steel Talons, Ninja Gaiden, and Pinball Jam (sorry, my list goes to 11 :)). Enjoy your Lynx!

I really should look more into emulation for that. :)

I wish there were portable emulators for the portable systems, but I've read there are a number of issues. Wonder if it would be do-able for the iPhone/iTouch?

I wish there were portable emulators for the portable systems, but I've read there are a number of issues. Wonder if it would be do-able for the iPhone/iTouch?

not sure if there's any emulators for the DS that would play lynx games. the DS can run emulators for NES/SNES/Genesis, etc.

there's this too, but it seems limited....

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/bd6f/

not sure if there's any emulators for the DS that would play lynx games. the DS can run emulators for NES/SNES/Genesis, etc.

there's this too, but it seems limited....

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/bd6f/

That's gotta be one of the best handheld options I've seen in awhile. :o

Thanks for the heads up. I may be saving up. ;)

How do you play emulators on the DS?