IGNORED

This looks REALLY cool!

Video

One of my freinds found this on the internet, Youtube (yeah, I never thought I'D be posting references to Youtube :lol: Yeah, I know it's escentaully been done befor (in the form of Eyetoy for PS2, or X-boxes own Livevision camera, but you still gotta love the Idea....if in practice it turns out to actually work.Project Natal Motion Sensing Controller for XBOX 360 Anyhow, looks cool to me, I'd definitely pick it up on release, it would go in the living room....probably in place of the Wii I was considering getting :P take that Nintendo :lol:

Like I said, a few "IF's" in there, but hell, it looked pretty cool to me. Oh check out about 1:25, I could see playing a 3D rampage with this thing :D

(now watch fourtyseven people come back with links to where this was already posted on here :P )

Yes I saw this video. It's free on the Live marketplace as well.

I would be surprised if it works as great as they make it look.

I think this will work really well for a few particular games, probably all put out by MS as tech demo's (Think wii Sports) beyond that and not unlike the Eyetoy, it wont be used for much, or supported for long. (Although hands free navigation of the dash might be a plus)

I would like the 360 to never go motion sensing. It is ok on the Wii but I would like the 360 to stick to the good proven controller it has. I would like to still be able to play good games without throwing the damn controller around. Motion sensing just gives game developers incentive to implement stupid crap into their games. Even if the idea were to move to full-body sensing I still have no interest.

I'm skeptical that it would work as well as the extended ad shows.

Penny Arcade had some interesting insight on it last Friday:

Speaking specifically to the demos in the Microsoft reel, let's say I were to install such a device atop my television. The first time it failed to recognize Brenna or her voice, and I mean the very first time, she'd never use it again. People who are not Goddamned nerds don't endure variables like this if they don't have to.

Their comic for that day is humorous as well.