IGNORED

The Cloak & Dagger Challenge

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

The bulk of the progress he made so far is mostly in adding all the missing features from the arcade version into the home version. The 1984 version of C&D was going to be missing (or have severely watered down versions of) several items from the arcade game. Dave has now gone back and reworked his code to make enough improvements that he can add these items back in. For example in the 1984 version the forklifts were going to be stationary, however now Dave thinks he can get them to move around like they do in the arcade game. The boxes in the 84 version were all the same ugly shape and color, now Dave thinks he can make them distinctly different. Stuff like that.

Tempest

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here's an unofficial conte....I mean.....challenge! Sorry, no prizes other than the pride of knowing you did. OK, The challenge is for all you Photoshop experts out there. Who can recreate the 5200 Cloak & Dagger cart and/or box from the movie to share with all the 5200 fans out there. Here's the best pictures I can get from my video tape.

Allan

I am very good with photoshop, but to do that is like.....UHHHHHHH........WHY!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to go on record myself that I would be ALL IN on buying a Cloak and Dagger cartridge! I mean, how could I not? That's just one of those great things from childhood. I was kind of on the young side when the movie came out (7 or 8 I think?), but even then I got the BIGGEST kick out of that movie, and was so bummed when I couldn't actually play the game!

On a slight side note, talk about 'the more things change, the more they stay the same'! Get a load of this: got up this morning and my 2 1/2 year old says she wants to see me 'play ghosts, Daddy!'. 'Ghosts' is what she calls Pac-Man (though usually refering to the Championship Edition on my 360, cause she gets into the music on it too). So, I play Pac-Man for a while. Then we turn the game off and turn the TV on, so she can get some cartoon time in. What did we watch on CBS? Care Bears. That ended at 7:30 (about 15 minutes ago). Now what are we watching? Strawberry Shortcake.

Seriously, what year am I living in? I just want to make sure that I didn't get caught in a time rift or something. Er, other than the fact that I'm on a computer that probably would've rivled NASA 25 years ago :)

• 1 month later...
Hmm... I actually haven't talked to Dave in awhile. I'll shoot him a note tonight.

Tempest

Any news from Dave Comstock?

Come to think of it, no. I'll get in touch with him tonight. Thanks for a reminder...

Tempest

Don´t mention it. :) I know he´s working on it in his sparetime, but if he needs anything, an incentive or whatever, I´m sure we could rally the troops in no time.

This amazing game really needs to see the light of day on a 5200.

• 6 months later...

I filmed this at CGE of Dave talking about Cloak and Dagger 5200. Never heard from him again. Anyone know the status of the project? Great label on the thread. When they game comes out, It MUST have the label or it would kill the illusion, knowhutimean?

Also, it would be worth extra money, although not as necessary, to have an extra chip with an easter egg video of the secret plane plans. It would complete the thing, though. And last thought, to get one copy to Henry Thomas! He'd get a kick out of that!

Wargames the 25th anniversary was on recently at major theatres. nice! Similar to Cloak and Dagger, but the only game I know of is the colecovision and I think C-64 for Wargames.