IGNORED

Sears Superman boxed for the Atari 2600

Thanks for looking! Free priority shipping!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...19530%26fvi%3D1

From a previous Thread, MCgrail Posted:

" As far as I know there is only one Sears Superman box so I would be shocked if there is a pic label inside. There have only been 2 confirmed Sears pic labels that I am aware of and I have seen this box more often than that. I lost out on a Sears Superman box last fall so I have been looking for one. If I thought there was a pic label inside I never would have made an offer. I would have used the buy it now." :roll: :roll:

Edited by hhwolfman

Thanks for looking! Free priority shipping!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...19530%26fvi%3D1

From a previous Thread, MCgrail Posted:

" As far as I know there is only one Sears Superman box so I would be shocked if there is a pic label inside. There have only been 2 confirmed Sears pic labels that I am aware of and I have seen this box more often than that. I lost out on a Sears Superman box last fall so I have been looking for one. If I thought there was a pic label inside I never would have made an offer. I would have used the buy it now." :roll: :roll:

There are a lot of items that I have looked for through the years such as Ultravision Karate (found on eBay), Xante cartridges (found on eBay), Sears Superman boxed (found on eBay), ect. Some items are a challenge for me to find but it doesn't mean that I am going to keep them. At one point or another I have owned almost every Atari 2600 title. If I had a ton of money I would have kept them all but I don't.

I guess I just miss read these. HHW

No, you didn't, "For my collection!" = "For my stock pile!".

But he never says for my collection. That's the whole thing. He just says "I have been looking for one." He just neglects to add these words. "I have been looking for one to flip on Ebay."

Edit: I do think it was rather stupid of him to post this on AtariAge right after saying that though. He would have been best off not saying anything and just relisting the item at the higher price. Most likely the guy who bought it had nothing to do with AtariAge in the first place.

Double Edit: In McGrails defense the listing including the boxed Superman game was on Ebay for quite awhile. Anyone could of snatched it up if they wanted to. I think the Buy It Now Price was $100 or something like that.

Edited by homerwannabee

I am sorry man but posting this thread advertising your auction after there was just a post about you getting the big lot for a steal by Shawn Sr. I really think you are asking for everything that came with the thread. Yes i am sure some people in here are jealous they don't have the time you do to scan auctions and find these deals and resell for 200 to 300% profit and others have a moral issue with it all. I say if you won this auction with a buy it now or best offer good for you! I have grabbed some nice deals and sold for a profit and i don't feel i am going to hell for it. On the other hand if you are getting people to pull auctions off of ebay and grab something from someone for a steal because you know they have no clue about the value then shame on you. I don't have the time you do to sit in front of my computer and refresh all day and actually that must suck after awhile to not have other things you can be doing with your time. People have criticized me for reselling and in a way i think its pretty pathetic as i won everything fair and square and at times i am forced to sell the stuff for lower than i actually paid. I have been quite generous to some people here but the moment that i don't feel like being quite so generous i am criticized and ridiculed and flamed by know it alls like mr. blue jeans and others. There is work and time involved in grabbing those buy it nows and i believe if you spend that much time on it you should get some type of profit. I do understand why people are a bit angered by it as no one with a moderately busy lifestyle really has the chance to grab a really nice buy it now on something becasue of a lot of us resellers who surf ebay more frequently then them but that's life. Once again i do kind of think advertising this auction was kind of silly and asking for a bit of trouble, but i am sure you knew where it could lead when u posted.

Edited by Atarimania75

I have no problem of the Finding and selling it for a nice profit. That was real nice. :) I guess it is just the comments he makes about his collection and the I have been looking for one, as stated above. I guess I just miss read these. HHW

That was my point; he does not have a collection ;) Just finds things and resells them. If he did have a collection, he probably would have posted here saying he found a nice boxed Sears Superman for his collection, oh wait, he did mention he was looking for one :D Anyways, he made more money than me today. Cheers all, FB

I am sorry man but posting this thread advertising your auction after there was just a post about you getting the big lot for a steal by Shawn Sr. I really think you are asking for everything that came with the thread. Yes i am sure some people in here are jealous they don't have the time you do to scan auctions and find these deals and resell for 200 to 300% profit and others have a moral issue with it all. I say if you won this auction with a buy it now or best offer good for you! I have grabbed some nice deals and sold for a profit and i don't feel i am going to hell for it. On the other hand if you are getting people to pull auctions off of ebay and grab something from someone for a steal because you know they have no clue about the value then shame on you. I don't have the time you do to sit in front of my computer and refresh all day and actually that must suck after awhile to not have other things you can be doing with your time. People have criticized me for reselling and in a way i think its pretty pathetic as i won everything fair and square and at times i am forced to sell the stuff for lower than i actually paid. I have been quite generous to some people here but the moment that i don't feel like being quite so generous i am criticized and ridiculed and flamed by know it alls like mr. blue jeans and others. There is work and time involved in grabbing those buy it nows and i believe if you spend that much time on it you should get some type of profit. I do understand why people are a bit angered by it as no one with a moderately busy lifestyle really has the chance to grab a really nice buy it now on something becasue of a lot of us resellers who surf ebay more frequently then them but that's life. Once again i do kind of think advertising this auction was kind of silly and asking for a bit of trouble, but i am sure you knew where it could lead when u posted.

There's the ol Atarimania75 we know and love :D Just messing with you man :D

Well, if everyone just ignored the posts then he wouldn't have the fuel to say "Ha ha. Looked how much I made." It's smug but when they do not care they will do anything for attention. I really don't have business problems with McG but this really does make McG look even worse for the community. Passing off carts that have the screw hole exposed but someone has just simply put another PCB inside and says it's a rare cart but they just switched out the game, the flagrant flipping of products that a true collector might want to add their collection by sitting all day behind the screen and refreshing eBay to see what new has been listed, selling items that have been repeatedly warned not to sell for profit. Before too long McG, your ways will catch up to you. Be cool. Your just asking for a flaming.

I've often wondered if he just has the concept of "everything is for sale". Some of his stock does not actually sell very quickly. It's the passing igmo that pays top dollar for one of the overpriced items that makes it worth putting his

-whatever you want to call it- up on eBay stores.

I had thought about doing the same for the fun of it, but had decided if I ever did take pictures of everything (should I find the time) I'd just put it on my website. I would never sell my Pac-Man Collection theme colecovision, however, if someone were to offer Oh, say $10K for it... I'm sure Double Down and I could split that and build me a new one ;) Really even the rarest item has a price... I'm just guessing that is what he does to justify collecting.Sure, he does stuff that can be annoying. McGrail doesn't talk about personal stuff much, but I don't think he is quite as evil as Shawn Sr makes out.

For me, the justification in collecting comes in saying that I 'could' sell my personal stuff if I needed too. But why bother when I have PLENTY of extras and crap that came along with the collection process (you buy a lot to get a game, and have 49 other things to get rid of). Sure I can and do buy for resale. Who is going to pass up a 50 cent INTV Stadium Mud Buggies, even if they don't collect for INTV? What I don't do is say I've been looking for one for my collection then list it. If in fact that goes on it is deceit, if no where else at least here on Atari Age that should not happen amongst fans and friends.

AX

I don't spend all day refreshing. I am not sure why you think that. I have a very busy life outside of the internet.

I guess I just miss read these. HHW

No, you didn't, "For my collection!" = "For my stock pile!".

But he never says for my collection. T

He did not mention that line in the thread above, but he has use that line, many a time, over the past years, as CPUWIZ has noted.