IGNORED

self-centering idea

nathanallan

Would this be a good idea to try?

What's the point? It needs to be demoed on an actual 5200 stock controller. Otherwise, one may as well get the Wico controllers.

Unless I am missing something, which may be possible due to the fluctuating volume levels in the video and since I am at work where I need to keep it down.

Modifying an original controller, but I don't have one to work with. My idea was to find a spring that will fit under the joystick on the 5200 controller, make it self-center this way with the "cone in a cone" thing. Possibly a kit that will let a person add spring and cones. Just an idea.

You didn't miss anything, and yes, it needs to be done on an actual controller. I was thinking concept from that PC stick controller, is all.

Nathan

Modifying an original controller, but I don't have one to work with. My idea was to find a spring that will fit under the joystick on the 5200 controller, make it self-center this way with the "cone in a cone" thing. Possibly a kit that will let a person add spring and cones. Just an idea.

You didn't miss anything, and yes, it needs to be done on an actual controller. I was thinking concept from that PC stick controller, is all.

Nathan

In that respect it is a good idea to try. I would have thought someone tried this before but to my knowledge there has not been any success in this area.

I was actually going to ask my father-in-law a few months ago if he wanted to work on designing it given that he just retired. I didn't bother since he and have been both busy with other projects.