IGNORED

Spent too much on a new Atari

Just won a new in box Atari 130XE on ebay!. Looking forward to getting an SIO2PC? cable to hook it into my server etc. Also looking forward to having a play with 6502 assembler and following some of the books on atariarchives.com. Now need to source an Atari assembler cartridge or is there a ROM I could ron under emulation. Write some code then transfer back.

Whole new world to learn

Seller I got my Atari from had 3 130XE's with sequential numbers. Noticed another seller trying to sell a box of 3 new 130xe's.

Looks like there could be a glut of these coming onto ebay.

Gosh never thought i would get so excited about getting an 8-bit computer! now looking for a 7800

Just won a new in box Atari 130XE on ebay!. Looking forward to getting an SIO2PC? cable to hook it into my server etc. Also looking forward to having a play with 6502 assembler and following some of the books on atariarchives.com. Now need to source an Atari assembler cartridge or is there a ROM I could ron under emulation. Write some code then transfer back.

Whole new world to learn

Seller I got my Atari from had 3 130XE's with sequential numbers. Noticed another seller trying to sell a box of 3 new 130xe's.

Gosh never thought i would get so excited about getting an 8-bit computer! now looking for a 7800

If you have not yet seen Best Electronics http://best-electronics-ca.com/ they carry many new or new condition Atari things. I'd bet he has 7800s and assembler carts.

Whole new world to learn

If you have not yet seen Best Electronics http://best-electronics-ca.com/ they carry many new or new condition Atari things. I'd bet he has 7800s and assembler carts.

Thanks, that site has way too much stuff :-)

The guy that sells these puts them up a couple times a year... I would hazard he is still sitting on multiple units... He usually puts them up as a set of three still in the Atari outer box, or as individual units... I guess he used to be a dealer, that or he bought a container load when Atari closed down...

I got one from him last year and paid about $110 with shipping, the other two he put up at the same time went for $150 plus shipping... I can attest that these really are NTSC brand new in the box never used...

Thanks, that site has way too much stuff :-)

As for Best, I heavily recommend them, I would also recommend getting his catalog when/if you place an order... It has a host of information, some of the items in it are sold out but Brad (the owner) puts up an Addendum on his website every time something changes in price or sells out... Also if it's not on the site, but you are looking for something specific give him an email... I've located products via him that I couldn't find anywhere else...

my number one recommendation for your 130XE if you are going to do any heavy typing on it is item# CB102117 "The Best XE Touch" for $14.50... they are replacement key cups that go under your keyboard and change its feel substantially.

Anyway have fun with the 130XE, it's a great machine

well orpheus, best has the most expensive 130xe's for sale then, last time i was told it was 175usd (which is basically same price they were going for back in the day)

and there's me thinking that brad's were made from gold, diamond, or platinum or something

And that's why you will notice I didn't recommend buying a 130XE from Brad (unless of course you want a warranty, you know, something that's unheard of these days with vintage equipment)... However for hard to find parts and supplies, as well as interesting things you might never find anywhere else Best (as well as B&C computervisions/MyAtari) is the best option for anyone...