IGNORED

Would you expect games in this lot?

I bought this lot on eBay. I thought it included games. After it arrived I asked the seller where my games were. Here is his response.

"The auction was for atari game box's as stated in title and

description.sorry you misunderstood.but when I did not get any

questions From you I figured you knew?"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...alenotsupported

Would you expect games from his title and description?

Hell yes I would have expected the games in the boxes, the seller doesn't go out of his (or her) way to mention that this is for boxes ONLY and the games are not included. Of course, this being eBay I suppose you have to assume that ever seller is out to take advantage of you and if you are not careful and don't take everything absolutely literally you're probably going to fall for auctions like this. :(

..Al

He didn't say one way or another that they were or were not included. It was worded to be deceptive on purpose. The funky use of "box" instead of "boxes". That is why you have to be careful. But hey, you won't loose any money on this. $2 a box isn't bad. Most of that can be had for around $1 each or less. ;) then you can put them in your store for $25 each. LOL J/K (or am I). Heh

AX

Yeah, the fact that nothing is said about tested or untested would make me wonder.

On the other hand, most sellers with functioning brains would be sure to point out that it's boxes only, no games.

I'd still complain, the seller ought to agree to refund if you send it back. I bet PayPal would side with you on a SNAD if you point out that it doesn't say "no games" and then you can send it back even if they don't want to do it without dragging PayPal into it.

Also, the phrase "box lot" is used in auctions to describe a bunch of things sold together, not a "lot of boxes". So that was misleading, intentionally or not.

Well, looking at this I personally would be able to intrepret for myself just by the title that it is a box lot. They could have used more words and interated more but for me, I only see a listing for a lot of boxes. Sometimes you click quick and misinterpret what is said. I have done it a few times myself and kicked myself in the a$$ for not catching it off the bat. Sorry man. :|

No, I wouldn't have expected games.

But that's only because I was surprised by the same sort of auction once before. After getting empty boxes, I went back to the auction page and sure enough, I hadn't read carefully (and literally) enough.

Sorry it happened to you, too. :(

Comparing this lot to the other one You won, I wouldn't have expected games in this lot. The one with the Superman Sears Clearly states, There are games and the title is Atari Game lot. This one states, Atari Box lot, with no mention of games in the title or description. If I would have just seen this one, by itself. I would have wondered. I would have emailed him first for sure. HHW

The other way of saying it was "NO GAMES INCLUDED". That is a must if you don't have trickery at heart.

Look at the guys feedback. I feel it was not only his intention but he knew he would fool someone. This wasn't some random newb mistake, not saying one way or another. He crafted his bad working with care. Personally, I wouldn't have bought it because it WAS suspect. No talk of the games working or not, or photo of the carts.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

however, it does say "some have manuals and some do not".

Boxes don't have manuals, games do.

Huh?

The manuals are included with the boxes. How is there any other way of saying this?

Some just don't realize that some people just don't have the grammer skills that are needed to interate in this society with those who need complete interating. The word "contain or contains would have been better to use but like I said. Some people are listing quickly and don't think like others do. Grammer check should be a requirement for eBay shouldn't it? :D

Some just don't realize that some people just don't have the grammer skills that are needed to interate in this society with those who need complete interating. The word "contain or contains would have been better to use but like I said. Some people are listing quickly and don't think like others do. Grammer check should be a requirement for eBay shouldn't it? :D

Well, the seller clearly isn't the sharpest knife. Regardless, I really just don't see how anyone could think that the games were included. The fact that that the purchaser submitted an offer instead of hitting the BIN (and thus had plenty of time to ask the seller if he was unsure) doesn't help his case either.

I would have expected games if I bought it but then I would have went back, read the description again and realized I'd been had. Yes he deliberately worded this to rip someone off, you can try and fight it of course but he made sure to word the description so it will look as if he did nothing wrong. I will be adding this guy to my block list, thanks for the heads up.

The other way of saying it was "NO GAMES INCLUDED". That is a must if you don't have trickery at heart.

Look at the guys feedback. I feel it was not only his intention but he knew he would fool someone. This wasn't some random newb mistake, not saying one way or another. He crafted his bad working with care. Personally, I wouldn't have bought it because it WAS suspect. No talk of the games working or not, or photo of the carts.

AX

Agreed on all counts. Sorry this guy got burned.

The eBay account for these sales is a guy named Gary who runs a little Flea Market business in the Hillbilly Fleamarket just 3 miles from my house. He has rediculous prices on most of his stuff. He is also a little bit windy and tells tall tales about his sales. I have seen these games and many others he has put on eBay lately. He had Rescue Terra I and told me a tall tale that he sold it on eBay for $180 when it sold for $87. I know because I watched and bid on it myself just so I could walk in and call his bluff on his tall tales. He will ship his stuff out when he sells them but in the flea market he is extremely reluctant about losing $1 on anything. He recently had a game he had no clue about and couldn't find any info about it so he stuck a $100 price tag on it. I went to my house and grabbed the exact same game and a print out for him and told him that if he sells his stuff to just ask me about them. He refused thinking he knows it all but I can tell you he sells questionable bought items from people selling them to him. You won't see those on eBay though because he knows that the serial numbers will be traced. I have personally never bought anything from him but have just stopped in occasionally to give him grief. BTW. I have never told him any of his games are worth alot of money. He just types the name of the item on eBay and goes by the prices there. So, if McG has an item on there with his high prices then Gary goes with that. Thanks McG. ;)

I know of him. Fleamarket sellers are shady for the most part. :|

Box lot not game lot. :P I could see where if you weren't reading closely to expect games, but title is game box lot not game lot.

I would have been more clear that there were no games if I was selling, but with that title I would have asked if there were games as there was no obvious sign to me that there were.

That still sucks though whether or not he was intentionally trying to deceive someone.

The FUNNIEST thing about this all? "grammar" & "iterate" are both misspelled numerous times (grammer & interate(d) LOLZ) and nobody mentioned it! Not even Ping! :rolling: :D

Oh, and sorry but it reads as a lot of empty game boxes to me (some with instructions), I understood that when I 1st read the auction... :?:

You were just gonna try to resell them all on ePay for some insanely jacked-up prices anyway - I guess this time YOU got swindled LOLZ

Edited by anicetyguy