IGNORED

$800 Pepsi repro(?) - I can't believe this!

Maybe the value on this game has finally gone up.

I think you may be right Homer

Buyer with a (2) feedback Bumped it up $400. :ponder: :roll:

I don't think that there is anyway to tell where the 2 feedback buyer is from. My guess is Texas or Mexico. I don't have a problem with eBay hiding ID's but it is difficult at times to tell whether it is a real or shill bidder.

I can make Pepsi Repro's without glue residue, any interest?

:D

I think I'd be interested. What kind of label design did you have in mind? :ponder:

Either way, people assume it was a waste of money on Atari's part, but we don't know how much Coca-Cola actually paid to have the game made either.

Exactly.

Coca Cola didn't pay Atari anything. They were talking about making a coca cola video game at the time and this is all that ever came of it. This was a promotional trinket that was given away at an employee junket in Atlanta. (I have pictures of it.)

Either way, people assume it was a waste of money on Atari's part, but we don't know how much Coca-Cola actually paid to have the game made either.

Exactly.

Coca Cola didn't pay Atari anything. They were talking about making a coca cola video game at the time and this is all that ever came of it. This was a promotional trinket that was given away at an employee junket in Atlanta. (I have pictures of it.)

I'd love to see those pics if you feel like posting them :) Sounds cool!

Glue issue-- I have a real PI and it has the aforementioned glue circle on it. I have opened it and confirmed it is real. I bought it last year via feeBay (thread is on here somewhere). Anyway, it is possible for glue residue to appear on it... just sayin'

seeya,

JustJeff

Wasn't this the same seller that also had the huge lot of mega rare games up? I'm sure both auctions were closed for the same reason.

I think glue residue is possible on a real PI. If I had owned one back in the day, I would have created my own label or something to help identify it, even if it was the only label less game in my collection. But this cart had a very familiar glue residue around the outside edge. I think it's much more likely that this was a repo'ed cart than a true PI with a fake full label that had also just been removed. I've handled many repo/homebrew carts and there is often evidence of glue around the edges with label still present, but there is a difference between the old factory label glue residues and the glue residue from the homebrewer. I think the odds are higher that someone had a real PI and broke the cartridge by stepping on it or something, and then transfered the PCB into another cart and removed it's labels to make it look like the original... But I think those odds are highly unlikely as well. :)

I'm surprised Randy hasn't seen this trend on PIs and started mass producing these babies! They'd sell like hotcakes!

I'm surprised Randy hasn't seen this trend on PIs and started mass producing these babies! They'd sell like hotcakes!

I'm gonna beat the punk MoFo to the punch and sell them for $20 a pop to avoid this from happening. See avatar for details :grin:

I'm gonna beat the punk MoFo to the punch and sell them for $20 a pop to avoid this from happening. See avatar for details :grin:

Maybe you should put your own logo on these carts. Something like a Hozer head in a crocodile mouth would be nice. :cool:

Maybe you should put your own logo on these carts. Something like a Hozer head in a crocodile mouth would be nice. :cool:

Nope, I'm gonna make some with a sticker like my avatar.

that's almost twice as much then one you can get from Randy ($11). unless that's without shipping then it more then twice as much. and you're talking about Randy ripping people off. :P

Rick :evil:

that's almost twice as much then one you can get from Randy ($11). unless that's without shipping then it more then twice as much. and you're talking about Randy ripping people off. :P

I'm just looking to shutdown the ones on ebay fetching big bucks. The dot matrix labeled, poor solder job ones sold behind closed for $11 bucks a pop, well I can only hope that one day those people will see the light and choose another seller AKA anyone but Randy.

Mine was $10 shipped :P

I'm just looking to shutdown the ones on ebay fetching big bucks. The dot matrix labeled, poor solder job ones sold behind closed for $11 bucks a pop, well I can only hope that one day those people will see the light and choose another seller AKA anyone but Randy.

why? ... I mean really WHY does anyone whos father isn't Mr Cokeacola himself give a rats ass about Coke Wins repos?

Isn't there another cause somewhere out there that might provide a larger sense of purpose? Save the Whales,MADD, protest an abortion clinic, protest the pro-life headquarters etc.....

Is it jealousy ? Really what is it that bothers people so much about something like this?

Really what is it that bothers people so much about something like this?

Deception.

Do you really think the people buying repos for more than $20 are seasoned collectors who really think they are buying rare valuable games?

I always thought they were bought by people who just wanted to play the game and didn't care what they paid.

Now if it is made to look legit then yes it is a problem but if it comes with a label when the real one doesn't even have a label then I see no harm.

Isn't there another cause somewhere out there that might provide a larger sense of purpose? protest an abortion clinic, protest the pro-life headquarters etc.....

i'm waiting for abortion doctor to come out on cart. :ponder:

Rick

2 player game where player 1 performs as many abortions as quickly possible while player 2 has to avoid police and bomb the clinic.

Isn't there another cause somewhere out there that might provide a larger sense of purpose? protest an abortion clinic, protest the pro-life headquarters etc.....

Rick

2 player game where player 1 performs as many abortions as quickly possible while player 2 has to avoid police and bomb the clinic.

Ahhh. I want the Planed Parenthood Collectors Box. Shwan Sr. You gonna do the run? :D

Edited by hhwolfman

Rick

SWEET!! i'll pay more then $20 for that one. :twisted:

Rick

Deception.

Do you really think the people buying repos for more than $20 are seasoned collectors who really think they are buying rare valuable games?

I always thought they were bought by people who just wanted to play the game and didn't care what they paid.

Now if it is made to look legit then yes it is a problem but if it comes with a label when the real one doesn't even have a label then I see no harm.

Newbie collectors don't know what a real one looks like, it's obvious, otherwise the recent Pepsi repro would not have sold for close to $100. :roll:

Deception.

Newbie collectors don't know what a real one looks like, it's obvious, otherwise the recent Pepsi repro would not have sold for close to $100. :roll:

Or they just don't care it is a repo.