IGNORED

Escape from Mindmaster - highest rating/score possible?

Scott Stilphen

• 1 year later...
Is it possible to score 600 points or more?  This is the info I have for the ratings and score:

Quaint         0-99

Promising    100-199

Amusing      200-299

Intriguing    300-399

Impressive  400-499

Awesome    500-599

?                600-?

Scott, I was wondering the same thing. "Unbeatable", possibly? Because the highest score I've ever gotten on Mindmaster is 542. To get over 600, you'd have to know where all the shapes and corresponding holes are, do well in the Bonus Games, all while avoiding the "Alien Stalker". I think that getting 600 or more is virtually impossible.

To get over 600, you'd have to know where all the shapes and corresponding holes are, do well in the Bonus Games, all while avoiding the "Alien Stalker".  I think that getting 600 or more is virtually impossible.

Actually, once you beat the game, you get a bonus of 100 points, and with one of the difficulty switches on A--the left one is for 5 chances to get out instead of 9, the right one gives you a fast alien stalker--you'll get 150 points at the end when you win. So I'm assuming that if you have both difficulty switches on A you'd get 300 points right then and there if you beat the game, but I've yet to try that; occasionally I'll have it so I get 5 chances instead of 9 to make it out, but I only tried it on the fast stalker once EVER...and just a couple of days ago, as a matter of fact!

Some day I'll have the nerve to try it with both switches on A just to be sure, but I doubt I'll win THAT game though. :D

Is it possible to score 600 points or more?  This is the info I have for the ratings and score:

Quaint         0-99

Promising    100-199

Amusing      200-299

Intriguing    300-399

Impressive  400-499

Awesome    500-599

?                600-?

My best score was 620 points.

I still have a picture of the screen somewhere, because it allowed me to win a videogame contest here in Italy!

I still have a picture of the screen somewhere, because it allowed me to win a videogame contest here in Italy!

Congratulations!

:idea: I just had a look at the code and only found one more string that would fit: CHEATING

Sorry Thomas, no cheating, I was really into that game :wink:

You've given me some motivation to find that photo - and if I remember correctly, the maps and the notes I wrote should be with it..

Sorry Thomas, no cheating, I was really into that game  :wink:  

You've given me some motivation to find that photo - and if I remember correctly, the maps and the notes I wrote should be with it..

Oops, I think you may have gotten me wrong. I don't doubt your score at all, CHEATING is really inside the game code.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Congratulations!

:idea: I just had a look at the code and only found one more string that would fit: CHEATING

Sorry Thomas, no cheating, I was really into that game :wink:

550669[/snapback]

So, oystron, find that photo yet? I'm curious as to what the rating past 600 points is!

I've got a 624 and a 706 posted here in another thread.

As far as I know, no one has ever even tied the 624 except me, and then only once.

624 causes the 2600 Mindmaster to declare you to be (you got it)--CHEATING.

706 causes the CV Mindmaster to declare you to be Fantastic.

I'd consider a perfect score on the 2600 to be 740. You can score higher than that, but your scores form level to level will not be consistent.

In all mazes, you can score 60 points for finishing the maze, depending on how long it takes you.

In maze 1, you can score at least 41 points on the agility test. In maze 2, the test subtracts the number of incorrect moves from the number of correct moves, then divides the result by four. Theoretically, the max score depends on how fast your system can register joystick moves.

The maximum score in the recall test is 36. The maximum score in the dexterity test is something I haven't determined, but it takes a set time to move from side to side, and there's a time limit on the test.

I haven't determined the max score for test 5 yet, either. The most points I'v gotten for a landing was 8, multiply that times five (assuming you can land five perfect times) for a total of 40.

When you finish the game, you get 100 points right away, plus 50 points for each difficulty switch that was set to A. So, slow stalkers and ten lives earns you 100 points, fast stalkers/ten lives gets you 150, slow stalkers/six lives gets you 150, and fast stalkers/six lives (the only way I ever play) gets you 200.

Soon as I get a VHS tape or two, I'm gonna make a 2600 run for Twin Galaxies. I may also buy a CV and this game just for another TG run.

Oh, I almost forgot: The scoring for 2600 and CV is different.

My perfect score above is for the 2600 version, which is a bit harder in general than the CV version.

post-7210-1133484505_thumb.jpg

post-7210-1133484599.jpg

Edited by shadow460

• 3 weeks later...
I've got a 624 and a 706 posted here in another thread.

As far as I know, no one has ever even tied the 624 except me, and then only once.

624 causes the 2600 Mindmaster to declare you to be (you got it)--CHEATING.

706 causes the CV Mindmaster to declare you to be Fantastic.

I'd consider a perfect score on the 2600 to be 740.  You can score higher than that, but your scores form level to level will not be consistent.

In all mazes, you can score 60 points for finishing the maze, depending on how long it takes you.

In maze 1, you can score at least 41 points on the agility test.  In maze 2, the test subtracts the number of incorrect moves from the number of correct moves, then divides the result by four.  Theoretically, the max score depends on how fast your system can register joystick moves.

The maximum score in the recall test is 36.  The maximum score in the dexterity test is something I haven't determined, but it takes a set time to move from side to side, and there's a time limit on the test.

I haven't determined the max score for test 5 yet, either.  The most points I'v gotten for a landing was 8, multiply that times five (assuming you can land five perfect times) for a total of 40.

When you finish the game, you get 100 points right away, plus 50 points for each difficulty switch that was set to A.  So, slow stalkers and ten lives earns you 100 points, fast stalkers/ten lives gets you 150, slow stalkers/six lives gets you 150, and fast stalkers/six lives (the only way I ever play) gets you 200.

Soon as I get a VHS tape or two, I'm gonna make a 2600 run for Twin Galaxies.  I may also buy a CV and this game just for another TG run.

Oh, I almost forgot:  The scoring for 2600 and CV is different.

My perfect score above is for the 2600 version, which is a bit harder in general than the CV version.

975119[/snapback]

Oh, so it is Cheating. I guess I should have read the posts a little more carefully, lol.

I was thinking the other day that a possibility would be "Incredible". Maybe that, or Fantastic would be a possibility for 700 and over, although "Cheating" would seem to fit that bracket, since you'd basically have to be cheating to get that big a score. Incredible or Fantastic should have been the rating for the 600-699 bracket.

It seems like you cheat to get a score like that, but it is possible.

It's kind of a breaking point, though, between an expert player's performance, and the performance of a "top 10 worldwide" player. Once I figured out how to score 620 plus consistently, it became easy.

Within a few weeks, I will be releasing some new FAQs, and one of them covers this game. It'll have some references to Labyrinth and the CV version, but the primary focus is on Escape From the MindMaster for the 2600.