IGNORED

What hardware do I need? Transfer from 800 to PC...

ET1967

Hi, gang - I want to try and transfer some old Atari800 files to PC emulation, if possible. I have my Atari 800, a 1050 drive, and I think I may even have the 850 parallel interface - that thing that you needed for the printer, which I don't think I ever hooked up.

What kind of cabling is needed to get data from the 1050 disks to a pc? I remember finding a place that had some kind of adapter, but that was a few years ago, and I've already forgotten the details.

I have an Atari 800 emulator on my pc somewhere, so that part's ready to go - oh, and any suggestions on how to port over the "Pilot" ROM? I've got some text adventures written on that platform that I'd like to try and salvage.

Thanks, all - great forum!

-ET

Edited by ET1967

Hi, gang - I want to try and transfer some old Atari800 files to PC emulation, if possible. I have my Atari 800, a 1050 drive, and I think I may even have the 850 parallel interface - that thing that you needed for the printer, which I don't think I ever hooked up.

What kind of cabling is needed to get data from the 1050 disks to a pc? I remember finding a place that had some kind of adapter, but that was a few years ago, and I've already forgotten the details.

I have an Atari 800 emulator on my pc somewhere, so that part's ready to go - oh, and any suggestions on how to port over the "Pilot" ROM? I've got some text adventures written on that platform that I'd like to try and salvage.

-ET

You can do the sio2pc but you could also do it in an 'out side the box (but easier)' way by getting a sio2sd or sdio2ide (use with a CF card). Both of these store data on fat16 partitions in atr files (same as the emulator uses). So.... you move the files onto these memory and then plug into a PC and use from an emulator. Easy... and you get a free 'hard drive' interface for your atari.

-ET

You can do the sio2pc but you could also do it in an 'out side the box (but easier)' way by getting a sio2sd or sdio2ide (use with a CF card). Both of these store data on fat16 partitions in atr files (same as the emulator uses). So.... you move the files onto these memory and then plug into a PC and use from an emulator. Easy... and you get a free 'hard drive' interface for your atari.

but you cant image the original floppy discs with these