IGNORED

HSC Season 6 Week 40: Missile Command

Ze_ro

Actually, I was also thinking of this version of Missile Command some days ago... about how this would maybe be a good game to try again. Now there's actually a reason to do that...

I have to say this was once one of my favorite games. It was actually one of the "killer apps" of the Atari 2600 for me, and we bought it along with the console back in early 1984, so with the pack-in, Pac Man, we had two games for it initially.

Measured by that, my score is not really great... 48885. post-8393-1244405463_thumb.png.

Man, Thomas Jentzsch's Missile Command TB has totally spoiled me. My trust wico command control trak ball even felt too sluggish and inaccurate for me to be motivated enough to go for a higher score. Usually with Missile Command TB I can get about 50,000 points on game 4.

post-22987-1244586709_thumb.jpg

Edited by sloth713

• 2 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I just noticed this High Score forum and thought I would share this with anyone who might be interested. When I was younger, I actually was able to play Missile Command and flip the score. It wasn't much of a challenge that day as long as I stayed focused, and it became boring after awhile. I stuck with it to see what would happen. Would it chop off the left digit? Would it become a negative number? Would it reset to zero? Would it add the last point value to zero when it flipped? The answer ended up being the score went to exactly 0 and started counting up again when I got my next points. After I flipped it, I intentionally lost because I was tired of playing it.